Poll

Is this real or fake?

Real
1 (4%)
Fake
24 (96%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Real or Fake?  (Read 2882 times)

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
Real or Fake?
« on: 05 November, 2009, 06:19:33 pm »
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

Re: Real or Fake?
« Reply #1 on: 05 November, 2009, 06:28:26 pm »
that looked like a 4 or 5 storey drop at the end...

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2 on: 05 November, 2009, 06:32:34 pm »
Blocked at work for me :(

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #3 on: 05 November, 2009, 06:36:42 pm »
that looked like a 4 or 5 storey drop at the end...
Yup! I thought that the speed they were descending was a bit slow too.
I think at the end of the drop they would have been splattered quite far over the pavement! 
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #4 on: 05 November, 2009, 06:46:33 pm »
I know the building.  It's actually not that big a drop off the end of the slope - just over one storey.

It's possible they did it... but I'm not absolutely sure.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
« Reply #5 on: 05 November, 2009, 09:31:11 pm »
I know the building.  It's actually not that big a drop off the end of the slope - just over one storey.

It's possible they did it... but I'm not absolutely sure.

Fake - if you were videoing that, you would definitely have got the jump off the end - not cut to the comedy pratfall after they landed.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #6 on: 06 November, 2009, 09:30:13 am »
It's quiet a slick video.  The landing sequence doesn't make sense to the viewer though.  The building is shown as if there is no way you can get off it without super powers.  Also why show that crash?  As a distraction that they've just cut.  The flourescent paint on the bikes makes it easy to super impose them on the darkened building.

I don't think the stunt of riding down the building at high speed and then jumping off actually happened as shown

Si

« Reply #7 on: 06 November, 2009, 10:05:16 am »
It's do able - the cliff at the Ercal is steeper and rougher, and has been done.  But when you see people do stuff like that they generally do it slower (at least the first time)...so I'm erring on the side of fake.

BTW, is that the same building that Jackie Chan went down the side of in one of his movies?

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #8 on: 06 November, 2009, 11:27:00 am »
Fake..

The angle  when landing are to shallow , compared to the drop.

anth

« Reply #9 on: 06 November, 2009, 11:29:14 am »
The one thing that made me think it was fake was how smoothly they were rolling in the side on shots. There should have been movement in the arms and legs as they crossed each bit of window frame...

« Reply #10 on: 06 November, 2009, 11:36:43 am »
Fake - at least the landing.  If they'd come off that slope and landed like that they would have splattered. It's concrete paving.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #11 on: 06 November, 2009, 11:42:07 am »
I'd go with fake. When they're going down the building they're not actually going that fast.
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #12 on: 06 November, 2009, 04:22:25 pm »
I'd accept that they were riding down the building attached using a fan braked descending cable (as used by stuntmen for long building falls), but the whole thing is a bit lame really isn't it?

It's not up to the Danny MacAskill standard though is it?

« Reply #13 on: 06 November, 2009, 04:29:47 pm »
I know what you mean but I don't think that Danny MacAskill is up to much at the moment:

A daredevil stunt cyclist who became an internet sensation could be out of action for two months - after injuring himself tripping over a pavement.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #14 on: 06 November, 2009, 09:26:09 pm »
I'd accept that they were riding down the building attached using a fan braked descending cable (as used by stuntmen for long building falls), but the whole thing is a bit lame really isn't it?

I think this is the answer, then they patch on the end bit. 
Getting there...