Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Health & Fitness / Re: Ketogenic diet - fad or phenom?
« Last post by Jakob on Yesterday at 03:35:51 am »
Huh, none of the keto people I know are covid/vaccine/climate change deniers.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Yesterday at 01:08:46 am »
Einstein A Go-Go ~ Landscape
« Last post by spesh on Yesterday at 01:00:56 am »
Fibonacci Sequence - BT
The Sporting Life / Re: Rugby League
« Last post by Peter on Yesterday at 12:10:03 am »
Yes, that was a bit of a turn-up!
« Last post by ElyDave on 24 September, 2021, 11:57:32 pm »
Glad to be "special", I think  ;D

« Last post by sojournermike on 24 September, 2021, 11:49:28 pm »
Please don't hate me for sharing a Daily Mail article...but its very topical to the subject at hand.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9314239/Growing-army-doctors-helping-patients-REVERSE-DIABETES.html?fbclid=IwAR0C5hAybMh45rIm86FkmVKLMroY8mssVAF4H19tr8BeUe8RPNxC3UOijUs

No hate on you, but I’ll go out on a limb and point out that a significant proportion of the visible low carb evangelists have managed to combine some form of Covid denial with climate change denial.

That’s not to say the approach is without merit, but the team at Newcastle Uni have achieved similar results for T2 diabetes in peer reviewed studies using very low calorie, but sugar based, diets to support significant weight loss.

Really?

Low carb evangelist T1D, double vaccinated because having had flu while diabetic, the idea of COVID for me and my disabled son is fucking scary.

And BTW, my career has been built on helping organisations with how they deal with climate change.

Seems I contradict every element of that?

Brilliant - I’m genuinely delighted to hear that. Sadly, I suspect your not as visible as Noakes, Cummins et al. I was careful not to lump everyone into the same barrel. You’re also a ‘special’ case given T1D.

Mike

The Sporting Life / Re: Rugby League
« Last post by fd3 on 24 September, 2021, 11:47:45 pm »
Well done those Yorkshire lads!  Did not expect either of those outcomes.
To be fair, though, still reckon it will be the top two in the final, hope Leeds leave Sts reeling and off the pace for the final.
Audax / Re: Pit Ponies 100 - a day out on the railtrails
« Last post by Peter on 24 September, 2021, 11:43:24 pm »
There's that orange bike again.......

Trev and I are hoping to do this, Dean.  I'll get the entries off.  We'll be ambling, not just because of incompetence but because there's a lot of our ancestry tied up in the route.  I've just been looking at a really old Durham OS map and I think that quite a bit of the off-road is old railway lines - is that right?*  That will be great.

Will there be parking near the hall?  With my state of fitness it might be a bit to far to ride out and back from Trev's - especially if I'm coming up on the day.

It's a terrific route.  I was only reading about the "new" bridge the other day.

Good luck

Peter

*  Edit - maybe if I read the whole title it would help!  Also, I saw Field's Chippy on a Portillo railway programme the other day.
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Any FileMaker Pro SME out there?
« Last post by Jaded on 24 September, 2021, 11:32:46 pm »
Is it a runtime? If so, do you have access to the original FMP file?
« Last post by Pingu on 24 September, 2021, 11:19:55 pm »
Pi - Kate's Bush
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]