Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750950 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #13250 on: 06 March, 2019, 10:58:23 am »
Feeling a bit below par today, slight cold symptoms and a busy day tomorrow, so I'm out.  :'(

Have a good ride and a nice short journey home [for most of you anyway].

« Reply #13251 on: 06 March, 2019, 11:04:10 am »
I am probably out as well - a mixture of man flu and getting on with some ski sharpening and waxing.  A motorised visit is not out of the question though.

If the Malsters could be moved from next week that would be cool.  It is one of my fave venues.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #13252 on: 06 March, 2019, 11:44:58 am »
....do the Witham peloton want a route or should we just follow our noses?

How much COR would be involved in a route?
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #13253 on: 06 March, 2019, 12:03:07 pm »
Afraid I'm going to be stuck in work. Hopefully catch up on or around the Horsepower this Saturday.
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #13254 on: 06 March, 2019, 12:58:47 pm »
....do the Witham peloton want a route or should we just follow our noses?

How much COR would be involved in a route?
You need to ask if we follow OD's nose??
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #13255 on: 06 March, 2019, 01:03:06 pm »
That's the worry.  ODs nose can find COR where I thought there was only tarmac.  A planned route lets me find alternative ways to make a fool of myself (and that is before the pub!)

« Reply #13256 on: 06 March, 2019, 01:24:53 pm »
When are you thinking of Pleshey? I’m not around tomorrow, but could make next Wednesday. Currently we have Maldon down for 13th, but I think that is when the Bard of the Island cannot attend.

Not tomorrow, that's Witham.
We should stick with Maldon Maltsters else the earth rotation might wobble... ?!?!

20th (Walnut Tree) & 27th (Blackmore) are options for replacing with Pleshey.... suggest we could do 20th perhaps?

If the Malsters could be moved from next week that would be cool.  It is one of my fave venues.

How about the following, as I also think Elliot is around next Wednesday:

13th - Pleshey
20th - Walnut Tree
27th - Maldon
3rd - Blackmore

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #13257 on: 06 March, 2019, 01:30:34 pm »
Nice work Psyclist  :thumbsup:

I agree with you - MEMWNs should move east, west or centrally depending on our respective availability to attend  8)
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #13258 on: 06 March, 2019, 02:22:59 pm »
That's the worry.  ODs nose can find COR where I thought there was only tarmac.  A planned route lets me find alternative ways to make a fool of myself (and that is before the pub!)

I didn’t say we had to follow my nose, I’m always more that happy to follow someone else’s!  Anyhow I haven’t got time to fettle a route this afternoon, fings to do. 

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #13259 on: 06 March, 2019, 05:52:18 pm »
Don't think I'll be awheel, will have to see you at the Woolpack.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #13260 on: 06 March, 2019, 05:59:45 pm »
Myself and Jem will be cycling straight to The Woollie after dinner. I'm afraid I'm still of a delicate disposition, so a tear up before drinkies may be a bit much for me at the moment.

« Reply #13261 on: 06 March, 2019, 06:31:47 pm »
Myself and GS junior will be at spa Rd tonight

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

« Reply #13262 on: 06 March, 2019, 06:33:56 pm »
What time are people getting there I should be along for a beer just not the pre drinks cycle

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13263 on: 06 March, 2019, 06:36:38 pm »
What time are people getting there I should be along for a beer just not the pre drinks cycle

9pm is usual time for arrival
Regards,

Joergen

Jem

• ACME HR and Diversity officer
« Reply #13264 on: 07 March, 2019, 08:47:27 am »
Great to be out again albeit not for the pre drinkies ride. A night out with our mates was just what we both needed and last night's turn out was brilliant. Wonderful to catch up with everyone and hopefully, this is the beginning of the return.  ;D

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13265 on: 10 March, 2019, 07:47:52 pm »
Pleshey is a go'er spoke to the landlord and he's looking forward to our visit.

I noticed on the way home last night that Maiden Barns is closed for the day on 13th in case it features on your route.
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #13266 on: 11 March, 2019, 07:03:29 am »
Pleshey is a go'er spoke to the landlord and he's looking forward to our visit.

:thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13267 on: 11 March, 2019, 08:59:47 am »
When are you thinking of Pleshey? I’m not around tomorrow, but could make next Wednesday. Currently we have Maldon down for 13th, but I think that is when the Bard of the Island cannot attend.

Not tomorrow, that's Witham.
We should stick with Maldon Maltsters else the earth rotation might wobble... ?!?!

20th (Walnut Tree) & 27th (Blackmore) are options for replacing with Pleshey.... suggest we could do 20th perhaps?

How about the following, as I also think Elliot is around next Wednesday:

13th - Pleshey
20th - Walnut Tree
27th - Maldon
3rd - Blackmore

Calendar updated - we have a slot on 17th April for Onely Arms which I understand is now closed, so any ideas of where (Compasses??)  I went past The Viper and it's open, so perhaps... ???
Regards,

Joergen

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13268 on: 11 March, 2019, 07:30:54 pm »
Anyone got a helicoil suitable for repairing a left crank arm thread for the pedal ?? Asking for Jef O not-of-this-parish
Regards,

Joergen

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #13269 on: 12 March, 2019, 09:34:30 am »
Anyone got a helicoil suitable for repairing a left crank arm thread for the pedal ?? Asking for Jef O not-of-this-parish

Simple answer is "No". Unless it's a rare or exotic crank arm the easiest and cheapest solution is to replace the crank arm or the whole crank set. The normal supplier I use for bicycle threading tools at sensible prices don't do a kit (Webbline.co.uk).

Park tools don't make or supply the tools, but do have a document on how to perform a repair using them. They recommend replacing the crank arm in most cases!

Ice Tools do make a kit - available through E-Bay for £203.99 which includes 5 pairs of helicoils. This could be viable for a business to buy if spare inserts are available and they have enough customers to spread the overheads of the tooling.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IceToolz-Crank-Arm-Pedal-Thread-Repair-Kit-Wheel-Puller-Remover-Bike-Tool-E521/382309426197?epid=1526448751&hash=item59036ae415:g:5UkAAOSwB3BaMSmv

Oscar's dad

« Reply #13270 on: 12 March, 2019, 09:38:32 am »

Simple answer is "No". Unless it's a rare or exotic crank arm the easiest and cheapest solution is to replace the crank arm or the whole crank set. The normal supplier I use for bicycle threading tools at sensible prices don't do a kit (Webbline.co.uk).

Park tools don't make or supply the tools, but do have a document on how to perform a repair using them. They recommend replacing the crank arm in most cases!

Ice Tools do make a kit - available through E-Bay for £203.99 which includes 5 pairs of helicoils. This could be viable for a business to buy if spare inserts are available and they have enough customers to spread the overheads of the tooling.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IceToolz-Crank-Arm-Pedal-Thread-Repair-Kit-Wheel-Puller-Remover-Bike-Tool-E521/382309426197?epid=1526448751&hash=item59036ae415:g:5UkAAOSwB3BaMSmv

An excellent reply demonstrating the expertise we’ve come to expect from you. But I will have to deduct marks for spelling Ice Toolz incorrectly.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13271 on: 12 March, 2019, 09:47:45 am »

Thanks Ian, I think Jef may have found an online postal service but I've also suggest replacement might be better approach. Seems a common issue with the FSA cranks from what I can see.
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #13272 on: 12 March, 2019, 10:51:30 am »
Is Oscar's Dad back from his latest glamping experience and making an appearance tomorrow?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #13273 on: 12 March, 2019, 10:56:58 am »
Is Oscar's Dad back from his latest glamping experience and making an appearance tomorrow?

Could be!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #13274 on: 12 March, 2019, 11:12:25 am »

Could be!

If the Witham peloton would like a route for tomorrow evening then I should like to offer THIS ROUTE for earnest consideration  :-*