Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750840 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #5275 on: 20 August, 2014, 07:23:29 pm »
Chaps, on a different note, tomorrow I am riding out to Dunmow and wondered if anyone could
Recommend a coffee / cake stop for late morning?

Blue Egg, Great Bardfield?

« Reply #5276 on: 20 August, 2014, 07:57:30 pm »
ok see everybody at 7.00 pm tomorrow

« Reply #5277 on: 22 August, 2014, 07:37:28 am »
I did enjoy my ride to the Cats last night. I was a bit early so I continued my ride and 85km later found myself back at home!  ;D
I trust you all had a good time too?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5278 on: 22 August, 2014, 07:58:17 am »
I did enjoy my ride to the Cats last night. I was a bit early so I continued my ride and 85km later found myself back at home!  ;D
I trust you all had a good time too?

We got there bang on 9pm after a fun ride.  Bivvi bags were examined and discussed; kevh looked on with mild bemusement.  3 pints each and then home.  Managed to get home before the streetlights went out at midnight.

One of the cats at The Cats:

According to Mrs Wally, who apparently isn't quite Mrs Wally, Wally has been poorly but on the mend.

« Reply #5279 on: 22 August, 2014, 08:45:34 am »
Pleasant evening's ride. Had a clipless moment when OD decided to stop at a junction instead of pulling out in front of a fast moving car. Ended up sprawled out at the side of the road still attached to the bike and took me a couple of moments to disentangle myself. Also had a bit of hilarity whilst recounting our Hull adventure which didn't seem that funny at the time but on reflection had me in fits. Think we probably put Kev off audaxing with our stories.

« Reply #5280 on: 22 August, 2014, 08:49:49 am »
Had a clipless moment when OD decided to stop at a junction instead of pulling out in front of a fast moving car.
Not very sporting of him!  ::-)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5281 on: 22 August, 2014, 09:01:04 am »
Fellow yacfers seem to be making a habit out of riding into me. Oaky rode into my head a couple of winters ago and now this latest in incident. It must be my magnetic personality.

« Reply #5282 on: 22 August, 2014, 10:18:29 am »
Thanks for the beers and telling me all about your hull trip last night. Think i might do a 200km aduax next year to easy myself in

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5283 on: 22 August, 2014, 10:24:15 am »
Talking of 200s.  Me and Old Git are doing this 200 DIY by GPS on Sunday 7th September -  feel free to join us.  All you have to do is present yourself at my back gate at 0630hrs.  If you give me some advanced warning you might even get a bacon roll.

« Reply #5284 on: 22 August, 2014, 10:50:33 am »
Can I just come for the Bacon Roll?

Might join you on that 200 (If permission is forthcoming)....I have had a couple of Lazy weeks on the commuting front so need to get a few miles back in the legs before the Flatlands.

Sounds like a good night yesterday, I got home planning to come to the cats but had some 'Jobs' to do after forgetting to put the rubbish out, AGAIN on Tuesday.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5285 on: 22 August, 2014, 10:59:27 am »
Can I just come for the Bacon Roll?

If you want  ;D

I got home planning to come to the cats but had some 'Jobs' to do after forgetting to put the rubbish out, AGAIN on Tuesday.

Perhaps we should take it in turns to send you a reminder text each Tuesday - this is getting serious  :o

« Reply #5286 on: 22 August, 2014, 11:09:09 am »
I always remember on Tuesday.....somewhere in the Chelmsford Area at which point I send a text home to mention it....I am kind of getting the feeling the Text doesn't actually make things any better.

I'll get back to you on the ride, would be good to ride a 200 with my intended Flatlands set up, I will be putitng the bike back in Audax mode for the Mildenhall ride tomorrow. Also flipping the stem to see if that works prior to the 600.

Bivvy Bag, New Bottles and some energy bars all showed up this week so starting to feel a little more prepared now.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5287 on: 22 August, 2014, 12:03:31 pm »
All this talk of Audaxing, 200's and Flatlands reminds me that I should go find the static bikes in the gym and spin the legs for an hour, or I could just go back to the pool side sun bed with another beer or cocktail...  8)
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5288 on: 26 August, 2014, 04:11:31 pm »
So who is out to play tomorrow evening?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5289 on: 26 August, 2014, 05:19:42 pm »
Hmmm, not sure. Where did you have in mind?

*Hint* The White Hart in Witham has a new real ale bar!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5290 on: 26 August, 2014, 07:59:38 pm »

Ok - any cycling involved for Withamites?? Could meet you somewhere.....

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5291 on: 26 August, 2014, 08:28:37 pm »
Well, many of them have fooked off to The New World! Why don't you meet me at my back gate and we go for a spin then try the White Hart?  I could feed you before we set off.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5292 on: 26 August, 2014, 09:16:57 pm »
Would that be the White Hart, Margeretting Tye? I'll see if there are any chauffeurs around who wouldn't mind taking a crocked old git out for a drive.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5293 on: 26 August, 2014, 09:20:02 pm »
Would that be the White Hart, Margeretting Tye? I'll see if there are any chauffeurs around who wouldn't mind taking a crocked old git out for a drive.

The White Hart in the middle of Witham....

I'll be eating with the family OD, but head out around 7 - ETA at yours about 8:15? Or meet you somewhere half-way - I was thinking of swinging by the Compasses to have a word with Joss about the 11th Oct do.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5294 on: 26 August, 2014, 09:22:31 pm »

^^^ Nooooo Wow!  The Witham version!  Witham has a railway station so you might not need a driver.

By the way, there was a chap charging his Nissan Leaf at Newbury Park station car park this afternoon.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5295 on: 26 August, 2014, 09:24:55 pm »
I need a driver, my leg's in plaster. https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=84517.0 refers.

We took a little over 1 kwh out of the very wobbly Witham charger on Sunday. We left Fboab's place with just about enough to get home, but just to be on the safe side we topped up for 15 to 20 minutes at Witham. We arrived home with the battery at 15%, which would have been OK for another 15 miles, had we wished.

From here to Witham and back required no charging. The battery is good for about 80 miles with absolutely no worries whatsoever.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5296 on: 26 August, 2014, 09:38:46 pm »
Good stuff Wow.

Tomsk, what time might you be at The Compasses?  I don't want to be out late, got a heavy Thursday.

« Reply #5297 on: 27 August, 2014, 07:47:03 am »
hmmm, I am around (and I put the Rubbish out yesterday, although it seems the recycling is also part of the deal  :facepalm:)

Will see what I can sort out. What time are you expecting to be at the White Hart should I miss the earlier meeting time.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5298 on: 27 August, 2014, 08:14:10 am »
I think about 7:30-ish at the Compasses. If we go back on a fairly direct route then maybe 8:30pm at the White Hart.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5299 on: 27 August, 2014, 08:40:52 am »
I'm not entirely sure what I will being doing this evening, depends on what time I get away from London. I will see you in Witham's White Hart about 9ish if not before.