Author Topic: CTC AGM 2021 MOTIONS x 3  (Read 1677 times)

Philip Benstead

• Cycling4ALL - say No Bike No Life
CTC AGM 2021 MOTIONS x 3
« on: 29 April, 2021, 10:11:09 pm »
CTC AGM 2021 MOTIONS

I have redrafted these motions. I hope they are acceptable.

Please check for typographical errors.

CTC AGM 2021 MOTIONS
COMMENTS WELCOMED
DATE CORRECTED 29/04/2021 21:53:23

Motions x 3

REDUCTION IN THE USE OF LOW PASSENGER CAPACITY IN MOTOR VEHICLES

ORDINARY RESOLUTIONS

That CTC shall:

Encouraging the use of public transport or shared use of motor vehicles to travel to and from venues of CTC events /activities.
Encourage the use of locations, promotion, and marketing of cycle rides, cycling holiday/tours and activities that encourage the use of public transport to travel to and from event/activities.

Proposer’s note: The CTC
One of CTC objectives relates especially to the ‘promote the conservation and protection of the environment. That is negated if the motor vehicle is a single occupation.  This increases a person’s annual carbon footprint and hence contributes to climate change.

Many events and cycle rides at the local level start at locations that are impossible to get to unless a motor vehicle is used, this practise should be reviewed.

The member survey indicated 71% support for ‘Encouraging cycle use to benefit the environment.
WORD COUNT 136

CYCLE CARRIAGE ON TRAINS

ORDINARY RESOLUTIONS

That CTC shall:

•   review Its cycle carriage on trains policy

•   review Its engagement with Local Transport Groups Train Service Providers and National Rail etc

•   encourages local groups to engage directly with community rail partnerships to lobby for better cycle facilities both on trains (including removal of seats to create multi-use flexible space carriages as recently seen in Scotland) and at stations.

•   Engage in partnership with the European Cycling Federation to increase capacity in the UK and the rest of Europe.

We recognise that we need to effectively with influential stakeholder to gain support to reverse the underfunding and the lack of provision since privatization.

Many events and cycle rid0es at local, national, or internal level start at locations it impossible to get to unless air flight and motor vehicle are used to gain access to the start location.

The use of flexible space on trains is a quick, cheap, and easy way to increase capacity that has been recently taken up by Scot Rail
https://www.google.com/search?q=SCOTRAIL+CYCLE+CARRIAGE&newwindow=1&sxsrf=ALeKk036LLrnEDSnYNJQIyATSk4jetn16g:1619588656915&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiEg8_0naDwAhVNiFwKHVuqDjQQ_AUoA3oECAEQBQ&biw=1210&bih=542

WORD COUNT 166

HIGHWAY AGENCY

ORDINARY RESOLUTIONS

That CTC shall:
• seek funding for an officer to engage exclusively with Highway England and similar bodies.

• review its policy on existing major road infrastructure etc and barriers it creates for cycling.

• seek to reduce the effects of existing barriers and seek to prevent the creation of new ones

With every prospect of a major infrastructure scheme that creates a physical barrier to cycling particularly affecting the new cyclist, we need influence planning at an early stage and is very time consuming and mean that it does not get the attention it desired by our hard-working staff.

WORD COUNT 98
Philip Benstead B.Env.Sc. (Hons.), NSI

Independent Cycle Campaigner and Cycle Consultant
DfT accredited BikeAbility Instructor / L3 Mechanic
07949801698 cycling4westminster@gmail.com

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
Re: CTC AGM 2021 MOTIONS x 3
« Reply #1 on: 29 April, 2021, 10:52:02 pm »
Dear Mr Benstead.

People here would be more appreciative of your campaigning efforts if you "checked for typographical errors" yourself. There are pages of threads devoted to the annoyance that not "checking for typographical errors " yourself can cause.

Nevertheless, and in the spirit of advancing your campaigning, please see the following suggestions, and next time, "please check for typographical errors" yourself.

We recognise that we need to effectively engage with influential stakeholders to gain support to reverse the underfunding and the lack of provision since privatization privatisation.

Many events and cycle rid0es rides at local, national, or internal international level start at locations it is impossible to get to unless air flight and /or motor vehicles are used to gain access to the start location.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

Philip Benstead

• Cycling4ALL - say No Bike No Life
« Reply #2 on: 29 April, 2021, 11:17:18 pm »
For the start I do check on spell check and on Grammarly, but I am dyslexic, I do miss things.

I get rather disenchanted with the bizarre comments made on this forum, that only a few people understand.

The contributors to this site need to show tolerance and be polite as shown on the CTC Forum.
You do not need to read my post. 

I assumed most of the contributors on this site are mere keyboard cyclist and never ride a bike in anger or organised a tea party.

My contribution on this forum as custody, the way this site as developed it become irrelevant.

Remember people who live in glass houses.

https://www.google.com/search?q=privatization.&rlz=1C1UKOV_en-GBGB947GB947&oq=privatization.&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2j0i10l2j0j0i30l4.1782j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Dear Mr Benstead.

People here would be more appreciative of your campaigning efforts if you "checked for typographical errors" yourself. There are pages of threads devoted to the annoyance that not "checking for typographical errors " yourself can cause.

Nevertheless, and in the spirit of advancing your campaigning, please see the following suggestions, and next time, "please check for typographical errors" yourself.

We recognise that we need to effectively engage with influential stakeholders to gain support to reverse the underfunding and the lack of provision since privatization privatisation.

Many events and cycle rid0es rides at local, national, or internal international level start at locations it is impossible to get to unless air flight and /or motor vehicles are used to gain access to the start location.
Philip Benstead B.Env.Sc. (Hons.), NSI

Independent Cycle Campaigner and Cycle Consultant
DfT accredited BikeAbility Instructor / L3 Mechanic
07949801698 cycling4westminster@gmail.com

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #3 on: 29 April, 2021, 11:48:21 pm »
Engagement with the the community you are posting in is good; it is nice to see a response.

You posted a proposed motion (or several) to a national charity and asked for comments. I have provided some.

It would not be polite of me to provide the same critique to posts that are not of the above nature. I haven't.

If the above paragraphs (that I suggested improvements could be made upon) passed by Grammarly, and a spell checking program, then I am sorry but the software is not good enough in this instance.

NB. Two can play at Google

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privatization#:~:text=Privatization%20(or%20privatisation%20in%20British,or%20industry%20becomes%20less%20regulated.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick