Author Topic: Folding uk plugs  (Read 3747 times)

Re: Folding uk plugs
« Reply #25 on: 14 July, 2021, 01:32:52 pm »

Was just thinking of every hostel I've been in, in the last few years having signs up saying "If your charger looks like this, we'll remove it from the wall and bin it before it bursts into flames and deth" or words to that effect.

Is the picture as per Paul’s link? The best thing to do with those is not touch them.

Re: Folding uk plugs
« Reply #26 on: 14 July, 2021, 03:49:57 pm »
How about something like this https://www.bigbearpromo.co.uk/backpackers-travel-adaptor?gclid=CjwKCAjw_o-HBhAsEiwANqYhp6lKaujIv2lxQV3pNZySfn75dOWT7nOsd7Amtls_gNnAk6GyGAI1ohoCpGoQAvD_BwE

A “universal*” travel adapter. It’s a bit bulkier than a plug but all the prongs fold away.

*it claims to be universal but I can’t vouch for how well it would work on Betelgeuse or Tatooine
They don't make long enough barge-poles for those. Look up Youtube videos about them. BigClive or John Ward have some forthright and uncomplimentary opinions about them.

You may well be safer to poke wires into the holes.

Was just thinking of every hostel I've been in, in the last few years having signs up saying "If your charger looks like this, we'll remove it from the wall and bin it before it bursts into flames and deth" or words to that effect.
When foreigners have turned up with similar adaptors, I've gone to the 13A to C5/C13 mains lead breeding box, selected a suitable one, and donated it to said foreigner, along with advice.
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...