Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751005 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #16600 on: 23 August, 2021, 08:05:29 pm »
Well, the Queen's Head is a new venue for us, and there's a beer festival, and I don't have an early start on Thursday! Gets my vote.  :thumbsup:

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #16601 on: 23 August, 2021, 08:33:37 pm »
Well, the Queen's Head is a new venue for us, and there's a beer festival, and I don't have an early start on Thursday! Gets my vote.  :thumbsup:
I have done two test trips over the years, no complaints, but small sample size! I did try the full beer "menu" last time, and talked to staff and owner/manager.

Depends upon turnout but if the beer garden is full of other real customers we may have to get creative with bike parking (the borders looked tempting!).

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #16602 on: 23 August, 2021, 10:36:02 pm »
I feel the need to see some YACFers out in the wild. Not this Weds because I have a meeting, but I'm thinking about it.

Do you tend to drink outside these days? I shall remain very covid-cautious for the foreseeable. But being outside is within my comfort zone.

I've all but given up alcohol, so combining driving with cycling is quite OK. Quite happy to survive on 0% beers.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #16603 on: 24 August, 2021, 06:58:08 am »
I feel the need to see some YACFers out in the wild. Not this Weds because I have a meeting, but I'm thinking about it.

Do you tend to drink outside these days? I shall remain very covid-cautious for the foreseeable. But being outside is within my comfort zone.

I've all but given up alcohol, so combining driving with cycling is quite OK. Quite happy to survive on 0% beers.

Come along  :thumbsup:

Yes we are mostly outdoors still; but once the weather turns that may change.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16604 on: 24 August, 2021, 08:21:59 am »
BTW Witham peloton, I can't launch from the Spa Road roundabout until 7:30 tomorrow evening, don't mind meeting you at the pub.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16605 on: 24 August, 2021, 08:50:35 am »
I've just had a look on the map to see where the Queens Head is, I deffo haven't been there, in fact I'm not sure I've ever been into Boreham village itself.

« Reply #16606 on: 24 August, 2021, 09:35:47 am »
Hope to see you there. (Checks google maps) it’s 0.5miles from my house, and all those miles ‘count’
Zijn specialiteit was sprinten om de zesde plaats

BFC

« Reply #16607 on: 24 August, 2021, 11:21:04 am »
Hope to see you there. (Checks google maps) it’s 0.5miles from my house, and all those miles ‘count’
Hardly worth the faff of parking the bike, probably quicker to walk!

« Reply #16608 on: 24 August, 2021, 11:37:14 pm »
Right - I'm really going to try and make this one!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16609 on: 25 August, 2021, 05:34:35 am »
Right - I'm really going to try and make this one!

:thumbsup:

« Reply #16610 on: 25 August, 2021, 08:57:35 am »
Morning.

Just checking that I've followed this right. Tonight you are meeting at the Queens Head Boreham ?

Also what time do you meet, I'm planning on cycling from Harlow.

Thanks
Owen
Old Enough to know better, young enough not to care.
Facebook, the toilet wall of the modern generation

« Reply #16611 on: 25 August, 2021, 09:13:39 am »
I'm hoping (against hope and prior experience) that I might be able to get away from the desk in time to pootle along ce soir. Will there be a Spa Road peloton at 1900?
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #16612 on: 25 August, 2021, 09:18:35 am »
Morning.

Just checking that I've followed this right. Tonight you are meeting at the Queens Head Boreham ?

Also what time do you meet, I'm planning on cycling from Harlow.

Thanks
Owen

Meeting around 20:00, but often later.

The Witham Peloton normally leaves Spa Road RBT @ 19:00. Nick (quick edit following above: Not Nik's Nick - yes too many Nicks) is from way out west too, possibly meet en-route?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16613 on: 25 August, 2021, 09:36:25 am »
I'm hoping (against hope and prior experience) that I might be able to get away from the desk in time to pootle along ce soir. Will there be a Spa Road peloton at 1900?

I can't make Spa until 7.30 this evening although others may be there at 7pm.  huggy is on holibobs so he won't be there at any time, not sure about BFC and Andy C333333333333333333333333.

I was thinking of hurling myself up TMNH on my way to the QH as Witham, TMNH and Boreham are in a dead straight line.

« Reply #16614 on: 25 August, 2021, 11:57:55 am »
I'm planning on cycling from Harlow.

Nick (quick edit following above: Not Nik's Nick - yes too many Nicks) is from way out west too, possibly meet en-route?

... and I'm in Bishop's Stortford, but not out tonight, as have child collection duties. Possible en-route meets in future though.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

BFC

« Reply #16615 on: 25 August, 2021, 01:43:26 pm »

I can't make Spa until 7.30 this evening although others may be there at 7pm.  huggy is on holibobs so he won't be there at any time, not sure about BFC and Andy C333333333333333333333333.

I was thinking of hurling myself up TMNH on my way to the QH as Witham, TMNH and Boreham are in a dead straight line.
I am happy with 7:30 meet and a crawl up the local bump - see how much the new chain stretches.

General point for discussion - do we want to go back to traditional meet at pub around 9:00 (with spa gathering at 7:30)?

« Reply #16616 on: 25 August, 2021, 01:52:28 pm »
A 1930 meet increases the chances that I'll be able to make it slightly as well.
I'll leave to your internal mologues whether you think that is a good thing or not.
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16617 on: 25 August, 2021, 02:25:35 pm »
... General point for discussion - do we want to go back to traditional meet at pub around 9:00 (with spa gathering at 7:30)?

I'm happy to go back to the 7:30 / 9:00 format if others are.

A 1930 meet increases the chances that I'll be able to make it slightly as well.
I'll leave to your internal mologues whether you think that is a good thing or not.

:thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #16618 on: 25 August, 2021, 02:41:21 pm »
The reason we switched to 7pm launch and 8pm arrival was due to the reduced daytime ambient light at the start of unlocking 1 and the need to enjoy alfresco rehydration, with intention of leaving for home earlier, not that it ever seemed to work that way.
A return to 7:30 depart for 9pm arrival (more miles) is fine by me. Would need to ensure indoor rehydration for the anticipated group size is okay.  That may mean a reduced field of location opportunities in the near term.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16619 on: 25 August, 2021, 02:47:18 pm »
The reason we switched to 7pm launch and 8pm arrival was due to the reduced daytime ambient light at the start of unlocking 1 and the need to enjoy alfresco rehydration, with intention of leaving for home earlier, not that it ever seemed to work that way.
A return to 7:30 depart for 9pm arrival (more miles) is fine by me. Would need to ensure indoor rehydration for the anticipated group size is okay.  That may mean a reduced field of location opportunities in the near term.

That’s okay, if we ever get stuck we’ll just adjourn to your new conservatory and drink your beer!

« Reply #16620 on: 25 August, 2021, 03:55:09 pm »
I'm planning on cycling from Harlow.

Nick (quick edit following above: Not Nik's Nick - yes too many Nicks) is from way out west too, possibly meet en-route?

... and I'm in Bishop's Stortford, but not out tonight, as have child collection duties. Possible en-route meets in future though.

Stortfords only just up the road from me, I'm in Harlow.. I normally can't do Wednesday's but if any free ones come up I'll let you know.

I'll see any one who's going around 9pm then at the QH in Boreham.

Thanks
Owen
Old Enough to know better, young enough not to care.
Facebook, the toilet wall of the modern generation

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16621 on: 25 August, 2021, 03:56:56 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you Owen.  I'll bring some pickled eggs!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #16622 on: 25 August, 2021, 04:43:43 pm »
More miles tonight ... and pickled eggs.  :thumbsup: I think this is normality returning!

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #16623 on: 25 August, 2021, 05:11:57 pm »
I may test the team car out... it's been over a week since I ventured out other than to the krankenhaus
Regards,

Joergen

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #16624 on: 25 August, 2021, 05:28:09 pm »
7:30 is best for me.