Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2414657 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #1175 on: 01 January, 2009, 09:36:30 pm »
Being very disappointed at the expensive meal we just had at the Alma Inn. The meat dishes were (I'm told) all good. The vegetarian penne alla arrabiata (only veggie dish on the menu) was flabby, overcooked and tasteless. My sis and I ate less than half of our meals. We complained and still had to pay (were given a paltry 10 quid gift voucher in compensation). Not recommended at all. Grr.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1176 on: 01 January, 2009, 09:50:08 pm »
EDIT: <rant>

I know how you feel - it's been a soapbox of mine for years.  Deserve much better than that.
Getting there...

annie

« Reply #1177 on: 01 January, 2009, 11:40:18 pm »
I have just returned from next door.  Glass of wine later, rosy cheeks and thoughts of finding my jim jams.  Might just go with the socks for a change. :-\

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1178 on: 01 January, 2009, 11:50:38 pm »
Has a moment's reverie contemplating Annie in socks and no jim-jams. :o
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #1179 on: 02 January, 2009, 09:00:55 am »
Waiting for mrs. W to get ready so that we can walk the dog. Was going to go on the bike but will do that later today as it is very icy at the moment

annie

« Reply #1180 on: 02 January, 2009, 09:02:36 am »
Eating breakfast.  Contemplating going for a little pootle later, or a run, or a walk.

Just found a tin of Quality Street :-\  I have lost 2lbs this week so I could just have a couple.

« Reply #1181 on: 02 January, 2009, 09:04:10 am »
Eating breakfast.  Contemplating going for a little pootle later, or a run, or a walk.

Just found a tin of Quality Street :-\  I have lost 2lbs this week so I could just have a couple.

Naughty Annie!!!  Rest time for Annie.

Chocolates, always yes.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

annie

« Reply #1182 on: 02 January, 2009, 09:07:12 am »

Naughty Annie!!!  Rest time for Annie.

Chocolates, always yes.

I can hear your voice in my head and you speak wisely.  So I will just walk with the dogs today and cycle tomorrow then :-\

bazzerp

• A new life in Cape Town.
« Reply #1183 on: 02 January, 2009, 09:17:24 am »
At work, looking out of the window....

Just joined bikejournal.com as a yACF member
Where have all the hedges gone ?

« Reply #1184 on: 02 January, 2009, 09:19:13 am »
I can hear your voice in my head and you speak wisely.  So I will just walk with the dogs today and cycle tomorrow then :-\

That's only 80% as naughty, LOL!  Seriously, I reckon you need at least a week off, with an afternoon nap every day, no gym, no running, no swimming, no cycling, and at most shorter slowish walks with the dog.

annie

« Reply #1185 on: 02 January, 2009, 09:20:45 am »

That's only 80% as naughty, LOL!  Seriously, I reckon you need at least a week off, with an afternoon nap every day, no gym, no running, no swimming, no cycling, and at most shorter slowish walks with the dog.

Yeh but.... :-[

You might be right.  I promise to slow down an ickle bit.  I am still waking up feeling exhausted.  Yesterday I missed my nap but shall grab a couple of hours later on. :-*

The same goes for you by the way.

« Reply #1186 on: 02 January, 2009, 10:16:00 am »
It's warmed up in Liverpool, so the ice plug in the burst pipe on my balcony gave way.  Instant fountain for me, ruined ceiling for the flat below (hopefully not..)

I've cut a 700 x 23 inner tube, ran it down the main drain and then fixed it over the burst pipe with an arno strap.  It's useful being a cyclist and having bodging bits to hand  ;D

Hopefully this will hold until a plumber can get here tomorrow.  There are at least 6 leaks in the complex, I can see one flat with water cascading down it's windows from the flat above  :o
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

annie

« Reply #1187 on: 02 January, 2009, 01:10:11 pm »
Heck Andrew, hope you manage to get it sorted very soon.  What an awful start to the new year.

I am just back from a very brisk walk, 6-7 miles.  Quite mild considering the time of year.

Need to eat now and then take a dip.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #1188 on: 02 January, 2009, 01:30:36 pm »
Sat reading ACF - nursing a roilling gut. No ride for me today.

LE

« Reply #1189 on: 02 January, 2009, 02:12:26 pm »
Recovering. :s

alan

« Reply #1190 on: 02 January, 2009, 02:24:40 pm »
Sat reading Y ACF - nursing a roilling gut. No ride for me today.

Same here plus I am acting in a consultancy capacity for Marj as she makes a Bread & Butter pudding.

annie

« Reply #1191 on: 02 January, 2009, 02:25:11 pm »
Recovering. :s

Oh dear.  Take it easy both of you. :-* :-*

« Reply #1192 on: 02 January, 2009, 02:34:07 pm »
Waiting for a pizza to heat up, can't do any proper cooking.  A pile of washing up in the sink (no change there)
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1193 on: 02 January, 2009, 03:18:04 pm »
On the train back from ooop north, hoping that the kitchen is fininally finished, not something I would bet on though.   
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #1194 on: 02 January, 2009, 03:30:47 pm »
Drinking tea and eating Malt Loaf and enjoying the post ride glow. More tea Gromit? Yes please.

« Reply #1195 on: 02 January, 2009, 03:44:05 pm »

You might be right.  I promise to slow down an ickle bit.  I am still waking up feeling exhausted.  Yesterday I missed my nap but shall grab a couple of hours later on. :-*

Good girl!!  I've been excellent this week, done very little.  The most exercise I got was a brief walk in the park to fly Johan's glider, and then back home again.  Just woken up from an afternoon nap, and I feel much better.

Just remember, all that extra rest is only going to make you stronger, not weaker!!

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #1196 on: 02 January, 2009, 03:50:24 pm »
About to hop onto the fixer to go and fettle with Dad's computer. But currently listening to my new Seasick Steve CD.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

annie

« Reply #1197 on: 02 January, 2009, 03:50:41 pm »

Good girl!!  I've been excellent this week, done very little.  The most exercise I got was a brief walk in the park to fly Johan's glider, and then back home again.  Just woken up from an afternoon nap, and I feel much better.

Just remember, all that extra rest is only going to make you stronger, not weaker!!

I am off to the sofa right now.  Just a 6 mile walk with the dogs today.

Cycling tomorrow so must get some rest in now.

« Reply #1198 on: 02 January, 2009, 03:52:23 pm »
shivering Brrrrrrr it's cold in here

« Reply #1199 on: 02 January, 2009, 06:35:12 pm »
Attempting to make rings out of the steam from my coffee.  It's chilly in here.