Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1736480 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14850 on: 26 June, 2020, 03:58:19 pm »
On another note, I appreciate this is FORWARD PLANNING at it's best/worst (depending on your point of view) but I was having a socially distanced chat with Oaky yesterday evening.  We were reminiscing on past audacious endeavors and commented that we should plan something for 2021 when hopefully the world might not be such a bonkers place plus it would give us plenty of time to get fit again (obviously some of you are undimmed on the fitness front).  So here's what we came up with...

The weekend closest to the summer solstice, set off on Friday evening and point west heading towards Wales following a 300 to 400km circular route.  Pack bivvy bags, hit a few pubs along the way, kip in some ditches, get back on Sunday afternoon or evening.  All welcome.

Personally I like having something to aim for plus something to look forward to.

Could do a variant of chase the sun perhaps?
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #14851 on: 26 June, 2020, 04:02:26 pm »

What is chase the sun?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14853 on: 26 June, 2020, 04:34:06 pm »

What is chase the sun?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=chase+the+sun

I always think those lmgtfy things are tantamount to witch craft...

Nice idea but it doesn't appeal to me cos its pre-organised (goes against my anarchic tendencies) and it looks a but quick, I don't think Fred would be happy.  Mind you if others were keen I could be persuaded.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14854 on: 26 June, 2020, 04:37:06 pm »
I wasn't thinking we would do it, just that your suggesting was in a similar spirit to it :) (and just thinking further. it might be useful to route to avoid it perhaps )
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #14855 on: 26 June, 2020, 04:45:54 pm »
Avoid the sun?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14856 on: 26 June, 2020, 05:17:56 pm »
I wasn't thinking we would do it, just that your suggesting was in a similar spirit to it :) (and just thinking further. it might be useful to route to avoid it perhaps )

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #14857 on: 27 June, 2020, 04:00:17 pm »
Thanks for the feedback on the beer.  It looks as though we will have plenty left over from the charity weekend this week, so I'll bring that and supplement it with others. So no need to chip in - hopefully it will still be ok by then! Bit if not, I'll grab something else. J
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14858 on: 27 June, 2020, 04:02:52 pm »
Sounds good, thanks josser.

« Reply #14859 on: 28 June, 2020, 08:35:30 pm »
I know it’s early, but just I want to get a straw poll about next week’s beer situation. I can get some mini pins from Bishop Nick and if people want to contribute, we could split the cost.

Available beers next week will be:

Ridley’s Rite
Heresy
Martyr
Divine
Brimstone
Devout (maybe)

Huggy suggested getting 3 mini pins, which would be about 54 pints, but I suppose it depends on numbers. Please let me know if you’d like join in and what your beer preference is. Maybe someone a little more aufait with yacf than me could do a proper poll?

I’ll provide soft drinks etc. And I’ll fire up the Weber if anyone wants to cook anything (bring your own supplies), we will provide a few snacks and salady type stuff.

And you’re very welcome to camp out.

I’ll need to order the beer by Tuesday morning, so let me know your preferences by then! Thanks, Joss

PS welcome to MEMWNS Rob!

Hi Joss,

I am hoping to finally make an appearance on Wednesday, Can you PM me your address. I think I can almost remember where it is!!
I won't be camping or cooking, if you want me to bring anything, let me know.

Look forward to seeing you all

« Reply #14860 on: 29 June, 2020, 03:40:47 pm »
I know it’s early, but just I want to get a straw poll about next week’s beer situation. I can get some mini pins from Bishop Nick and if people want to contribute, we could split the cost.

Ridley’s Rite
Heresy
Martyr
Divine
Brimstone
Devout (maybe)

Huggy suggested getting 3 mini pins, which would be about 54 pints, but I suppose it depends on numbers. Please let me know if you’d like join in and what your beer preference is. Maybe someone a little more aufait with yacf than me could do a proper poll?

I’ll provide soft drinks etc. And I’ll fire up the Weber if anyone wants to cook anything (bring your own supplies), we will provide a few snacks and salady type stuff.

I’ll need to order the beer by Tuesday morning, so let me know your preferences by then! Thanks, Joss

Afternoon Joss. Please can you put me down as well. And PM me your address.

Cheers

Chris

« Reply #14861 on: 29 June, 2020, 03:42:19 pm »
On another note, I appreciate this is FORWARD PLANNING at it's best/worst (depending on your point of view) but I was having a socially distanced chat with Oaky yesterday evening.  We were reminiscing on past audacious endeavors and commented that we should plan something for 2021 when hopefully the world might not be such a bonkers place plus it would give us plenty of time to get fit again (obviously some of you are undimmed on the fitness front).  So here's what we came up with...

The weekend closest to the summer solstice, set off on Friday evening and point west heading towards Wales following a 300 to 400km circular route.  Pack bivvy bags, hit a few pubs along the way, kip in some ditches, get back on Sunday afternoon or evening.  All welcome.

Personally I like having something to aim for plus something to look forward to.

I'd be up for a bit of that. Reclaimed my bivvy bag yesterday. Just need to sort out a proper sleeping bag at some point

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #14862 on: 29 June, 2020, 04:39:29 pm »

Ridley’s Rite
Heresy
Martyr
Divine
Brimstone
Devout (maybe)

I'll be along.  More than happy to pitch in for beer.  I won't be camping, but might well bring along a bite to barbecue.  :thumbsup:
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #14863 on: 29 June, 2020, 04:40:53 pm »
Thanks for the feedback on the beer.  It looks as though we will have plenty left over from the charity weekend this week, so I'll bring that and supplement it with others. So no need to chip in - hopefully it will still be ok by then! Bit if not, I'll grab something else. J

If that is the case, I'd be happy to pitch in a charity contribution instead.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #14864 on: 29 June, 2020, 05:08:34 pm »
Wednesday is my wife’s birthday, so I’m 50/50.

« Reply #14865 on: 30 June, 2020, 07:08:39 am »
Wednesday is my wife’s birthday, so I’m 50/50.

Priorities?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14866 on: 30 June, 2020, 11:08:49 am »
playing catchup on last few days of posts....I intend to be in attendance to help reduce the beer leftovers, happy to contribute to the charity collection.
Not sure if I'll bring something to BBQ, I do know that I won't be camping/bivvying.

Not seen anywhere in thread - what time is considered polite to turn up at Josser Ranch? The new normal of from 8pm?
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14867 on: 30 June, 2020, 11:54:08 am »
Not seen anywhere in thread - what time is considered polite to turn up at Josser Ranch? The new normal of from 8pm?

I'm there now, I have been for several days, disguised as a duckling.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14868 on: 30 June, 2020, 12:12:10 pm »

I'm there now, I have been for several days, disguised as a duckling.
Good thinking!!

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #14869 on: 30 June, 2020, 02:17:06 pm »
Any time from 7pm is cool
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14870 on: 30 June, 2020, 02:26:52 pm »

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14871 on: 30 June, 2020, 02:28:36 pm »

:thumbsup:
That's when you can take your duckling costume off and stop snuggling up to Joss

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14872 on: 30 June, 2020, 02:30:08 pm »

:thumbsup:
That's when you can take your duckling costume off and stop snuggling up to Joss

Imagine his surprise!

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #14873 on: 01 July, 2020, 02:08:43 pm »
Last minute beer fail... So I've got Bishop Nick coming with 54 pints of beer.  So get your drinking boots on!  Hopefully the weather will hold out.  And of course WAGs are welcome.  See you later!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14874 on: 01 July, 2020, 02:34:04 pm »
Last minute beer fail... So I've got Bishop Nick coming with 54 pints of beer.  So get your drinking boots on!  Hopefully the weather will hold out.  And of course WAGs are welcome.  See you later!
Is this your idea of arranging a piss up around the duck pond?  ;D

There is an expected launch from the usual Witham pad at about 7pm for a direct route, if anyone wants to join the group ride.