Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1735320 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14650 on: 28 May, 2020, 07:48:59 pm »
Groups of 6 socially distanced outdoor gatherings permitted from 1st June. Feels like we may be able to return to some semblance of normality on a Wednesday evening in the near future.

Yes indeedy!

All round to the Bryony and Crown!

However, though I shouldn't boast, our back garden is starting to look a bit 'Chelsea Festival' after hours of work and three trips to garden centres, and is available for socially distant gatherings. With bike parking and access at the back, as well as the plantlock containers at the front of course.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14651 on: 29 May, 2020, 07:55:17 pm »
I've been out with a tape measure this evening and our decking area allows more than the regulation 2 metres between 6 chairs; at the four corners and with a pair in the centre. So how about it next week, for the western MEMWNS contingent at least? Bring your own beer, snacks etc.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #14652 on: 29 May, 2020, 08:20:54 pm »
Yes!  Please could you put my name on a chair. Happy to bring my own together with beer and snacks.

« Reply #14653 on: 30 May, 2020, 03:22:34 pm »
So how about it next week, for the western MEMWNS contingent at least? Bring your own beer, snacks etc.

The stars are not aligned. This Wednesday my university friends are having their first lockdown virtual quiz evening, and I need to try out the jiberjaber Zoom 2 TV connection approach. So I will be skipping this Wednesday, which is unfortunate as Tomsk's terrace would be the further west for years.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14654 on: 30 May, 2020, 04:10:08 pm »
The stars are not aligned. This Wednesday my university friends are having their first lockdown virtual quiz evening, and I need to try out the jiberjaber Zoom 2 TV connection approach. So I will be skipping this Wednesday, which is unfortunate as Tomsk's terrace would be the further west for years.

Sorry! We can do the same the following week though, unless there's a suitable centrally located host?

Anyone else?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14655 on: 30 May, 2020, 04:26:53 pm »

Sorry! We can do the same the following week though, unless there's a suitable centrally located host?

Anyone else?
Probably, subject to usual work related conditions.

The Bryony Nano Brewery Tap House does have a selection of 5 bottled beers for a visit in the not too distant future. The over spill park outside the garden gate can be used for outside seating if necessary.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14656 on: 30 May, 2020, 07:33:39 pm »

Anyone else?
Probably, subject to usual work related conditions.

The Bryony Nano Brewery Tap House does have a selection of 5 bottled beers for a visit in the not too distant future. The over spill park outside the garden gate can be used for outside seating if necessary.

Excellent - the following week chez Huggy then? Or shall we swap around - can you do this Weds - so psyclist can make Dunmow on 10th June?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14657 on: 31 May, 2020, 08:41:02 am »
Swapping works for me.

« Reply #14658 on: 31 May, 2020, 12:13:29 pm »
Excellent - the following week chez Huggy then? Or shall we swap around - can you do this Weds - so psyclist can make Dunmow on 10th June?

Thanks Tomsk. If that works out with Witham on 3rd and Dunmow on 10th then all well and good, and if not, it's the thought that counts  :thumbsup:

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14659 on: 31 May, 2020, 03:39:00 pm »
 :thumbsup: Just need confirmation from Huggy ... I'm happy to host anytime though.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14660 on: 31 May, 2020, 04:31:56 pm »
:thumbsup: Just need confirmation from Huggy ... I'm happy to host anytime though.
I’m sure we can plan for a socially distanced BNB Tap House bottled beer sampling evening on Wednesday. Maybe a slightly earlier start to take full advantage of the evening light?  Like an 8pm-ish arrival??

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14661 on: 31 May, 2020, 04:52:10 pm »
Perfect. Don’t forget to pass the hat round!  I shall try for a spin first.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14662 on: 31 May, 2020, 07:24:47 pm »
I’m sure we can plan for a socially distanced BNB Tap House bottled beer sampling evening on Wednesday. Maybe a slightly earlier start to take full advantage of the evening light?  Like an 8pm-ish arrival??

Excellent! I'll bring my own tankard [or a 2 metre straw]! If I leave at 7, it's about 16 miles to Witham from here, so just a bit after 8 I guess. Must remember lights for the return ...

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14663 on: 01 June, 2020, 02:56:34 am »
So - just to confirm, Huggie's for this Wed and Tomsk for next?
Both bring own drinking apparatus ?
Both bring own booze ?
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14664 on: 01 June, 2020, 07:37:58 am »
Both bring own booze ?

Yes-ish! I believe the Brewmaster is offering samples this Wednesday though. But I wouldn't want to to drain his supplies, so I'll bring a bottle or two. Dunmow Co-op is doing a 4 for £7 deal at the moment [normally you're rationed to two bottles at a time].

« Reply #14665 on: 01 June, 2020, 04:51:19 pm »
Let me know if you’re having a meet up over the Hertfordshire border.  Plenty of greens for suitable meet ups.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14666 on: 01 June, 2020, 05:06:14 pm »
Let me know if you’re having a meet up over the Hertfordshire border.  Plenty of greens for suitable meet ups.

Another potential member for ACHE (Audax Club Hertfordshire East)  ;D

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #14667 on: 01 June, 2020, 05:08:14 pm »
Both bring own booze ?

Yes-ish! I believe the Brewmaster is offering samples this Wednesday though. But I wouldn't want to to drain his supplies, so I'll bring a bottle or two. Dunmow Co-op is doing a 4 for £7 deal at the moment [normally you're rationed to two bottles at a time].
I can provide freshly dishwashered pint glassware to drink from.
The beer bottle menu is:
  • Exe Valley Autumn Glory, slightly hoppy amber ale, ABV 5%, bottled 1st March 2020
  • Witbier, Wheat beer in the style of Blue Moon, ABV 4.7%, bottled 9th April 2020
  • Lemon Balm Citra IPA, hoppy amber ale with hints of lemon (maybe, not tried it yet), ABV 4.75%, bottled 16th March 2020
  • Milk Stout, easy drinking dark ale with a milky sweetness, ABV 5%, bottled 22nd December 2019.  Limited stock also available in keg
  • Coffee Milk Stout, easy drinking dark ale with hints of coffee (maybe, not tried it yet), ABV 4.7%, bottled 18th March 2020
Some bottles a little young and may not have reached full conditioned maturity, but that's the chance you take!

Next question....should I be selling tickets to the highest bidders for the 5 available socially distanced seats?
After all the recent excellent weather looks like this Wednesday may not be quite so warm & dry  ::-)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14668 on: 01 June, 2020, 05:11:15 pm »
I can bring a stool to sit on and I have a waterproof jacket plus Rainlegs.

I will open the bidding for one of the six places at Eleventy Billion UK pounds.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14669 on: 01 June, 2020, 06:19:22 pm »
I can bring a stool to sit on and I have a waterproof jacket plus Rainlegs.

I will open the bidding for one of the six places at Eleventy Billion UK pounds.

Ah - a reverse auction - I like your style!  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #14670 on: 01 June, 2020, 06:44:05 pm »

In normal times a small sub-group have occasionally had a foray into the hinterlands north west of Bishop's Stortford. Is that convenient for you, or are you further south (or north)? We could arrange something when the main group heads too far east.

« Reply #14671 on: 01 June, 2020, 07:01:36 pm »

In normal times a small sub-group have occasionally had a foray into the hinterlands north west of Bishop's Stortford. Is that convenient for you, or are you further south (or north)? We could arrange something when the main group heads too far east.

It’s Phil, so you’ll know where I am.  Gt Dunmow a couple of hours ride.  So if the meet was 7pm or 8pm that work for an hours meet-up, leave at 9pm couple of hours back.  Anything further west and closer then a later meet-up would also work. For instance anywhere from Puckeridge up to Therfield is about an hour away. Maybe Eliot could host a Therfield meet on the green by the pub.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14672 on: 01 June, 2020, 07:15:39 pm »
Oh no, cat-herding time!  ;D

If more than 5 turn up, relocate to open space nearby? Here, there's the Rec. just across the road - you might make friends with the rustic chavs of Dunmow.

« Reply #14673 on: 01 June, 2020, 08:13:26 pm »
It’s Phil

Have you changed your profile name? Not sure how I didn't twig if that isn't the case.

If more than 5 turn up, relocate to open space nearby? Here, there's the Rec. just across the road - you might make friends with the rustic chavs of Dunmow.

Sounds like a plan. At a push I could bring a chair next week ... let's see how this week goes and gauge who might turn up next week.

« Reply #14674 on: 02 June, 2020, 09:00:15 am »
It’s Phil

Have you changed your profile name? Not sure how I didn't twig if that isn't the case.

Yes new forum name