Author Topic: Online groceries SW London?  (Read 1154 times)

Online groceries SW London?
« on: 22 March, 2020, 06:40:24 pm »
Are there any online grocery delivery outfits allowing sign-ups at the moment, and able to start deliveries in a week or so?

Been trying the usual ones (Riverford, Amazon Fresh, Hello Fresh etc.) for what must be 2 weeks. I have a dormant Abel and Cole account but I see it won’t accept my log in and they are closed to new (and presumably re-) registrations. Amazon let you build a cartload of stuff and go through the entire checkout process before revealing that they have no delivery slots open at all.

Any smaller local operations - Richmond / Twickenham? Fruit / veg / dairy only would do.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Online groceries SW London?
« Reply #1 on: 22 March, 2020, 06:46:21 pm »
Are there any market traders who will no longer be able to operate as normal?

I received a message earlier on from a guy who does a big run with several lorries to the London fruit and veg markets every day and runs a bit farm shop in Rayleigh. He has advertised to say that he will willingly deliver his stock to vulnerable people in lockdown. I have texted him to say that I'm OK for a few days but will probably need some more fresh veg if my Riverford order doesn't come - and that's looking pretty likely.

On the assumption that the empty shelves are purely down to panic buying, then there must be stuff available. I am assuming that the logistics of keeping people out of big shops is a problem that has minds currently working on it.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #2 on: 22 March, 2020, 07:28:41 pm »
You may well be right in that the stupormarkets get their supply chains sorted out before relatively small operations like Riverford scale things up.

Nevertheless it would be good to have other options open. I’m sure locally based services will develop too.

« Reply #3 on: 22 March, 2020, 08:25:16 pm »
Could try the co op.
I have no idea how it works other than having made some deliveries via Stuart (Just Eat), though mine weren't in London.
I don't know if customers for immediate delivery go through the co op or the Just Eat app, or maybe something else.

« Reply #4 on: 22 March, 2020, 08:35:37 pm »
The Co Op have their own website, and their own cargo bikes operating from local stores.

Annoyingly it's now saying it's not available in my area, even though I used it like a week ago.

« Reply #5 on: 23 March, 2020, 10:12:46 am »
We have a vulnerable self-isolating relative with multiple health problems in Bromley, SE London.  Trying to arrange home delivery and failing, as every outlet seems to be stuffed at present.  Currently we're trying to find local help groups, but it's difficult online.

« Reply #6 on: 23 March, 2020, 11:30:30 am »
I did have success with this company - fruit and veg box booked for Sat.

https://www.soilfresh.co.uk/

« Reply #7 on: 23 March, 2020, 02:48:45 pm »
Facebook and online group Covid-19 mutual aid are coordinating many areas. You can search online for help in his area.

rob

« Reply #8 on: 23 March, 2020, 03:35:29 pm »
We have a vulnerable self-isolating relative with multiple health problems in Bromley, SE London.  Trying to arrange home delivery and failing, as every outlet seems to be stuffed at present.  Currently we're trying to find local help groups, but it's difficult online.

Ian.  I live in Bromley.  PM me or message on Facebook.