Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 210885 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1750 on: 12 May, 2022, 07:18:01 pm »
Cleaning lady visited Wednesday and had helpfully pictured the 'Missing Rabbit' poster on her phone.
Looks like it might be the one. Rabbit was missing for 5 weeks, since 3 April, before Blackie's conquest.

I phoned number on poster but was informed phone was switched off.
I sent SMS text yesterday afternoon but this has not been delivered.

There are no other contact details on the poster.

Oh dear!

« Reply #1751 on: 12 May, 2022, 09:33:59 pm »
Took delivery of four (hopefully) fertile goose eggs and snuck them underneath our broody goose.  Fingers crossed we’ll have some Pilgrim goslings in four weeks’ time!
Goose seems to be enjoying her incubating stint.  I’m going to have to lure her off the nest this weekend (apples work well) for long enough to grab the eggs and candle them.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1752 on: 12 May, 2022, 10:41:55 pm »
Candle them.  ?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1753 on: 12 May, 2022, 11:35:24 pm »
Holding the egg to a light source so you can see what's going on inside?

« Reply #1754 on: 13 May, 2022, 07:30:39 am »
Yup.  :thumbsup:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1755 on: 13 May, 2022, 05:20:30 pm »
And therefore determine if egg contents are living & growing or otherwise.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1756 on: 13 May, 2022, 09:01:45 pm »
Thanks for the eggy weg explanation.

My pet is currently recovering from having eaten an entire packet of dark chocolate digestives last night.
Not her fault, she's a dog.  Our fault for leaving them where we did.
Massive heart rate this morning, but that's calmed down now.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #1757 on: 13 May, 2022, 10:24:29 pm »
Problem with Pumpkin is she thinks she's a big cat but she's trapped in a small body. She doesn't seem to have the sense to avoid confrontation.
Rushes in where angels fear to tread is an apt description.

But she is soooooo cute.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1758 on: 13 May, 2022, 10:25:47 pm »
Stinking up my office with her farts.

Sam

Ah blame the dog ;)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1759 on: 13 May, 2022, 10:26:46 pm »
Took delivery of four (hopefully) fertile goose eggs and snuck them underneath our broody goose.  Fingers crossed we’ll have some Pilgrim goslings in four weeks’ time!
Goose seems to be enjoying her incubating stint.  I’m going to have to lure her off the nest this weekend (apples work well) for long enough to grab the eggs and candle them.

I'm now imagining a strange egg version of goose goose duck...

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1760 on: 14 May, 2022, 03:18:49 pm »
Making a face.
She investigated a very small beetle. I  assume it  squirted something unpleasant at her given how quickly she retreated and the faces she was making.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1761 on: 14 May, 2022, 05:26:20 pm »
Text sent in response to lost bunny failed to deliver, after 72 hours  in the ether.

D reports that something hefty fell onto hedge separating our garden end with the adjoining garden. A large number of cats fled from under the hedge.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #1762 on: 16 May, 2022, 09:50:58 pm »
The terrier's playing dead

IMG_20220516_213207_542 by ian, on Flickr

« Reply #1763 on: 17 May, 2022, 08:57:16 am »
Standard terrier chillout pose. Ours does that and same position but other way up.

I wish the stupid thing would chill out. Combination of MrsC being away plus him obsessing about the cat means he isn't eating, won't stop whining and barks bursting out now and then.

Cat is unimpressed with being chased and is likely to remove his face if he doesn't back off. Had to separate them last night, he was taking no notice of the warning growls.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

ian

« Reply #1764 on: 19 May, 2022, 08:30:11 am »
Thunder, rain, lightning, wind. OK, LMC doesn't much care, she'd sleep through the apocalypse. Bad Cat, on the other hand, is scaredy and runs away and hides when she so much as sees a hoover. She's generally quite an anxious cat.

So last night, during the light show, they both went to sit outside and watch.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1765 on: 19 May, 2022, 08:47:27 am »
Well, he was strutting about proclaiming "Wotchagot? Cherry!" because he had one, but now they've gone mouldy he's just saying "Cherry?" and hoping.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #1766 on: 23 May, 2022, 10:22:46 am »
Leaping onto my desk, stealing my pencil, and pressing the mouse button while I'm typing.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1767 on: 24 May, 2022, 04:38:38 pm »
Sitting totally unbothered by the Donner und Blitzen in the garden.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1768 on: 28 May, 2022, 06:30:11 pm »
This morning I was roused out of bed by caterwauling outside. When I opened the back door Pumpkin shot in and was all floofy tail and peching. About lunchtime she came and sat on my lap but didn't really look comfortable. When I ran my hand down her tail I got hissed at.
Now she's hiding in a cupboard & feeling sorry for herself. I hope this isn't going to result in an expensive trip to the vet this week.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1769 on: 14 June, 2022, 11:31:09 am »
Goose eggs seemed well developed when we candled them.  However, 28 days came and went, interwebs were consulted and I found that Pilgrim eggs can take up to 34 days to hatch.  With no signs of pipping, I threw them over the hedge into the next field on the 37th day...  :(  Maybe a nice meal for the neighbourhood fox...

Geese are now back out in the paddock, doing their job of keeping the grass under control.

« Reply #1770 on: 14 June, 2022, 06:19:21 pm »
GN: the dog and kitten (well, 3/4 grown now) are finally sharing space. Kitten teases dog mercilessly. No aggro.

BN: a neighbour's dog, Ted, (part collie, part labrador) has decided out dog is his mortal enemy, and attacks him on sight. This morning he charged 100m down a hill, leapt a fence and went for our dog. Ted is a coward, so I couldn't get hold of him. Owner running down, trying to catch him.
I can stop them scrapping - but MrsC is now scared of walking our dog.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #1771 on: 15 June, 2022, 09:13:08 pm »
Lika (half a husky!) is at the top of the stairs, a bit flat, waiting for her evening stroll. Diams, the youngest cat, is waiting in ambush to play with my shoulder as I go down the stairs to take Lika out. Berlioz had disappeared somewhere but is now returned to his habitual position of repose on a bookcase. Everyone is a bit knackered by the global warming, probably still over 30° outside. The two cats will undoubtedly retire to the cave before long, to find a more agreeable environment!

ian

« Reply #1772 on: 15 June, 2022, 09:26:26 pm »
LMC has gone a bit mad. She's got a favourite toy, the bee-mouse, which she's now taken to carrying around the house, miaowing loudly like it's a kitten.

Sometimes at 5 am.

« Reply #1773 on: 20 June, 2022, 08:20:33 am »
The terrible two are now best pals, and I'd hoped that would mean they would entertain each other. (instead of cat spending most of the day nicking stuff off my desk).

Nope. Instead, they *both* have to be in my office. Dog has to lie on feet or under chair castors. Cat is still nicking stuff.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #1774 on: 27 June, 2022, 09:01:04 am »
Stuck about 20ft up a small larch tree.

At least I think she is stuck. She might just be hunting.

Stupid animal has worked out how to go up, but not how to go down.

Will give it an hour before I get a ladder out.

[edit] she found her own way down.
The SmallBrownBird collective had obviously worked out that she isn't, well, 'agile' when up a tree. They were landing on branches only 2-3ft away from her.
<i>Marmite slave</i>