Author Topic: Re: QEF Santini Bikeathon 2012  (Read 1260 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: QEF Santini Bikeathon 2012
« on: 18 July, 2012, 04:01:50 pm »
I will be polite this time, but the next one I will open with both barrels.

If you want to advertise your event, PAY FOR ADVERTISING.

If you want to join the forum, and participate as a useful member, or just lurk to increase you knowledge, then feel to do so.

Just don't think you can join and only post about your flaming event, charity or not, it really really gets my goat.  FWIW, anybody involved in advertising would tell you that you should always research the audience that you are pitching the advert at (I am pretty sure it is covered in 1st year ONC advertising at your local college, maybe even at NVQ level).  Telling a group of people who ride 100, 200 and more KM FOR FUN to challenge themselves with a 45 mile route is missing the mark, more than a little....

PS I know this goes against the other thread regarding being nice to newbies, but hey, (s)he asked for this....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: QEF Santini Bikeathon 2012
« Reply #1 on: 18 July, 2012, 05:38:09 pm »
Just for clarity, I have no objection to charity rides (and occasionally participate in one myself), it's the reasons given above that nark me.

I am sure QEF do a fantastic job, but this (and the subsequent post by them) does not make me want to participate.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State