Author Topic: Silverdale - Recommendations or join me for a ride 9-11 Sept  (Read 1298 times)

Silverdale - Recommendations or join me for a ride 9-11 Sept
« on: 06 September, 2021, 08:28:55 am »
I arranged a last minute trip to Silverdale for the end of this week. If you've got recommendations of what to see or where to ride - upto 40 hilly miles.
Or if you are local and want to join me for a ride on 9-11 let me know. I'm ticking off settle - Carlisle railway on Wednesday with travel to silverdale

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Tapatalk

Re: Silverdale - Recommendations or join me for a ride 9-11 Sept
« Reply #1 on: 06 September, 2021, 01:16:08 pm »
We are currently en route to Silverdale anning to leave on Thursday.  No bikes.

There is a Morecambe Bay cycle route and so the opportunity to get the train to/from Silverdale for a one way out towards Barrow-in-Furness.

If you get the opportunity the curry house in Silverdale is excellent.

« Reply #2 on: 06 September, 2021, 04:15:09 pm »
We are currently en route to Silverdale anning to leave on Thursday.  No bikes.

There is a Morecambe Bay cycle route and so the opportunity to get the train to/from Silverdale for a one way out towards Barrow-in-Furness.

If you get the opportunity the curry house in Silverdale is excellent.
Thanks, enjoy the sunshine you picked the perfect time

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: 07 September, 2021, 07:22:39 pm »
We did the curry house last night.  I forgot to mention that you BYOB (the coop is next door) and payment is by cash only.

We intend to have lunch at the Wolf House cafe tomorrow which you will pass as you turn into Gibraltar Farm.

We went to Arnside today and walked along the estuary a while.  It was very hot today.

« Reply #4 on: 07 September, 2021, 11:04:33 pm »
if you're walking , there's a reasonable cafe at the RSPB reserve at Leighton Moss , near Silverdale station and the golf course.

« Reply #5 on: 08 September, 2021, 06:45:51 am »
Leighton Moss appeared busy and they are one of the few places we have seen where the full mask protocol is in practise.  Lots of places playing "chin" service only.

There seemed to be more cyclists than wasps yesterday.  Very popular.