Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1604427 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #13850 on: 03 October, 2021, 07:21:43 pm »
Thanks both. Beast say "we cannot deliver to your address" but Tiger looks good and impressed that they include bearers in the price. They don't have the 7x5' we were looking for but I'm sure we can squeeze in an 8x6'. Only issue is we'd need to erect it ourselves...lol

Tiger do have *extreme* variations in reviews on Google though.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #13851 on: 03 October, 2021, 08:09:44 pm »

Thanks brexshit.
This one isn't Brexit, it started with Trump.
Trump put tariffs on Canadian timber, making European timber financially attractive to the US. Add in international shortages due to forest fires, Chinese demand, and a post-lockdown construction boom and we get a doubling of softwood price and massive shortages.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #13852 on: 03 October, 2021, 08:12:21 pm »
Well, brexshit and Trump are 2 sides of the same coin, but thanks for the explanation :)

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #13853 on: 03 October, 2021, 08:45:13 pm »
Thanks both. Beast say "we cannot deliver to your address" but Tiger looks good and impressed that they include bearers in the price. They don't have the 7x5' we were looking for but I'm sure we can squeeze in an 8x6'. Only issue is we'd need to erect it ourselves...lol

Did you see the Zombie Fortification Cabin on Tiger. Only £69995.  :o
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #13854 on: 03 October, 2021, 08:48:57 pm »

This product is temporarily unavailable to new orders.

So if the Zompockyclipse kicks off in the next few weeks we’re all doomed.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #13855 on: 03 October, 2021, 09:28:16 pm »

This product is temporarily unavailable to new orders.

So if the Zompockyclipse kicks off in the next few weeks we’re all doomed.
we are prioritising building and fulfilling for existing orders.
Only those that haven’t yet ordered one.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #13856 on: 04 October, 2021, 07:45:08 am »

My wife bought a Tiger for her allotment in late 2018 - very helpful delivery man carried the panels to the pre-prepared site in the middle of the allotments. 

I assembled it (making a sub-frame for the base as previously mentioned) - pretty simple, about an hour is all it took (with my wife holding up the panels as I did the fixings) . .  I used screws rather than the supplied nails as  a) it would be stronger, and b) if we wanted to move it/take it away it would take to bits easily.  The roofing felt etc was fine but I added a further layer of felt, turned over at the edges and secured with screwed on battens.  We now have some spare guttering left over from the new greenhouse we have at the house so that will get fitted to the shed in due course.

Maverick

• One of the rural idle
    • Twoberries
« Reply #13857 on: 04 October, 2021, 08:39:06 am »
More local to you - try Forest Sawmills at Padanaram, on Forfar to Kirriemuir Road. No website but good quality sheds.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #13858 on: 04 October, 2021, 10:26:45 am »
My NHS smartcard reader has stopped working... just as I need to access the Spine.   >:(
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #13859 on: 04 October, 2021, 05:52:16 pm »
More local to you - try Forest Sawmills at Padanaram, on Forfar to Kirriemuir Road. No website but good quality sheds.
Forestmuir sawmill,  if that's who you mean, also have diabolical reviews on Google.

Maverick

• One of the rural idle
    • Twoberries
« Reply #13860 on: 05 October, 2021, 09:03:18 am »
Apologies, my bad. It was a different company actually in Padanaram, it appears to be no longer trading.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #13861 on: 05 October, 2021, 10:43:01 pm »
Council, I filled in your online change of address form for the cooncil tax on 22nd July. Still no update.
Now I emailed you with a screenshot of your web portal with the case number and details why can't you just open that and action it rather than asking for my address details? It's all there in the case!

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #13862 on: 10 October, 2021, 10:22:36 pm »
If you were offering your services asca guitar tutor, would you just completely ignore two emails from a prospective student? Even a "sorry I've not got any space right now" would be a civilised response, shirley?
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #13863 on: 18 October, 2021, 10:15:37 am »
Useless drunken scrotes who decided to abscond with the little fence that separates the end of our driveway from next door's about 1 am this morning. Heard some odd noises as we were going to bed, put it down to foxes, but then realised that foxes don't usually talk. Looked out the window, and saw someone down there (it's pretty dark and our outside lights had turned off for the night).

They'd evaporated by the time I got outside, presumably into the park at the bottom. No point chasing them as I was in my jimjams and what am I going to do if I do catch them? Found the fence at the bottom of the hill in the middle of the road, all broken, not sure if it was them or someone managed to drive over it. But thanks anyway, now we have to pay a man to replace it. Not a big deal, just annoying senseless vandalism that seems to be endemic and, if anything, getting worse. Shall we call the police, says my wife, then we both laugh for a bit and go to bed.

This is why we can't have nice things.

« Reply #13864 on: 18 October, 2021, 03:36:04 pm »
I'm coughing & feeling rather wheezy.  There is something bubbling at the top of my respiratory tract.  LFR test negative, so it's probably just seasonal lurgy  >:(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #13865 on: 19 October, 2021, 01:41:12 pm »
Needing to prove to The Mgt of the Green Note, wot is a music venue in darkest Camden innit, that he does not have Teh Plague, Mr Larrington arms himself with a collect code and sets out to acquire a lateral flow test wossname.

Pharmacy #1:Alas, we haz not any.  Of them.
Pharmacy #2:We, also, haz not any.  Of them.
Mr Larrington:I am beginning to sense a theme here…

TBC

« Reply #13866 on: 19 October, 2021, 01:47:16 pm »
Needing to prove to The Mgt of the Green Note, wot is a music venue in darkest Camden innit, that he does not have Teh Plague, Mr Larrington arms himself with a collect code and sets out to acquire a lateral flow test wossname.

TBC
When do you need it by?
You can collect one from me at work tomorrow, if needs be.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #13867 on: 19 October, 2021, 01:58:36 pm »

TBC
When do you need it by?

Tomorrow afternoon or Thursday daytime.  I'll try the branch of Lloyds on Larrington Towers Road later this pm and see what transpires…

« Reply #13868 on: 19 October, 2021, 02:10:26 pm »

TBC
When do you need it by?

Tomorrow afternoon or Thursday daytime.  I'll try the branch of Lloyds on Larrington Towers Road later this pm and see what transpires…
Let me know if you want me to bring one in with me.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #13869 on: 19 October, 2021, 03:43:20 pm »

TBC
When do you need it by?

Let me know if you want me to bring one in with me.

Plague-test-o-thing obtained from cheerful lady at Lloyds up the road, but thanks for the offer.  YACF at its finest.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #13870 on: 21 October, 2021, 01:48:52 pm »
Something's on fire.  It smells plasticky.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #13871 on: 28 October, 2021, 02:19:58 pm »
Dear recruiters on LinkedIn...

How about doing a little bit of research before sending me messages about your latest 'wonderful opportunity'?   My current job title includes the words 'National Lead' and I've been with my current employer (a major IS provider) for 7 years... what makes you think I'm likely to be interested in a six month interim contract manager's job with a trust or a CSU?

Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #13872 on: 28 October, 2021, 07:32:30 pm »
Dear recruiters on LinkedIn...

How about doing a little bit of research before sending me messages about your latest 'wonderful opportunity'?   My current job title includes the words 'National Lead' and I've been with my current employer (a major IS provider) for 7 years... what makes you think I'm likely to be interested in a six month interim contract manager's job with a trust or a CSU?

Ditto, just because I'm a Principal Consultant, doesn't mean that I want to be a Principal Property Lawyer or Principal Electrical Engineer etc
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #13873 on: 04 November, 2021, 01:42:40 am »
Lightbulb, if you’re going to blow, then blow rather than doing a disconcerting blink at random intervals.  Also, I bet I haven’t any suitable replacements :(

Edit: Four minutes later, darkness ensued.  And not because the timer switch turned it off either.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #13874 on: 04 November, 2021, 08:44:50 am »
Lightbulb, if you’re going to blow, then blow rather than doing a disconcerting blink at random intervals.  Also, I bet I haven’t any suitable replacements :(

Edit: Four minutes later, darkness ensued.  And not because the timer switch turned it off either.

Quick! Send for {three, four} {boy scouts, Belgians, Jesuits, engineers, psychiatrists,...}!
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight