Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
The Sporting Life / Re: Southend Football
« Last post by Hair_Today_Gone_Tomorrow on Today at 02:19:12 pm »
Ha! And there I was wondering if it should be astro turf or astroturf. Pretty sure it's originally a brand name, so maybe Astroturf – or even AstroTurf. I've heard them referred to as 3G, 4G, etc (not sure how many generations they've got into).
The 5G one they inject into you on the orders of Bill Gates apparently
Ryanair won't accept anything other than a printed version of your boarding pass, as I found when I sent  a couple of fitters to Cyprus last week.
Greater Anglia seem to have withdrawn their support of E-Tickets with my last trip (and Ms Beardy the younger’s) coming trip to that London having no option other than post or collect at station. Most frustrating.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: National anthems and other national songs.
« Last post by Peter on Today at 01:55:39 pm »
Just to be clear, by "that's rather like" I was thinking only of the somewhat defeatist lyrics, not the tune.

Oh boy, Cudzo!  Fairly standard rise to the high tonic in the chorus, which is musically energetic and rousing, in the way of most national songs.  But the words!  I love the bit where the song reminds the troops that they will be returning by sea from Sweden to Poland, rather than simple teleportation.  Anyway, I bet yoof replaces Dambrowski with Lewandoski, just now!

"My"+ wife tells me she heard a really interesting radio piece about just how significant Poland was in times gone by and I don't mean as a tank training ground for Germany and Russia.  I think it must be about the Polish-Lithuanian "empire", so I'll look that up next.  Had a Lithuanian lorry through Rochdale yesterday.  Wonder if he'll return "by sea".
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 01:49:37 pm »
Ha! And there I was wondering if it should be astro turf or astroturf. Pretty sure it's originally a brand name, so maybe Astroturf – or even AstroTurf. I've heard them referred to as 3G, 4G, etc (not sure how many generations they've got into).
« Last post by Hair_Today_Gone_Tomorrow on Today at 01:47:40 pm »
..... Once he's got his development approved (and bear in mind that, as Jaded says, a lot of it is "outline") he will be in a position to build houses on both sites. It would be very convenient to him to kill the football club and just forget about the stadium.

A very cynical thought  :o :o :o
Health & Fitness / Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Last post by DuncanM on Today at 01:46:44 pm »
She's feeling a bit crap, but hopefully it won't last too long. She's in touch with Coeliac UK, so things may yet happen on that front.
« Last post by Hair_Today_Gone_Tomorrow on Today at 01:44:48 pm »
.... pretty sure it's some sort of astro turf

There's a blast from the past term - rarely here that these days.

Language seems to have evolved into calling it a plastic pitch - even though I'm not sure it is made of plastic either
Racing / Re: Amanda Coker breaks more records.
« Last post by felstedrider on Today at 01:39:29 pm »
Added nearly 9.5% to the previous record.

Steph Mottram and Christina Murray could disagree if they wanted.

Why is Christina Murray's distance not listed by WUCA?

I think records need to be set in WUCA events in the US.   The 'world' fixed gear record is just over 400 miles despite the UK record being over 480.
Just sorting out rail & gallery tickets for the weekend.   Am I the only one who loads them onto his phone & also prints a paper copy ... just in case.... ?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10