Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 06:52:45 pm »
Sheep - The Housemartins
OT Knowledge / Re: Home energy saving tips /ideas...
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 06:51:44 pm »
Yes, there are air vents.
No, I'm not lifting the floor, or GAMI to lift it, it's too much disruption.
Having been rummaging around in the damp there's no danger I'm putting Kingspan anywhere near it.
Not sure a membrane on it's own to stop draughts will help much as the place is mostly carpeted.
I didn't realise you needed a membrane on top as well as underneath the insulation. I'm rapidly going off the idea. Sigh.
Rides and Touring / Re: ACME Miscellany
« Last post by josser on Today at 06:50:51 pm »
Interesting discovery. I noticed that Tomsk's AUK number is higher than mine, and thought that odd as I was sure he must have been riding before I got involved. Trawling through the Audax archives, it looks as though Tomsk first rode a 300km in 2001, starting in Wrabness. Felstedrider was also a finisher on that day. Tomsk's first 600km was in 2002, from Steeple, with Ed Knight and Dick Nuttall in the finishers list.

My first Audax was the Shaftesbury Spring 200 in 2013, in which Tomsk and the Strangler also rode. My second ride was the 400km Severn Across, 2 months later. Nothing like a gentle introduction to Audax! Phil Whitehurst and Richard Ellis were also riding that one.

Back to my discovery ... AUK numbers do not seem to be sequential in order of date joined.

I was talking Mick Gray about this on Saturday as he was doing Audax almost before I was born. He said that AUK used to give out new numbers every year, but I'm not sure when that stopped.
The Sporting Life / Re: Rugby League
« Last post by fd3 on Today at 06:49:14 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/59496050
May, who pleaded guilty to recording intimate images without consent in 2020
Are you such a disgraceful liability that the NRL won’t let you play?  Come play for my club.
May's arrival follows the controversial signing of Israel Folau in 2020, after the former Queensland and Australia international had been released by Australian rugby union for homophobic social media posts.
Yeah, we have a track record of this sort of shit.
« Last post by spesh on Today at 06:43:39 pm »
Black Elk Speaks - Hawkwind
Rides and Touring / Re: ACME Miscellany
« Last post by psyclist on Today at 06:34:06 pm »
Interesting discovery. I noticed that Tomsk's AUK number is higher than mine, and thought that odd as I was sure he must have been riding before I got involved. Trawling through the Audax archives, it looks as though Tomsk first rode a 300km in 2001, starting in Wrabness. Felstedrider was also a finisher on that day. Tomsk's first 600km was in 2002, from Steeple, with Ed Knight and Dick Nuttall in the finishers list.

My first Audax was the Shaftesbury Spring 200 in 2013, in which Tomsk and the Strangler also rode. My second ride was the 400km Severn Across, 2 months later. Nothing like a gentle introduction to Audax! Phil Whitehurst and Richard Ellis were also riding that one.

Back to my discovery ... AUK numbers do not seem to be sequential in order of date joined.

« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 06:29:40 pm »
Moose Mark And The Prince Of The Cones ~ Robyn Hitchcock
The Pub / Re: The price of timber - what is it in other countries?
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 06:16:50 pm »
And the BEARS would knock them over.
Caption It / Re: Caption it #1915
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 06:08:05 pm »
Andrew Rupert Algy Biggles Donkeybollocks Windsor?  You're fuckin' nicked, me beauty!
Audax / Re: Pit Ponies 100 - a day out on the railtrails
« Last post by Peter on Today at 05:55:25 pm »
Yes, those VC 167s can go for you! Is that what Trev and I always called Thorpe Thewles viaduct when we were kids?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10