Author Topic: COVID PCR test for USAnian returning to the US  (Read 977 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
COVID PCR test for USAnian returning to the US
« on: 27 September, 2021, 05:05:26 pm »
Checking if anyone has a suggestion for a PCR testing process for a family of USAninans who will need a negative test before flying back, towards the end of October.

I have discovered that there are a mere 1,100 suppliers of tests on the Government website so if anyone has good experience or inside knowledge, that would be most appreciated!

Gloucestershire area, but of course can be one with a national service.
It is simpler than it looks.

Re: COVID PCR test for USAnian returning to the US
« Reply #1 on: 28 September, 2021, 08:58:10 am »
Are you sure it has to be a pcr test and an antigen test is not sufficient?. Certified antigen tests are available at airports either in departures or drive thru in car park. I just went to Italy and had one for £32 in Luton airport mid term car park. I actually went the day before my flight but with hindsight should have done it on the day  as I would have then avoided a return test in Italy as it was my trip was only 3 days. It took about 15 minutes to get the results.

« Reply #2 on: 28 September, 2021, 09:01:46 am »
Looking at the booking my test would have been acceptable for USA,Italy,Germany and Croatia.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 28 September, 2021, 09:12:46 am »
Thanks, I’ll check that out for them.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #4 on: 28 September, 2021, 09:15:44 am »
If it is collinsons then discount code “Easy20off” gives a 20% discount (reducing it from £40 to the £32 I quoted)