Author Topic: First-World Problems.  (Read 241178 times)

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
Re: First-World Problems.
« Reply #2675 on: 15 September, 2021, 12:34:02 pm »
Come back Ted Kaczynski, we need you.
But they never got to Carcassonne.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #2676 on: 15 September, 2021, 02:04:00 pm »
I have no clothes pegs and I swear I'm middle class. I sneer at chavs and the only reason I go to Lidl is for cheap gin, so I must be.

If you drink Lidl gin you *are* a chav...

(the original Hortus gin was OKish but they've gone a bit downhill since that).
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

arabella

• no se porque yo no lo se
« Reply #2677 on: 16 September, 2021, 11:33:52 am »
I upgraded to a new mattress.
It is (much) thicker than the old mattress so some of my sheets no longer tuck in (tuck in! I hear you cry.  Well yes, flat sheets can be sides-to-middled when the middle wears out, thus getting more wear/less waste)
It is alas also a lot heavier than my old mattress so no idea how I will turn it when required.  Presumably with much difficulty as opposed to merely some difficulty.
In the dark, all views are the same.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #2678 on: 17 September, 2021, 09:26:47 am »
Pub's kitchen was closed, had a couple of pints then went to Greggs, Greggs was closed, had to go to M&S - at this rate I'll have to get extra from Waitrose. What is the world coming to?
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #2679 on: 17 September, 2021, 09:32:28 am »
It is (much) thicker than the old mattress so some of my sheets no longer tuck in (tuck in! I hear you cry.  Well yes, flat sheets can be sides-to-middled when the middle wears out, thus getting more wear/less waste)
It is alas also a lot heavier than my old mattress so no idea how I will turn it when required.  Presumably with much difficulty as opposed to merely some difficulty.
Flat sheets are getting smaller. How can a 150 cm-wide sheet be a "single": 90 cm for the bed+2x25 cm for the sides leaves 10 cm to tuck in to accommodate me. Need to buy a double now.
I like a flat sheet on top*, then I can have multiple layers for adjustment without any of them touching me.

* After the disastrous mistake of using a fitted sheet on top!
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

Beardy

• What’s this do?
  • I’ve always wondered where this was
« Reply #2680 on: 17 September, 2021, 09:46:46 am »
Flat sheets are getting smaller. How can a 150 cm-wide sheet be a "single": 90 cm for the bed+2x25 cm for the sides leaves 10 cm to tuck in to accommodate me. Need to buy a double now.
I like a flat sheet on top*, then I can have multiple layers for adjustment without any of them touching me.

* After the disastrous mistake of using a fitted sheet on top!
We’ve given up trying to accommodate both of us in bed with respect to duvet tog value and extra blankets. I am currently sleeping on top of the duvet Dr Beardy (Mrs) is sleeping under and I have a single fleece blanket if i get a bit cool in the night. My night sweats have all but disappeared since we took this approach.
Sorting my life out, one shed at a time.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #2681 on: 17 September, 2021, 03:30:41 pm »
 You should do as the Germans do - they always have 2 single duvets on a double bed.

My GerMan has a super-light tog duvet upon which he sleeps, I sleep under a thick and heavy one. Works well!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #2682 on: 17 September, 2021, 05:16:03 pm »
Ocado cannot deliver frozen foods due to national CO2 shortage!!  How will I survive without my Nuii ice creams?

Cudzoziemiec

• Моя планета голубая, я люблю тебя и обнимаю
« Reply #2683 on: 26 September, 2021, 08:42:59 pm »
Riding a bike through a city is like navigating the collective neural pathways of a vast global mind.

« Reply #2684 on: 29 September, 2021, 12:34:53 pm »
I picked up prawn cocktail crisps instead of ready salted