Author Topic: Dopeage  (Read 9082 times)

simonp

Re: Dopeage
« Reply #25 on: 11 July, 2010, 09:06:48 pm »
I've never used Pro Plus on an audax, and I've done PBP and LEL, and completed 9x600s.

Coffee, e.g. cappuccino, plus the odd can of Red Bull.

I think some people seem to need it more than others, though.  I'm a bit of a night owl anyway.

It's just caffeine, whether you take it in RB, PP or coffE.

[I feel more kick from coffee than PP, but I think that's psycho-somatic! PP is by far the most convenient form to carry on the bike (and RB tastes foul, and pollutes water bottles for months).]

I was told PP contains a lot of caffeine but two tablets is only 100mg according to the PP website, and that's only 25% more than a can of Red Bull.

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #26 on: 16 July, 2010, 05:55:58 pm »

Except when it's delivered as Café Bombón.
I got banned from drinking them when we were cycling in Alicante.

simonp

« Reply #27 on: 16 July, 2010, 06:04:26 pm »

That's handy: the condensed milk will smooth the passage of the clot through your arteries to your heart.

Mike Conway

• Wheel builder and general bike rider
    • 23mm-wheels
« Reply #28 on: 21 August, 2014, 11:30:06 am »
I went energy bar shopping the other day and the shop gave me some caffeine tablets for free with the order - they're called Semtex tablets and apparently per 2 capsules there is 328mg of caffeine... seems to originally be designed for fat burning though:

http://www.jstjodie.co.uk/semtex-6-pack

I've not had any opportunity to try them, but I'm on my first 400k this weekend, so considering popping a couple if I get the dozies... Anyone tried these?

« Reply #29 on: 21 August, 2014, 11:46:13 am »

That sounds very similar to the coffee they serve in Kopitiams in Singapore and Malaysia.  They even serve the tea with sweetened condensed milk.  We took to drinking black tea and coffee as the white coffee was just too sweet for our tastes.  The ladies serving always gave us a funny look when we asked for "coffee, no milk, no sugar".