Author Topic: ACME Arrow 2022  (Read 8242 times)

ACME Arrow 2022
« on: 21 October, 2021, 05:28:41 pm »
Is it too early/optimistic to be talking about forming some ACME teams for Easter ?
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Re: ACME Arrow 2022
« Reply #1 on: 21 October, 2021, 06:15:14 pm »
No it's not! I want in as I've still not done one!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #2 on: 21 October, 2021, 06:55:58 pm »
I could be in. Only need to convince myself that it’ll not impact on Italy Divide which starts the following Saturday. But at least I’ll be sure to be at the right fitness level.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #3 on: 21 October, 2021, 07:20:05 pm »
I'm interested.
Good Friday 2022 is 15th April.

felstedrider

« Reply #4 on: 21 October, 2021, 08:15:21 pm »
Tentative.  Not ridden once since the ride I did with Oaky which could well have been 10 years ago.

« Reply #5 on: 21 October, 2021, 10:40:55 pm »
No it's not! I want in as I've still not done one!

You are still registered to the ACME anvils young man.  Maybe we could get the other 2017 Anvils back together - Andyc33333 and the Strangler with a possible substitution of Huggy (the Arrows very own Jonah) for Fandango if we are too slow for him.  We could even reprise our 399k route  :facepalm:

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 22 October, 2021, 07:29:43 am »
 :thumbsup: Planning meeting (pubinar, of course) in January?

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #7 on: 22 October, 2021, 08:06:46 am »
I'm signing Jem up for this, apparently she loves a rainy ride to Huntingdon for a cheap (liquid) pub lunch.

« Reply #8 on: 22 October, 2021, 08:54:41 am »

Wise words from a wise man.

I'm signing Jem up for this, apparently she loves a rainy ride to Huntingdon for a cheap (liquid) pub lunch.

Less wise words from a (slightly) younger man. 

I think you are confusing the rag tag bunch that rode under Jonah's leadership in 2018, and stopped at Huntingdon when the landlady lit a fire for them, with the well-oiled (pun intended) and committed machine that was the 2017 ACME Anvils.

Also, as you well know, the Classic Anvils' Route goes via Shangri-La and not Huntingdon.  I will mark you down as an almost definite unless you declare for one of the fast teams that don't need full wardrobe changes en route.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #9 on: 22 October, 2021, 09:11:26 am »

I think you are confusing the rag tag bunch that rode under Jonah's leadership in 2018, and stopped at Huntingdon when the landlady lit a fire for them, with the well-oiled (pun intended) and committed machine that was the 2017 ACME Anvils.

Also, as you well know, the Classic Anvils' Route goes via Shangri-La and not Huntingdon.  I will mark you down as an almost definite unless you declare for one of the fast teams that don't need full wardrobe changes en route.

I'm not sure I can cope with another 2am clothing meltdown on the floor of a 24 hour garage for 399km, or a night out riding through freezing rain and pig slurry.

I think I might give it a miss, good luck to all.

Bernster

• ACME (Herts Branch)
« Reply #10 on: 22 October, 2021, 09:40:53 am »
I'm a tentative too if there's room - the one I did a few years back was surprisingly incident free, so I suspect I'm now due one with weather/mechanicals etc  :facepalm:

« Reply #11 on: 09 December, 2021, 01:10:25 pm »
As posted in a separate thread, train tickets are now released for the journey back from York. LNER website currently has the functionality to add a bike to the ticket.

Why is this thread not under 'Audax'?

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12 on: 09 December, 2021, 09:43:20 pm »

SO I brought the topic of Shangri-La up in today's management meeting and no one in Brigg knows where it is!  ;D ;D
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #13 on: 11 January, 2022, 05:46:57 pm »
I popped in there on my way to York a few weeks ago.

It suited me and Mrs Shred perfectly as there were, respectively, Greggs and M&S available for our differing catering requirements.  Possibly a bit early in the day for the cabaret etc

More importantly, how are we looking for the ACME Anvils Arrow Team ? 

So far I think we have:
Me
Bobb
AndyC333333333333
Essex Strangler

so there may be room for one more.  Huggy is willing but only if we restrict the route to 100km in total.

« Reply #14 on: 11 January, 2022, 05:58:53 pm »
Well, I'm still in. I'll leave the finer details in your capable hands...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #15 on: 11 January, 2022, 07:15:12 pm »
Do we have sufficient numbers for a third team once more?

Having previously ridden hilly routes, semi-off-road routes, and routes with limited facilities, I’d be happy with a more pampered experience this time.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #16 on: 11 January, 2022, 08:58:16 pm »
Huggy is willing but only if we restrict the route to 100km in total.

I can't quite believe that Huggy won't stretch to the traditional 399km :o

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #17 on: 11 January, 2022, 08:58:59 pm »
Well, I'm still in. I'll leave the finer details in your capable hands...

Like a Lamb to the slaughterer.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #18 on: 11 January, 2022, 09:01:18 pm »

Having previously ridden hilly routes, semi-off-road routes, and routes with limited facilities, I’d be happy with a more pampered experience this time.

Hang on, weren't you responsible for the hilly routes, the off road routes and the routes with limited facilities?

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #19 on: 11 January, 2022, 09:05:50 pm »
I'm rather enjoying how this topic is unfolding.

felstedrider

« Reply #20 on: 11 January, 2022, 09:27:48 pm »

In times of old teams led by me used to have a 3-4hr stop at Mum’s place for dinner, home made cake and a snooze before a night time ride up to the Humber Bridge and on to York.  I’m not sure I am brave enough to ask these days.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #21 on: 11 January, 2022, 09:38:35 pm »

In times of old teams led by me used to have a 3-4hr stop at Mum’s place for dinner, home made cake and a snooze before a night time ride up to the Humber Bridge and on to York.  I’m not sure I am brave enough to ask these days.

You don't want to know!

However, it sounds like your good self and psyclist are the basis of the 3rd ACME team, Pamper yourselves, you deserve it!

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #22 on: 11 January, 2022, 10:24:27 pm »
Having previously ridden hilly routes
You mean that route where we surfed across the Leicestershire wolds to Nottingham, at which point you said "no more hills" and then we had that mountain to climb out of the city?

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #23 on: 11 January, 2022, 10:32:54 pm »
All good "fun", I'm sure. It's such a pity I'm missing out on it this year.

« Reply #24 on: 12 January, 2022, 06:29:07 am »
Having previously ridden hilly routes
You mean that route where we surfed across the Leicestershire wolds to Nottingham, at which point you said "no more hills" and then we had that mountain to climb out of the city?
Technically correct then  ;D

All good "fun", I'm sure. It's such a pity I'm missing out on it this year.
I don’t see how you can say that, when you’ve been stalking an Arrow thread, reminiscing, and just waiting for the opportunity to join your favourite team!