Author Topic: modern life is rubbish  (Read 10424 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: modern life is rubbish
« Reply #125 on: 01 March, 2021, 05:15:12 pm »
You don't get cardboard boxes picked up as part of your recycling collection then?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #126 on: 01 March, 2021, 05:28:29 pm »
Oh yes. My tip trip was to dump a trailer- and boot- load of old kitchen flooring. We also made another journey, in the opposite direction during which we collected a trailer- and boot- load of new kitchen flooring. One day we will have a new kitchen to go with it.. ..when Covid permits. Then we will be able to eat cooked food again.
Sic transit and all that..

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
« Reply #127 on: 01 March, 2021, 05:41:43 pm »
Until then, you need a Trangia! Or a Jet Boil or a Boy Scout with two twigs.
Riding a bike through a city is like navigating the collective neural pathways of a vast global mind.

« Reply #128 on: 02 March, 2021, 07:56:04 pm »
We tried cooking a 3 course for two on the pocket rocket but now we have the student's friend - a twin hob electric hot plate from Argos.  It's all very rough luxe

till April.
Sic transit and all that..

ian

• not a woman, not an american, not a vampire
« Reply #129 on: 21 July, 2021, 09:00:01 pm »
Good god, the fire/CO/sleep alarm has chirruped off its mortal coil. Slightly narked after recent discussion that it's optical, since I was thinking of the fun stuff I could do with americium. My tritium count is probably almost background, I'm relying on carbon-14 for my healthy glow.

Rubbish, why, you might ask? Because detectors have moved in the seven years since I bought it. And now, seriously, the fuckery with which you have to put up when attempting to buy a replacement. I don't fucking need it to interface with wifi and a fucking phone app. I want something with a nocturnal neighbourhood shattering beep that will knock me out of the land of nod. I do not need seven choices of alarm tone. I just don't want to burn to death in my sleep or take a CO-cruise into the great beyond. I don't want to groggily stumble into the afterlife to the bloody Ride of the Valkyries.
Support the Great Surrey Bear Census 2020 (postponed due to COVID)