Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 1972818 times)

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • Pudge controls the weather.
    • Someone's imaginary friend
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #23150 on: 20 July, 2021, 04:12:12 pm »
Trying to work with the window open, while a dozen baby starlings engage in gang warfare over some fatballs right outside it.

I know this is my own fault for hanging the fatball feeder there, but do they have to be so noisy?

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

« Reply #23151 on: 20 July, 2021, 04:12:25 pm »
Listening to the swifts :)
We've seen only a half dozen or so swallows this year.  We normally see noticeable numbers of them and house martins as well as a few swifts.  However, the skylarks seem to be singing a bit later than most years.  Heard the 1st one on the 16th of Feb. and the songs have only just started tailing off in the last week.  Normally expect them to have stopped by the beginning of July.

Whereas we’ve (in leafy Bucks) seen more than the usual complement of swift’s this year.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #23152 on: 20 July, 2021, 04:16:00 pm »
Sitting starkers in front of a computer.

*Ahem*  You need to turn the camera off...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
« Reply #23153 on: 24 July, 2021, 04:39:57 pm »
Watching assholes demonstrate in Paris against the "loss of liberty" implied by the "pass sanitaire".  It's all very half-hearted - well, it's hot - and not a patch on the gilet jaune riots we had a couple of years ago.
But they never got to Carcassonne.