Author Topic: ***CoronaBonus***  (Read 65081 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: ***CoronaBonus***
« Reply #475 on: 30 October, 2020, 07:02:37 pm »
To avoid being the victim of junior extortionists tomorrow evening, just stick a note reading “Sorry — Self-isolating” in your front window.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #476 on: 30 October, 2020, 07:27:55 pm »
Or simply don't answer the door.  We're in that habit anyway.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #477 on: 30 October, 2020, 08:21:02 pm »
Turns the light off...
It is simpler than it looks.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #478 on: 30 October, 2020, 08:22:22 pm »
They're not supposed to be guising up here, is it not the same in England?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #479 on: 30 October, 2020, 08:47:44 pm »

Who knows?  It's not like there are competent authorities widly publicising clear rules.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #480 on: 30 October, 2020, 08:53:16 pm »
Haven't heard anything either way. But it's not as if they're enforcing the rules they do have anyway.  My son went to a halloween party at a friend's yesterday, left just after ten and said all the restaurants and pubs were still serving. And this is on the main road, not tucked away in some obscure place. So it's all going really well...
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #481 on: 30 October, 2020, 08:53:51 pm »

It's part of BJ's youth training and employment plan.

ian

« Reply #482 on: 30 October, 2020, 08:59:19 pm »
Like every year, if they make it across the shark moat, I'll be generous with the servings of boiling oil.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #483 on: 30 October, 2020, 09:05:13 pm »

The BBC Londonton News had a five minute feature on “Safe Extortion For Kiddiwinks Inna Time Ov Pandemic”, so it would appear not, at least in Tier 2 areas.  Unless Bloody Stupid Johnson changes Teh Roolz again tomorrow.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #484 on: 31 October, 2020, 08:06:54 am »
Quote from: Mr Larrington
To avoid being the victim of junior extortionists tomorrow evening, just stick a note reading “Sorry — Self-isolating” in your front window.
And waste all those Claymore mines that I bought especially for the occasion?  Where's the fun in that?
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #485 on: 31 October, 2020, 09:41:28 am »
Amazon have pulled the Hallowe'en coronavirus mask from sale, which is a shame.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/amazon-coronavirus-halloween-masks-a4560901.html
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #486 on: 03 November, 2020, 10:24:47 am »
I'm not wearing my smart shirts, shoes and trousers out. Mind you, I haven't got a pair of jeans left without at least one hole in them.
Rust never sleeps

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #487 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:00:33 pm »
I'm not wearing my smart shirts, shoes and trousers out. Mind you, I haven't got a pair of jeans left without at least one hole in them.

I had to buy new jeans, as mine were at least three sizes too big.  On the basis of least shopping effort I bought some of those posh Alpkit ones.  Waist is still too big and not high enough because it's modern trousers, but they have *pockets*.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #488 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:12:38 pm »
Amazon have pulled the Hallowe'en coronavirus mask from sale, which is a shame.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/amazon-coronavirus-halloween-masks-a4560901.html

Cue Streisand Effect and them being stocked at other less rapacious websites.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #489 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:19:58 pm »

I had to buy new jeans, as mine were at least three sizes too big.  On the basis of least shopping effort I bought some of those posh Alpkit ones.  Waist is still too big and not high enough because it's modern trousers, but they have *pockets*.   :thumbsup:
Alpkit do jeans? Are they just jeans or is there anything Alpkity about them? Presumably the waist is still at least 4 inches more in reality than the marked size?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #490 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:22:54 pm »

Alpkit do jeans? Are they just jeans or is there anything Alpkity about them? Presumably the waist is still at least 4 inches more in reality than the marked size?

https://alpkit.com/collections/womens-trousers-and-shorts/products/sequence-technical-jeans-womens

They're specially shaped to be better at scrambling over rocks (I haven't tested this).  And did I mention they have real pockets?  There's also an extra one on the side of the leg that you can fit a smartphone in *and* sit down.

Main gotcha from the comments seems to be short legs, but they come in three lengths, so I just ordered the long version.  Also, because it's an outdoor shop, they have a size guide in actual measurement units, rather than leaving you to guess the vanity size fudge factor.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #491 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:26:16 pm »

They're specially shaped to be better at scrambling over rocks.  And did I mention they have *pockets*?

Main gotcha from the comments seems to be short legs, but they come in three lengths, so I just ordered the long version.  Also, because it's an outdoor shop, they have a size guide in actual measurement units, rather than leaving you to guess the vanity size fudge factor.
I thought jeans were usually an exception to the general rule that women's clothes don't have pockets anyway? And does rock scrambling shape mean they're any good for cycling?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #492 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:31:56 pm »
I thought jeans were usually an exception to the general rule that women's clothes don't have pockets anyway?

Women's jeans have pockets, but the front ones are usually superficial.  You might get an AA battery lipstick or two in them.  Certainly not deep enough to warm your hands with when you're cold.

And does rock scrambling shape mean they're any good for cycling?

I doubt it.  There's a lot of extra seams going on in the crotch area.  I have a strict no cycling in jeans policy anyway, after riding in wet civvies caused an abscess that took months to heal (and left scarring that threatens a repeat performance).

« Reply #493 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:33:07 pm »

https://alpkit.com/collections/womens-trousers-and-shorts/products/sequence-technical-jeans-womens

They're specially shaped to be better at scrambling over rocks (I haven't tested this).  And did I mention they have real pockets?  There's also an extra one on the side of the leg that you can fit a smartphone in *and* sit down.

It's a pity they only come in a bit of meh shade of blue. :(

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #494 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:35:29 pm »

Yes, I angsted over that for a while, generally preferring my jeans to be BLACK.

The skinny ones are a better shade, but I'm the wrong shape for skinny jeans, and their waist doesn't come up to the waist either: https://alpkit.com/collections/womens-trousers-and-shorts/products/jeanius-technical-performance-jeans-womens

« Reply #495 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:39:59 pm »
On a clothes-related note, I'm having to do a lot less washing: previously, I'd have work clothes, non-work clothes, and gym clothes. Now that gym classes are off again (and I'm not particularly keen on going to the gym anyhow, it being a university one), a single pair of Craghoppers trousers and a merino top lasts me a full week. :-X I do change underwear daily, for the record.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #496 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:52:31 pm »
I thought jeans were usually an exception to the general rule that women's clothes don't have pockets anyway?

Women's jeans have pockets, but the front ones are usually superficial.  You might get an AA battery lipstick or two in them.  Certainly not deep enough to warm your hands with when you're cold.
Whereas men's jeans can combine main pockets too small to warm your hands with a coin pocket too deep to be able to get coins out of. Come to think of it, they're probably better shaped to an AA battery or lipstick than coins.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #497 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:54:04 pm »
I do change underwear daily, for the record.
This seems to combine "reassuring to know" with "too much information"!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #498 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:54:49 pm »
Now that gym classes are off again (and I'm not particularly keen on going to the gym anyhow, it being a university one), a single pair of Craghoppers trousers and a merino top lasts me a full week.

You're evidently better at not spilling chocolate/flour/schmoo on your trousers than me.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #499 on: 03 November, 2020, 12:57:02 pm »

And they don't come in 'Fat Bastard' sizes either....    :(
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor