Author Topic: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)  (Read 2278942 times)

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Reply #23275 on: 18 September, 2021, 12:26:15 pm »
It's not out of paper you fucktard operating system (Mint).  It's 'offline'.  Quotes because it wasn't offline, it had decided to change it's IP for reasons best known to itself.  Half an hour of my life wasted figuring that out.
2020 targets: None
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #23276 on: 18 September, 2021, 01:04:35 pm »
It's not out of paper you fucktard operating system (Mint).  It's 'offline'.  Quotes because it wasn't offline, it had decided to change it's IP for reasons best known to itself.  Half an hour of my life wasted figuring that out.

It's Linux, so it's only out of paper if it says lp0 on fire
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

« Reply #23277 on: 18 September, 2021, 01:31:15 pm »
Here in Leafy Bucks it’s a really lovely early autumn day. Light airs, high cloud, warm. So I’m sitting out the back. Some bastard has lit a bonfire  >:( >:(
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #23278 on: 18 September, 2021, 01:43:08 pm »
Something was on fire at 7am this morning.  I know this because I was rudely awakened by my lungs.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #23279 on: 18 September, 2021, 10:58:02 pm »
That was my yesterday, smelt like neighbour had lit a traditional bedouin camel dung fire
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #23280 on: 28 September, 2021, 07:04:02 pm »
Delivery driver (parecelforce if anyone’s keeping score). I know you’re just in a van, and not driving a fuel tanker, so missing out on a pay rise. But really, the competence you showed today makes me think it’s best if you’re not adding to the fuel industry’s woes.

First, the standard moan:
Use the bell. Or knock if you prefer. It isn’t camouflaged and it does work. Don’t just assume I’m going to hear you park. Or, more likely, assume I’m out at the time I’ve been told to expect a delivery. I say more likely, as you were heading off as opened the door. Without putting a card through the door.

But more particularly:
See the dark clouds, and how you’ve needed the wipers on your van for the really heavy showers? I mention this because the “safe place” for a cardboard box marked “keep dry” and “flour” on a day like today really isn’t in the open on our drive.

Also, where’s the second box? There’s a suspicious lack of “we’ve got a parcel for you tomorrow”.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #23281 on: 28 September, 2021, 07:52:11 pm »
I mention this because the “safe place” for a cardboard box marked “keep dry” and “flour” on a day like today really isn’t in the open on our drive.

Oddly enough, I had similar a couple of days ago.

10 kg bags of Caputo OO Pizza flour, left out in the rain.
Fortunately, inside the outer cardboard packaging, the actual bags of flour were sealed in a couple of stout polythene bags.

« Reply #23282 on: 28 September, 2021, 08:54:52 pm »
The box I got was sturdy cardboard with standard paper bags of flour in it. The big bag of white flour is the missing one. (The extra bags create variety and get me over the free delivery amount.)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #23283 on: 03 October, 2021, 06:32:43 pm »
Oi, Sainbo's! What in blue blazes have you done with my list of favourites, you swines?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #23284 on: Yesterday at 06:03:39 pm »
Mrs P (belatedly, due to trying to steer clear of the rant thread)

Same place as they've put all their tea, rice cakes, sugar, cake fruit, coffee, and other everyday items they can't seem to find in order to deliver, yet the shop actually has in stock if we make the 50 mile round trip to it.
Wombat

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #23285 on: Yesterday at 06:22:03 pm »
I have decided that it's probably something to do with our internets. If I use the mobile to place an order the favourites are all there and it's just generally less crap all round.
Not that it is helping with the complete absence of my preferred bread flour though...
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.