Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1627950 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #2025 on: 05 July, 2012, 11:17:36 am »
M$ Outhouse

'nuf sed
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2026 on: 05 July, 2012, 02:48:57 pm »
Dear lady, sucking your teeth is a very effective and emphatic way of expressing disapproval.  But not after every sentence of your telephone call for the duration of a half hour bus ride.  Unless you're discussing the Cabinet, there simply aren't enough things in the world to disapprove of.  Seriously, you just sound like you're fighting a losing battle against dribbling.
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2027 on: 05 July, 2012, 03:05:25 pm »
Oh, come on, life, stop taking the piss!  After waiting nearly an hour on a train which went nowhere yesterday, today some fuckwit drove into a rail bridge in Wallington, disrupting services, and just delaying the horrible moment.

Please can I at least get to Wimbledon this afternoon without incident?  I'm not asking much, and it's bloody hard work anyway.
Getting there...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2028 on: 05 July, 2012, 03:17:27 pm »
Bloody hell, on top of today's other grumbles, I have just made the filling for the cake and the Mascapone split :(

Also one of the cakes doesn't look like it is cooked, even though, when I tested it last night the skewer came out clean :(

Bugger, damn and blast...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Mr Arch

• Maker of things! Married to Arch!
  • Gothic Arch
« Reply #2029 on: 05 July, 2012, 05:54:52 pm »
I hate filling in forms! >:(

« Reply #2030 on: 05 July, 2012, 06:10:13 pm »
This is why correct number of spokes for a touring wheel is n+2, where the extras are cable-tied to an unobtrusive bit of bike frame.

If you've got a hub gear in a small wheel or something similarly exotic, it's probably worth having some more squirrelled away at home, because they can be a right arse to order online, let alone from a LBS.  (DAHIKT)

I know a very nice man here in York, with a lot of spokes and a spoke cutting machine. Any problems, I'll put you onto him. ;)
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #2031 on: 05 July, 2012, 06:14:13 pm »
Directors of $WORKPLACE - I fully understand why you'd want to celebrate the company's first anniversary, especially given the events which led to the company being formed in the first place, but trying to book a venue in York during the middle of the year's biggest race meeting during which time the drunken fuckwit coefficient tends rapidly towards infinity?

Good luck with that ...

« Reply #2032 on: 06 July, 2012, 08:29:36 am »
Fellow parent: A good while ago, as I saw that I used to drive past you every day, I offered to pick you and your whiny offspring up and give you a lift. Yesterday I even drove you home. You are in the car between 5 & 10 minutes. It would be normal to talk to the person who is doing you a favour, or at least to acknowledge them. Yesterday, from the moment you got in your seat till the second you got out of your car, you were nose deep in your iPhone on Facebook.

Today it is raining and you are walking...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2033 on: 06 July, 2012, 12:39:54 pm »
Giblets! Please to be sorting yourselves out, I'm still frightened to fart, damnit.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #2034 on: 06 July, 2012, 01:06:47 pm »
Directors of $WORKPLACE - I fully understand why you'd want to celebrate the company's first anniversary, especially given the events which led to the company being formed in the first place, but trying to book a venue in York during the middle of the year's biggest race meeting during which time the drunken fuckwit coefficient tends rapidly towards infinity?

Good luck with that ...
Try booking Fiesta Mexicana. They usually close early during race meetings, 'cause they can't be arsed dealing with drunken racegoers. Might open for a local firm, private booking.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2035 on: 06 July, 2012, 01:17:28 pm »
Phone rings.  It's "out of area" which can mean it's my mother, who is abroad (not a broad...).  They've been having some interesting issues with their eckletrickery.

Me: answers with my surname as I always have done
<silence>
Me: hello
Telemarketing Idiot (TI for short): hello?
Me: HELLO!!!
TI: My name is Imran and I'm calling from UK Accidental <something garbled> Helpline
<I decide to play with this one>
Me: You're calling from what company?
TI: Ma'am, we'd like to...
Me: You're calling from WHAT company?
TI: UK Accidental <something garbled again> Helpline
Me: Could you spell that for me please?
Me: Could you SPELL that for me please?
TI: UK Accidental <something still garbled> Helpline
Me: Yes, you said that, I can't make out the third word, could you spell it for me please? 
TI: Pardon?
Me: Spell the third word for me please
TI: U...K...
Me: No, the THIRD word...you say UK and Accident and then there's something I can't hear and then Helpline...can you spell that third word please?  Just give me the letters of the word
Me: No, you're not listening to me...I want the full name of your company before we go any further.  Please spell the third word, it's not difficult, just read out the letters on the screen in front of you.
TI: OK, have a nice day <hangs up>

*laughs*  Actually, I'm not even sure this is a grumble, cos I quite enjoyed that!  I do love taking them away from their scripts!   ;D

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #2036 on: 06 July, 2012, 09:18:58 pm »
Graduating from university? I get that.
"Graduating" from High School? Oh, go on then.
"Graduating" from Primary School? Never heard of it....

Wait for it.... wait for it.... in our local paper this week, complete with fotie, "... youngsters who are graduating from the Wendyhouse Nursery in Kirriemuir to primary school eduation...."
FFS.  :facepalm:

It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

« Reply #2037 on: 06 July, 2012, 09:39:54 pm »
I got out of work two hours early, raced home, got my phone out of my work trousers and found it defunct due to wet. So now, in order to get my preferred train, the 15.57, I have to pack into half an hour a shower, booting up the laptop, leaving MFWHTBAB messages all over the place, finding the message with his landline number, ringing to leave a message with his Mum (it's them in the granny flat who use that number), and picking up my bags.

I get to the station at 15.45, in good time to find out that the 15.57 is cancelled due to a shortage of rolling stock. :facepalm:

I got the 16.26, which still makes the connection, but with only 10 minutes spare, and consistently arrives a couple of minutes late. And of course, it had two trainsworth of people on it, so I stood all the way to Piccadilly.

All this, having spent all day with sopping wet feet. In fact, all sopping wet.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #2038 on: 07 July, 2012, 04:46:05 pm »
I went to the Slutwalk today. The turnout was about a quarter of what it was last year, but there was about a billion times as much rain. I was not impressed at the behaviour of a man in the march who was using his phone to take photos of women's hotpanted arses in front of him then showing them to his mate while they both laughed. I told him he was missing the point of the march and he tried to say he wasn't.  ::-) >:(
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

LindaG

« Reply #2039 on: 08 July, 2012, 03:05:35 pm »
Cheese toastie, coffee and a bag of crisp. £6.70?! I'd have thought you were joking if not for the emptiness of my purse. That's an hour's wages!

« Reply #2040 on: 08 July, 2012, 03:41:51 pm »
Just the one crisp? That IS a rip off!
 ;)

Mr Arch

• Gothic Arch
« Reply #2041 on: 08 July, 2012, 05:20:30 pm »
Yesterday it was sunny all day except when we popped out briefly to look in the car and it rained while we were out there stopping when we got back in. >:(

Today it has been sunny all day except when we popped out briefly to vacuum the car and it rained while we were out there stopping when we got back in. >:(

« Reply #2042 on: 08 July, 2012, 05:21:45 pm »
Yebbut, it was sunny all the time we were out yesterday soaking up the cosmopolitan cafe culture of Eccles....

Mr Arch

• Gothic Arch
« Reply #2043 on: 08 July, 2012, 05:40:53 pm »
Yebbut why does it start raining the moment we uncover the car?

We sat outside drinking tea and not one spot of rain until we decided to uncover the car.

« Reply #2044 on: 08 July, 2012, 06:22:38 pm »
Maybe you have some sort of rain god living in the boot?  I mean the car hasn't been out for a couple of weeks, any old squatter could get in....

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2045 on: 08 July, 2012, 09:12:46 pm »
Well, can you provide a warning next time you're going to uncover the car?  So we can arrange not to go on any bike rides...

LindaG

« Reply #2046 on: 08 July, 2012, 09:16:27 pm »
Just the one crisp? That IS a rip off!
 ;)

Service station prices  ;D

Mr Arch

• Gothic Arch
« Reply #2047 on: 09 July, 2012, 01:47:16 pm »
The last few times my Mum has put the compostable waste bin outside for collection some sod has placed a bag of random non recycleable waste in it! >:(

We've yet to track down who it is but my Mum is worried that one day she will not be able to remove it in time before the collection lorry arrives and that she will get in trouble for it! :-\

« Reply #2048 on: 09 July, 2012, 02:13:24 pm »
Could you rig a huge Jack in a Box type thing on a spring to punch the unsuspecting culprit in the chops when they open the lid? Or, hire someone to crouch in there, but that could be a big wage bill!

The other answer is to put the bin out in the morning first thing, instead of sooner.

« Reply #2049 on: 09 July, 2012, 02:13:55 pm »
The last few times my Mum has put the compostable waste bin outside for collection some sod has placed a bag of random non recycleable waste in it! >:(

We've yet to track down who it is but my Mum is worried that one day she will not be able to remove it in time before the collection lorry arrives and that she will get in trouble for it! :-\

My parents had this problem once too. So they put the bin out in the dark the night before with dog shit smeared all around the handle bit of the lid. First thing in the morning my dad went out with a disinfectant wipe to remove it. There were lovely finger prints all in it  ;D
They didn't have the problem again after that!