Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
The Pub / Re: Amazon - it’s complicated
« Last post by lissotriton on Yesterday at 07:38:41 pm »
I think its worth having several debit/credit cards, from different banks. It can be rather inconvenient if they block your account, and stop all of your cards from working. Then it could take several days/weeks to get it sorted out.
So might as well make sure you have a variety of Visa and Mastercard, to give you a choice of what to use where.

Or you could go to your local shop, and buy Amazon gift vouchers with cash.
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by ian on Yesterday at 07:33:55 pm »
Yes, we had Chupa-Chups, they'd set you back 3p of your 10p mix, so you had to think is that brief farty noise they make when you blow through them worth the investment? Rarely was that the case. Not when 2p more would get you an entire Caramac.
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Who to upgrade 2010 Macbook Pro?
« Last post by LittleWheelsandBig on Yesterday at 07:29:09 pm »
We tend to be light on our computers.

2010 is a fair way into the 21st Century already.
« Last post by ElyDave on Yesterday at 07:24:45 pm »
That there are things called Chupa-Chups Melody Pops, a cross between a boiled sweet and a kazoo.

Those were a thing when I was a young
Audax / Re: ACME Anvil Winter Series
« Last post by ElyDave on Yesterday at 07:22:21 pm »
As always, winter series is great to give you a reason to get out in the depths of ICBA months, but that was hard work for the first half out there today.  My average at Thremall was 25.3, by the time I was back at Witham it was 26.8, so average on the way back was over 28kmh.

I may fall asleep on the sofa before I get much guitar practice in tonight
« Last post by Jurek on Yesterday at 07:16:20 pm »
I'd go with the advice of ian & grams and buy new and welcome to the 21st century.
The difference is bogglesworthy.
ETA - If you are still using a mac which you bought more than 10 years ago, you've had more than your moneysworth.
If you want to save money, go for an Apple legit refurb.
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by ElyDave on Yesterday at 07:15:46 pm »
Skoggy Essex audax - Mudguards, yes, raceblade XLs in the back of the car ready to attach at the other end.

But I'd picked up the raceblade XLs for the 26" wheeled bike, not the 700c wheeled bike.  A lot of deep cleaning to do tomorrow

Even with over-wide Raceblades my bike needed a good hour with brush, sponges and hot soapy water.  Not Audax either, just a couple of 28k tootles.

Not a case of mudguards overwhelmed, 26" versions do not work on 700c, so a case of no mudguards.

Even the front of my forks an headtube are covered.
« Last post by rafletcher on Yesterday at 07:15:02 pm »
That there are things called Chupa-Chups Melody Pops, a cross between a boiled sweet and a kazoo.
« Last post by grams on Yesterday at 07:07:41 pm »
I think it still picks up critical El Capitan security updates

The last one of those was in 2018. Perhaps it's between updates.
The Pub / Re: Amazon - it’s complicated
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Yesterday at 06:55:28 pm »
I get not wanting to use Amazon, that makes sense for many reasons, and most of the reasons are ones that might make it difficult (perhaps more psychologically than in a real material way; you don't need what they have, you just want it). But I don't get "because of bullying". Bullying is a good reason to avoid someone or something, but in this case, aren't both Amazon and Visa bullies? (In which case, the answer is not to use either; but avoiding Visa and/or Mastercard is much harder than not using Amazon.)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10