Author Topic: Very satisfying Odo reading  (Read 31153 times)

Re: Very satisfying Odo reading
« Reply #50 on: 11 May, 2011, 02:15:54 pm »
Apologies for the crummy cellphone camera image, but this was yesterday on the commute home:

I've been using the Kaffenback for just over a couple of years now, so it's averaging about 475 miles a month.

I'm not sure exactly what I've replaced so far, but I know I've replaced one saddle, one gear-brake changer lever (damaged in a minor off), I'm on the third chain/cassette, and aside from the original tyres (which I binned in less than 1000 miles), I'm on the second set of Marthon Supremes.  I've also probably replaced the brake blocks half a dozen times, two or three brake cables, and one front changer gear cable, and both wheel rims have been worn out.  I just (yesterday morning!) had to swap the front pedals over, because the bearings need replacing.  I suspect the Bottom Bracket bearings also need replacing, since there's a slight occasional clicking coming from that part of the bike.

This is mainly used as a commuter, so it's not surprising that things like the gears and brakes are being worn out alarmingly fast.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #51 on: 29 September, 2011, 07:44:03 pm »
It's not a large or particularly interesting number in and of itself, but not bad consider I only picked up the bike on 03/09/11.

I try not to think of the missed opportunities that would have put me on course for 900-1,000km by the end of the month.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #52 on: 27 November, 2011, 09:48:16 pm »
* arvid whistles
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been too many days since I have ridden through the night with a brevet card in my pocket...

« Reply #53 on: 27 November, 2011, 09:51:06 pm »
Very good! How long did that take you? I've just made 30,000km on the Fujin SLII in the last three years.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #54 on: 27 November, 2011, 10:03:07 pm »
*points 3 posts earlier* Just over 2yrs 9 months.
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been too many days since I have ridden through the night with a brevet card in my pocket...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #55 on: 27 November, 2011, 10:05:48 pm »
For 40km?  Slacker  :P

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #56 on: 09 September, 2012, 06:24:36 pm »
On yesterday's 200:

Checked the clock and noticed the SMGT's odo was at 8000 miles.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #57 on: 09 September, 2012, 06:32:03 pm »
Apologies for the crummy cellphone camera image, but this was yesterday on the commute home:

I've been using the Kaffenback for just over a couple of years now, so it's averaging about 475 miles a month.

I'm not sure exactly what I've replaced so far, but I know I've replaced one saddle, one gear-brake changer lever (damaged in a minor off), I'm on the third chain/cassette, and aside from the original tyres (which I binned in less than 1000 miles), I'm on the second set of Marthon Supremes.  I've also probably replaced the brake blocks half a dozen times, two or three brake cables, and one front changer gear cable, and both wheel rims have been worn out.  I just (yesterday morning!) had to swap the front pedals over, because the bearings need replacing.  I suspect the Bottom Bracket bearings also need replacing, since there's a slight occasional clicking coming from that part of the bike.

This is mainly used as a commuter, so it's not surprising that things like the gears and brakes are being worn out alarmingly fast.

I realises this particular milestone was coming up when we went out on the tandem this morning, but I missed it by a coupe of miles!

12347 isn't nearly so photogenic.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #58 on: 30 September, 2012, 07:15:56 pm »

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #59 on: 20 July, 2013, 08:01:52 pm »
Spotted this on the way out on Thursday night:

I suspect it reached that state at around the time I was passing the Country Girl on Monday evening.

(No, I haven't ridden nearly enough since last September.)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #60 on: 17 October, 2020, 09:14:16 pm »
I just missed 30,000 miles earlier this year, no idea when 20,000 miles happened, but I got this one today:

« Reply #61 on: 21 October, 2020, 04:02:31 pm »

Not so much a celebration of personal effort, and anyway I'm off the bike due to some lingering injuries, more a testament to the longevity of my 2001 VW Transporter. It's in km, so a little less impressive than it appears at first sight.
They laughed when I said I was going to be a stand-up comedian. They're not laughing now.

« Reply #62 on: 21 October, 2020, 07:06:11 pm »