Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 869485 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #4950 on: 10 October, 2021, 11:18:16 am »
93% of Newcastle United supporters, apparently.

From the Graun's article on St James's Park becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonesaws-Я-Us:

Downing Street and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport have maintained a deliberately hands-off approach.

One mustn’t bite the hand that feeds one buys one’s guns, and as to the notion of our freshly-promoted Super-Twat Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport actually, y'know, doing something?  A prospect that makes the mind boggle on both pistons!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #4951 on: 12 October, 2021, 01:17:04 pm »
I'm hoping they've stopped discussing it by the time I get back in the office on Tuesday. It's a slim hope, but I'm clinging to it.

They haven't. It's international scale fantasy football for 'our team'. We've got hundreds of hours on who 'we' can buy ahead.

"But they are Devils. A bunch of religious fundamentalist gun selling women hating slave owning bastards"
"Richest Team In The World, Clayton."
"Galaxy. Richest team in the Galaxy."

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4952 on: 12 October, 2021, 03:25:23 pm »
It’s seems to me that the one thing the Americans have got right with their ‘football’ is the draft system which stops the oligarch with the deepest pockets dominating from one season to the next.

I’m waiting for one of them to buy Arrington Stanley and promot them to the top of the Premier League.  ;D
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4953 on: 12 October, 2021, 05:15:09 pm »
It’s seems to me that the one thing the Americans have got right with their ‘football’ is the draft system which stops the oligarch with the deepest pockets dominating from one season to the next.

I’m waiting for one of them to buy Arrington Stanley and promot them to the top of the Premier League.  ;D

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!

Just look at the English teams that were involved in the attempted ESL breakaway francise league.  3, or even perhaps 4 of them are essentially yankee owned and the other two are oil-i-garchs.  The draft works in yankeeland because there is nothing lost in being "last".  The entire rest of the world (nearly) plays sport on a basis of some meritocracy.  Obviously deep pockets can buy success but with franchises there are in effect no losers so very few incentives.  This leads in the capitalist shitstorm that we find ourselves living in to ever greater commercial exploitation.

Money buys success but monopolies merely lead to exploitation of a much wider consumer base.

« Reply #4954 on: 12 October, 2021, 06:01:11 pm »
I'm hoping they've stopped discussing it by the time I get back in the office on Tuesday. It's a slim hope, but I'm clinging to it.

They haven't. It's international scale fantasy football for 'our team'. We've got hundreds of hours on who 'we' can buy ahead.

"But they are Devils. A bunch of religious fundamentalist gun selling women hating slave owning bastards"
"Richest Team In The World, Clayton."
"Galaxy. Richest team in the Galaxy."

"Death In Yemen" a St James Production.

I've finally drawn a line under 60 years of support.  Thinking of getting a t-shirt printed with "One of the 7%".  Oh, and guess where the Saudis get those guns...... and planes, etc.

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #4955 on: 12 October, 2021, 07:46:58 pm »
Shirt with Khashoggi written on the back?
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

« Reply #4956 on: 12 October, 2021, 07:58:50 pm »
I suppose if money can buy access to the government and their policies; better healthcare; better education; avoiding prosecution for law breaking.  And ways to avoid paying tax ..... corrupting football is minor league.
Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.

« Reply #4957 on: 12 October, 2021, 09:27:00 pm »
Money has always been the government.

« Reply #4958 on: 13 October, 2021, 08:50:04 am »
I just read the full text of Lord Frost's speech.

I feel tainted.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4959 on: 13 October, 2021, 08:52:18 am »
Is it arrogance or idiocy that leads this lot to utter such contemptible twaddle do you think.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4960 on: 13 October, 2021, 08:58:47 am »
Arrogance.  Pure arrogance.

They used the "deal" to get elected on a populist ticket.  Now they need to convince the very same gullible fools that all of the problems are deliberate malicious intent by the EU so as to ensure that they don't believe that the deal was either incompetence or convenience on the part of Frost&co..  As we know, if you say the message often enough then the radicalisation embeds itself quite thoroughly.  Just look at autocracies of the past 100 years or so ...

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #4961 on: 13 October, 2021, 12:35:27 pm »
Quote from: Frosty The Wasteman
Most obviously, we no longer have an interest in coalition-building across the EU to shape EU rules.

While this may be technically true, it's only because you and your ilk expect the EU to accede to BRITAIN'S every whim.  And I'm sure I remember Midair Bacon describing the NI Protocol as a “cracking deal” and as one of the alleged bright sparks of the Conservative Party he couldn’t possibly have been in error.

Get in the sea by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

« Reply #4962 on: 26 October, 2021, 01:34:39 pm »
De Kock. 

I wasn't sure whether he deserved to be in the nominative determinism thread or in here but on balance I feel that he appears to be a denier of racism.

" no-one's forced to do anything, not in life.  That's the way I see things."

I wonder what his views might be on whether apartheid was a thing, or not?

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #4963 on: 26 October, 2021, 03:21:33 pm »
Owen Paterson MP.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4964 on: 26 October, 2021, 05:07:16 pm »
Owen Paterson MP.
A 30 day suspension form the commons sounds like a massive deterrent to spending too much of your time working two other jobs in addition to your role as an MP! ::-)

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #4965 on: 26 October, 2021, 06:25:54 pm »
Quote from: Sarah Vine
I used to think politics was a big adventure. Now there are days I stand in the shower, numb and fearful.

That’s probably because you’re a Super-Twat, Ms Vine.  Although we knew that anyway.  I mean, you actually married Slithy Gove.

Also, try turning up the temperature control.

« Reply #4966 on: 26 October, 2021, 07:26:58 pm »
Ah, she has the decency to declare herself a super twat.   Politics isn't supposed to be an adventure you twat, it's fucking serious: especially for the victims of political ideology.

A fascist is a fascist is a fascist whether they be a tory politician or a nazi worshipping entitled journo.  It's a bit strong to call her a journalist though ...

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #4967 on: 26 October, 2021, 08:24:05 pm »
Owen Paterson MP.

One ally of Paterson’s said he had been “stitched up”. They told the Guardian: “He’s already lost everything. His reputation and seat are the only things he has left, so he’s going to fight this.”
Still got a big fat pile of stinking money though.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #4968 on: 27 October, 2021, 03:27:28 am »
The wanked-up badger-botherer's reputation went irretrievably round the U-bend many years ago, so in fact all he has left with which to console himself is his seat and his pile of ill-gotten lucre.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #4969 on: 29 October, 2021, 12:31:01 pm »
“We want to attract the brightest and the best to [icon of BRITISH fleg]” announces cheeze fangrrl and trainee draught excluder Liz Truss, currently masquerading as a The FOREIGN Secretary.  To illustrate her so-called point she uses a photograph of a suspension bridge.  Specifically, the Golden Gate bridge.  In San Francisco.  California.  USAnia :facepalm:

Liz Truss: Super-Twat.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4970 on: 29 October, 2021, 02:19:22 pm »
“We want to attract the brightest and the best to [icon of BRITISH fleg]” announces cheeze fangrrl and trainee draught excluder Liz Truss, currently masquerading as a The FOREIGN Secretary.  To illustrate her so-called point she uses a photograph of a suspension bridge.  Specifically, the Golden Gate bridge.  In San Francisco.  California.  USAnia :facepalm:

Liz Truss: Super-Twat.
If only the country of the sunny uplands ™ had some iconic and world recognisable bridges of its own….

Perhaps there is an opportunity for a friend of a government member to create a new civil engineering company to be given win a contract to build one.

« Reply #4971 on: 29 October, 2021, 02:51:57 pm »
Get one on the HS2 route....somewhere. If only the UK had some iconic bridges of its own, designed by giants of engineering like Brunel.

« Reply #4972 on: 29 October, 2021, 03:01:08 pm »
Get one on the HS2 route....somewhere. If only the UK had some iconic bridges of its own, designed by giants of engineering like Brunel.
“global talent”, a visa system encouraging applications from bridge designers from as far away as Bristol.

« Reply #4973 on: 29 October, 2021, 03:47:07 pm »
De Kock. 

I wasn't sure whether he deserved to be in the nominative determinism thread or in here but on balance I feel that he appears to be a denier of racism.

" no-one's forced to do anything, not in life.  That's the way I see things."

I wonder what his views might be on whether apartheid was a thing, or not?
I haz not really followed this, but he has since said he will take the knee.  I could agree with the position of not taking a political stand because your employer wants you to and trepidation to be rushed into doing so with no time to consider it.
John Snow (of C4) famously refuses to endorse anything when newsreading, hence his refusal to wear a poppy.  I can see that there is a good argument along those lines and as a national representative/sportsman you either have to give extended consideration to what you support or you end up having to support everything and anything.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #4974 on: 29 October, 2021, 04:37:11 pm »
trainee draught excluder Liz Truss

That made me laugh, a lot. Thank you :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.