Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
OT Knowledge / Re: Mixer Tap regulations
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 09:19:13 am »
It seems there's no legal requirement in UK to replace lead piping. Presumably introducing such an obligation would cause Daily Mail share price cancer.
OT Knowledge / Re: Old style razors
« Last post by mrcharly-YHT on Today at 09:16:58 am »
Soaps:

Best I've used is a Taylors stick. Wet face with hot water, rub stick on face, lather with wet brush.

MrsC bought me some Arran soap in a bowl. It is very nice, but messy. You lather in the bowl and it goes all over.

Proper shaving soap, good stuff, is much better than random soap. Contains moisturisers. Using cheap shaving soap or hand soap dried my skin out too much.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by rr on Today at 09:05:13 am »
Wordle 1,041 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Universities were always pretty good at having speakers that felt it’d look good on their CV / having a general sense of giving back, and maybe putting an honorarium onto the expenses. Maybe a warm glow is a taxable benefit these days, what with energy being so expensive.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 08:22:20 am »
Wheels of Steel - Saxon
Health & Fitness / Re: The path to regaining fitness
« Last post by T42 on Today at 08:21:21 am »
As helly said. You went back too early as you are male, overachiever and had minimally invasive surgery.
However you still had massive body injury.

After the Inlaw Paw's TURP the surgeon told him to imagine he'd been shot.
Food & Drink / Re: Doorstep Milk delivery
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 08:17:57 am »
mcqueens turned up in my doorstep the other week.
so I've got oato coming twice a week, problem is I need slightly more than 2 bottles but not 3 bottles.
it is better than Tesco own and similar cost oatly from Tesco.
I could get oatly from them but I may as well get that in long life version from Tesco.

I'm not yet tempted to switch back but do have a few cartons needing used up in the cupboard.

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk

Does Oat "milk" freeze ok? We regularly freeze skimmed milk to overcome the vagaries of comsumption.
The Sporting Life / Re: Liverpool
« Last post by toontra on Today at 08:14:33 am »
The wheels have fallen off and instead of competing for the league they are now unbelievably in danger of missing out on a champion's league place next season.  What a difference 3 weeks make!

Unless the new manager can work wonders with Nunez he has to go.  He's losing them games with his profligacy.  Salah gets worse by the game - I suspect he's got half an eye on the door (to Saudi?).
Racing / Re: RATN 2024.
« Last post by morbihan on Today at 08:04:23 am »

Oh. Bermuda is not where I thought it was...

Tho in my defence, I also had it in my head you were in the Bahamas...

See you Friday

J

LOL Both are common misconceptions. It's often surprising to people how far North Bermuda is.
There is a big diaspora with the Islands in both directions to the South too so so me strong ties.
We used to do a fair bit of boating and cycling in the Bahamas (until our boat cape a cropper in Dorian) We had a couple of folding boat bikes that I likely posed about a ways back.
see you tomorrow.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 08:00:00 am »
The Great Pretender - Freddie Mercury
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10