Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 889322 times)

Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #5076 on: 01 December, 2021, 01:14:56 pm »
You can accuse any of the front bench with the sleaze story of your choice, and regardless of any accompanying evidence, it will fave the impact of a loud and odour free fart in a well ventilated escalator.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #5077 on: 01 December, 2021, 06:19:22 pm »
I haven’t been able to find a definitive list of Tory MPs who voted against the fresh anti-plague measures yesterday – who are likely Super-Twats one and all – but our old mucker Christopher “Upskirt” Chode was definitely one.  Of them.

If useless mouth-for-hire Desmond Swyne, sorry, Swayne wasn’t another I'll be scouring the Internets for hat recipes , given that the Super-Twat popped up on fellow S-T Julia Tory Sewer's radio show the other day to rail against the monstrous unfairness of it all.  “I've decided I'm exempt from wearing a mask due to my genetic predisposition to liberty. This is utter hysteria. Every time I ask for the evidence I'm told it's about sending a message. Well I don't like the message!” proclaimed the daft old bastard who wants badly to be put out of everyone else’s misery for the superiority of his twattitude.
This might help: https://votes.parliament.uk/Votes/Commons/Division/1155#noes

:thumbsup:  As I suspected, there’s quite a large correlation between the naysayers and Super-Twat nominees.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

orraloon

• I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard
« Reply #5078 on: 01 December, 2021, 07:25:05 pm »
Why were Nurn Ironed MPs voting on (against) measures for Ingerlaand?

« Reply #5079 on: 01 December, 2021, 07:26:28 pm »
Why were Nurn Ironed MPs voting on (against) measures for Ingerlaand?
Because they can?
There's no provision for restricting votes on purely English matters to English MPs.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #5080 on: 01 December, 2021, 08:05:44 pm »
You can accuse any of the front bench with the sleaze story of your choice, and regardless of any accompanying evidence, it will fave the impact of a loud and odour free fart in a well ventilated escalator.
Effectively we are surrounded by their shit but it's not offensive enough to upset enough people.
Rust never sleeps

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #5081 on: 03 December, 2021, 08:39:29 am »
Desmond Swyne - again:

A Conservative MP has spoken up for the right of voters to elect racists or misogynists if that is who they want to represent them.

Sir Desmond Swayne said he hoped his constituents would never make such a choice, but it would be anti-democratic to police MPs' views.

It comes after the standards committee suggested MPs should "demonstrate anti-discriminatory attitudes".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59508496The committee is drawing up proposals for a new code of conduct for MPs.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #5082 on: 03 December, 2021, 08:59:33 am »
That's an interesting dilemma.

Allow bigots to be elected, let them have a voice and defeat them with logic and reason and expose them in full public view as to exactly what sort of twats they are.

Or, bar them from public life and they then possibly skulk around in the shadows claiming victimisation and attracting to their cause all the numpties and the gullible.

Tough call.

Some would claim that FPTP prevented the Brexit Party getting a voice in the House, and look where that got us.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #5083 on: 03 December, 2021, 09:54:02 am »
Allow bigots to be elected, let them have a voice and defeat them with logic and reason and expose them in full public view as to exactly what sort of twats they are.

Has that ever worked?

The BBC put Nigel Super Twat on TV every week until he won.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #5084 on: 03 December, 2021, 10:03:48 am »
The Reform Party, the current Faragist vehicle, came third in yesterday's by-election.  We should applaud this, as they are splitting the right-wing vote and doing to the Tories what the LibDems and Greens do to Labour.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #5085 on: 03 December, 2021, 10:10:21 am »
Interesting. It is against the law to discriminate based on religion. Suppose someone stood on a platform that all religion is bad with a promise to campaign to make religion illegal. If they were then elected they would need to still comply with the current law and not discriminate but could campaign for change. However under these new proposals they would actively need to promote the current racism laws which contradict the platform they were elected on.

« Reply #5086 on: 03 December, 2021, 01:15:56 pm »
The Reform Party, the current Faragist vehicle, came third in yesterday's by-election.  We should applaud this, as they are splitting the right-wing vote and doing to the Tories what the LibDems and Greens do to Labour.

In my opinion the slimy faragist turd will inevitably stand down candidates to help keep a tory majority.  He has absolutely no scruples and is just willy waving in a way that has no real impact on the fascists.

« Reply #5087 on: 03 December, 2021, 05:14:59 pm »
Desmond Swyne - again:

A Conservative MP has spoken up for the right of voters to elect racists or misogynists if that is who they want to represent them.

Sir Desmond Swayne said he hoped his constituents would never continue to make such a choice, butand it would be anti-democratic to police MPs' views.

FTFH

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5088 on: 04 December, 2021, 12:05:40 pm »
Echoing – literally – Super-Twat Desmond Swyne, would-be comic writer and all-round crashing snob Quentin Letts* earns himself another bar to his Distinguished Order of the Super-Twat Long Service medal.  “Waaah!” exclaims the self-entitled prick.  “I think we should respect [face covering refuseniks], and I think we should allow them to make their choice for themselves. I have a problem with masks, because to me […] I’m not convinced by the science!”.  Letts has a degree.  In Medieval and Renaissance Literature.  Which puts him, at least in his own mind, up there with Edward Jenner and Louis Pasteur.

And there's more.  “I think it’s got much more to do with sending a message, and I don’t like the message.” whines the odious bumbaclot who thinks laws should only be obeyed by the Little People (cf. Leona Helmsley, Rita Ora, Bloody Stupid Johnson, Julia Tory Sewer, ect ad bleeding infinitum).  No, Quent, you see, viruses are a bit dim and don’t care whether you have a column in a national scandal rag, millions in the bank, an ego the size of the Great Orme, or multiple receipts of the greatly-coveted Super-Twat status.  Get in the shark tank.

* actually, let's not

rogerzilla

« Reply #5089 on: 04 December, 2021, 01:01:29 pm »

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #5090 on: 04 December, 2021, 01:07:18 pm »
I didn't know British trains could manage 123 mph.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #5091 on: 04 December, 2021, 01:11:35 pm »
At least one of them can...

Ackcherlee, the Class 43s regularly did 125mph in service and were good for 140+ mph, but I bet you knew that.  Not up to speed (ha ha) with what the new electric locos are capable of.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

rogerzilla

« Reply #5092 on: 04 December, 2021, 01:24:23 pm »
Mallard did 126mph, but they broke it in the process.  Not seriously, but the centre big end bearing "ran" and they had to whistle up an old Ivatt Atlantic to get the train home.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #5093 on: 04 December, 2021, 02:00:43 pm »
Whoever forgot to take all their kit with them after finishing the job: https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19760425.gwr-train-going-123mph-crashed-trolley-left-track-engineers/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor
Thanks to the disruption caused by this I was delayed by ninety minutes on my way home from nuncio's, so I got a 100% refund. Which went nicely with the 50% refund on the outward journey (rail replacement bus failed to turn up).
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #5094 on: 04 December, 2021, 04:22:04 pm »
Ackcherlee, the Class 43s regularly did 125mph in service and were good for 140+ mph, but I bet you knew that.  Not up to speed (ha ha) with what the new electric locos are capable of.

Current British Rolling Stock capable of (at least) 125mph:

• Hitachi bi-mode classes 800, 801, 802 & 803 and (when they build them) 805, 807 & 810 (Aka. IET/IEP/SET, depending on who ordered/paid for it) - actually capable of 140mph on electric and 125mph on diesel (Classes 800, 802, 807 & 810 only) - (Operators: current - GWR, LNER, LUMO, Transpennine Express, Hull Trains; future - Avanti West Coast, East Midlands Railway)
  • LNER Class 91 and Mk 4 Coaches - Were specified for 140mph (225 km/h, hence InterCity 225) but only ever ran at 125mph in regular service - Still a couple of sets running London - Leeds in the current timetable
  • Alstom class 390 (Avanti West Coast tilting trains, also capable of 140mph)
  • CAF Class 397 (Transpennine Express - used on Liverpool/Manchester - Glasgow/Edinburgh), but limited to 110mph until the upgrade of the line north of Crewe
  • Bombardier class 220, 221 ("Voyager" (aka "Vomiter")) & 222 ("Meridian") 125mph InterCity diesel trains - 220 and some 221 with Cross Country, some 221 with Avanti WC (until class 807 (see above) arrive), class 222 with East Midlands Railway (until class 810 arrive)
  • GWR, Cross Country and Scotrail's HSTs, shortened versions of the InterCity 125 trains built by BR, still capable of 125mph
  • South Eastern High Speed class 395 (Hitachi) - Domestic services to east Kent on High Speed 1 (HS1), only current domestic rail service to run at 140mph
  • Eurostar class 373 (Alstom, 300km/h) and 374 (Siemens, 320km/h) on international services to Europe via HS1
The HSTs have been criss-crossing the country at speeds of up to 125mph since 1975 in full service, the prototype a little longer than that!

If I remember any others, I shall update this list!
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

rogerzilla

« Reply #5095 on: 04 December, 2021, 04:30:12 pm »
The HSTs were all fitted with speed limiters at some point, and were theoretically limited to 125mph after that.  I've seen 128mph at Shrivenham.

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #5096 on: 04 December, 2021, 04:33:01 pm »
The HSTs were all fitted with speed limiters at some point, and were theoretically limited to 125mph after that.  I've seen 128mph at Shrivenham.

I used to regularly time them at 130mph southbound through Huntingdon, but that was back in the 80s, well before On Train Data Recorders...

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #5097 on: 04 December, 2021, 05:44:44 pm »
Bloke I was at primary school was involved with the safety case for HS1. Some days before the press day where they went $EXTREMELYFAST, there was a practice run. He signed off all the documents and was told "you signed this off, you better be in the cab" OWTTE. Apparently he has a photo of him with speedo showing Mach 1 ( or the railway equivalent).
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5098 on: 04 December, 2021, 08:42:21 pm »

I used to regularly time them at 130mph southbound through Huntingdon, but that was back in the 80s, well before On Train Data Recorders...

The father of one former BHPC stalwart used to drive them on the route out of Penzance and claimed they regularly hit 140 mph if they were sure there wasn’t a representative of The Mgt on board.

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #5099 on: 04 December, 2021, 08:54:49 pm »

The father of one former BHPC stalwart used to drive them on the route out of Penzance and claimed they regularly hit 140 mph if they were sure there wasn’t a representative of The Mgt on board.

It wasn't until BR started to roll out the diesel and electric Modernisation Plan that locomotives were universally fitted with a speedometer.
Other than *some* top link locomotives on the more prestigious routes there were no speedometers fitted to steam locomotives. Drivers were just expected to know how fast they were going and whether or not that was in excess of the local speed limit or the limit for that class of loco!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk