Author Topic: eternal damnation  (Read 1260 times)

ian

eternal damnation
« on: 21 May, 2021, 08:59:18 pm »
It's going to happen to some of us (I have a list, let me know if you want me to check for your name). The demons downtown in Hell put a lot of thought into the torments and tortures, that's their key to job satisfaction. There's nothing so heartwarming as a damned soul screaming through a well-deserved punishment. Higher and higher. High fives all around. The days of hot pokers up the jacksie are over, it turned out that too many of the damned were actually enjoying it. These days, even an entry-level demon has to be a bit more creative.

As mentioned, Finestre, for instance, invented the open plan office (long before we did, our version is a modestly good copy) as a method of efficient mass torment. There's a lot of backflow from Hell. Sometimes it's useful to think of our little provincial human realm as the beta version of Hell. They test many of their ideas here. Microsoft Windows. Ugg boots. The Conservative Party. Mrs Brown's Boys. Chatham on closing time on a Friday night. The NRA.

Now obviously, killing people is wrong – even if they deserve it – so we shouldn't hasten the process (and if you do, they key is good planning, my friends – a good plan and they'll never find the body). But it's quite possible to submit damnation requests for people you really don't like and quite frankly have it coming. Take our faithless group mascot, Priti Patel (Hell doesn't want her, but since her soul already claimed asylum there, unless they find a subclause, they'll have to take her, Hell is curiously more honest than the Home Office). Shouldn't she be damned to an eternity of immigration paperwork that is forever incomplete and applications that are eternally unsuccessful, forever in the status of standing by and watching herself be deported. Honestly, that one isn't rhetorical, it's already waiting. Fuck it, they'll throw in a few hot pokers on the off-chance.

You have my permission to damn someone. Go on it's satisfying. Even if it's only in your head. People annoying you? Oh, really. It's good to have connections – not to mention an apartment – in Hell.

Re: eternal damnation
« Reply #1 on: 21 May, 2021, 10:14:28 pm »
Is it possible to trace the person who, about this time last year, gifted a recorder and some basic percussion to the 2 year old and 5 year old living next door to me?

Open plan offices might have been a successful early prototype from Finestre, but this particular working from home set-up...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 22 May, 2021, 12:56:42 am »
The Cool Auntie™ would be traditional, wouldn't it?

« Reply #3 on: 22 May, 2021, 08:05:54 am »
If I may dare make such a suggestion.. Social meeja professional ‘influencers’. Or wannabes.
Move Faster and Bake Things

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4 on: 22 May, 2021, 08:10:11 am »
Every driver from the "people who park like fuds" thread.

Whoever thought up celebrity competition/game shows on TV.

The inventor of Auto-Tune.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #5 on: 22 May, 2021, 09:47:05 am »
Whoever came up with the GDPR regulations that give a million pop-ups.

Whoever made train loos that didn't clearly show the sitter whether the door is locked or not.

Designers of car alarms that would go off 30 seconds after locking the car if a door wasn't quite closed.

The cowboys who installed the insulation in our dormer roof.

The specifiers of cycle lane obstruction devices and of pedestrian punishment buttons around here.

Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #6 on: 22 May, 2021, 09:52:52 am »
The inventor of the internal combustion engine - arguably the single thing that has done most damage to our planet and humanity.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #7 on: 22 May, 2021, 10:46:19 am »
Whoever designed the "Easy Open" tags on supermarket items.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #8 on: 22 May, 2021, 11:36:38 am »
The halfwit meter reader from Morrison's Data Services who has just obliged me to learn how to attach a photo to an e-mail on a FruitCo fondleslab after getting the numbers wrong on the meter measuring the contribution of Fort Larrington's solar array to the National Grid.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #9 on: 22 May, 2021, 02:38:22 pm »
The person who invented the "skip" defeat on DVD trailers, copyright notices and other crapware.

Any web designer who inhibits the back button to keep you on their site.

Mark Zuckerberg.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #10 on: 22 May, 2021, 05:16:39 pm »
Zuckerberg is already one of Satan’s little helpers and as such cannot be held to account.
Move Faster and Bake Things

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #11 on: 22 May, 2021, 08:19:25 pm »
Childproof cap designers (although Kim has hacked the in-house units to defeat said evilness).

People who respond to emails with a phonecall (unless that's explicitly asked for)... If I wanted a call, I'd have called. I emailed so I wouldn't have to use tyrannical telephony.

« Reply #12 on: 22 May, 2021, 08:58:36 pm »
If you think I'd wish internal dalmatian on anyone, you're barking up the wrong orifice.