Author Topic: Overnight food in France  (Read 2908 times)

Re: Overnight food in France
« Reply #25 on: 29 June, 2022, 11:33:15 am »
Useful snippet: the Law here dictates that any source of piped water available to the public may be considered potable unless otherwise indicated
I remember that being introduced something like the late 1970s or early 80s.  And yes, I have filled bottles at lavoirs with no issues - last time was down in the Causse Noire.  I also remember a 1985 tour in the Massif Centrale and being very grateful for the village fountains in which to douse my baking head.

« Reply #26 on: 29 June, 2022, 09:29:54 pm »
Not sure how common they are but saw a baguette vending machine outside a supermarket last time I was in France 3 years ago.

« Reply #27 on: 29 June, 2022, 09:46:29 pm »
Nice route.
I'm very familiar with the Southern portion. We have a home in La Roche Bernard and have done lots of riding thereabout.
Its a shame you are just missing our little town when you head south over the Arzal dam!
It makes me quite plaintive seeing that. We are supposed to be there now but unfortunately family illness has put the kibosh on the trip.
Say hello to Morbihan from me.
often lost.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #28 on: 30 July, 2022, 11:27:11 pm »
Seen a few of these on the roads from Calais to Paris

Never tried one.

« Reply #29 on: 01 August, 2022, 01:31:38 pm »
Seen a few of these on the roads from Calais to Paris

Never tried one.

I believe that Ivo OTP has a certain experience and a positive appreciation of these kiosks.
re Baguette automats. We have one outside a boulangerie for out of hours sales and I have seen another in a village in the Charente serving as a depot de pain because there wasn't a bakery or depot in the village. It was located in the public/school car park.

« Reply #30 on: 01 August, 2022, 02:11:53 pm »
I’ve only used one once but the pizza was genuinely good. Not some weird microwave monstrosity I’d imagined in the past. Make sure you select the “hot” option or you’ll have a cold pizza to deal with.

Baguette machines (“distributeur pain”) are good but very unevenly distributed. The last one I tried had the comestibles on a paternoster lift arrangement inside.