Author Topic: Dry feet  (Read 2638 times)

Re: Dry feet
« Reply #25 on: 15 September, 2021, 07:16:52 pm »
No, but you can delay and minimise.
First, reduce the water hitting your legs to run down onto your feet, but as you won't contemplate that there's no point going any further.

Mudguards do some. But they are not going to be enough given the amount of rain I was in. Also as I was gravelling about on the days prior. Mudguards are a problem.

J
I doubt anything will ever be enough for every circumstance, that why the first word of my reply was "No"
But because you can't fit the perfect full coverage guards, you don't have to reject them all, even those crudcatcher things that zip tie to a downtube help, as I found after I removed one from a folder, it went straight back on.
I don't do your sort of riding, but I'm no stranger to being outside all day, whatever the weather, that's been most of my working life.  How often does it rain all day?  I don't have the stats, it isn't that often, it could be you gear up for a set of circumstances that might not reoccur for years.
Last few years I've done some delivering, Just Eat/Deliveroo, poor weather if the most profitable time and locally  I'm usually the last cyclist out. My wet weather gear for this has me looking like a Showers Pass advert, their wool lined waterproof socks and Skyline trousers, which have a combination of waterproof hardshell and softshell water resistant panels, keep most of the wet off. The downside is it's quite bulky kit, needs to be fairly cold to be comfortable and even then isn't entirely impenetrable.
https://showerspass.co.uk/collections/mens-socks/products/crosspoint-waterproof-wool-crew-socks
https://showerspass.co.uk/collections/mens-pants/products/skyline-pant

Those Eager Sports Spats recommended by tatanab would be well worth trying, I've had the overshoe version and they were fine, though I only commuted in them.

Re: Dry feet
« Reply #26 on: 17 September, 2021, 09:55:08 am »
Spatzwear are a comparatively new company from Yorkshire. Their overshoes/spats product gets good reviews