Author Topic: Help for GPX Planner now GPX Editor has lost OS maps  (Read 1480 times)

Help for GPX Planner now GPX Editor has lost OS maps
« on: 07 September, 2021, 04:12:51 pm »
GPX Editor has taken a major fall in function with the withdrawl of OS mapping. It looks like BikeHike has in effect gone for the same reason.

I'm looking at GPX Planner as recommended on GPX Editor but can't find any Help on the user interface and for me it appears to get in a muddle about what mode it is in so I can draw a route or track but not save it.

Anyone else here got to grips with it or have access to any help resources?

Martyn

Re: Help for GPX Planner now GPX Editor has lost OS maps
« Reply #1 on: 08 September, 2021, 09:25:59 am »
A response from admin@gpxplanner.app suggested the on and off operation yesterday could be due to connectivity problems or deployments during active development.

Whatever the reasons for the problems yesterday, it is working properly for me this morning with consistent mode selection and the subscrition warning appearing whenever I try to save. The three bars icon now brings out the menu and it is now furling away to the left during route editing which it was not doing last night when the three bars icon would sometime work as a toggle and sometimes not work.

I've yet to find any way to modify routing to use as the crow flies or to include paths and tracks but the interface is pleasantly simple to use with the same easy ability to isolate a section for re-routing that is a good feature of GPX editor.

The maps on offer include OS 1:25,000 and IGN for France. I've not had access to these before except on Viewranger on my phones so I see GPX Planner as a very promissing new player.

Richard Fairhurst

• on the trail of the little blue stickers
Re: Help for GPX Planner now GPX Editor has lost OS maps
« Reply #2 on: 13 September, 2021, 08:08:56 pm »
GPX Editor has taken a major fall in function with the withdrawl of OS mapping. It looks like BikeHike has in effect gone for the same reason.

OS have withdrawn their old "OpenSpace" free mapping product. There's a replacement but websites need to be recoded to take advantage of it.
cycle.travel - maps and route-planner