Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 866638 times)

corshamjim

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #1250 on: 17 July, 2011, 03:30:24 pm »
I've ordered a new saddle for the Pashley.

Shhh!   Don't tell anyone.  It's not a Brooks.

http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=10268

« Reply #1251 on: 17 July, 2011, 09:06:46 pm »
Bought roll of spesh roubaix tape for road bike.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

dasmoth

• Techno-optimist
« Reply #1252 on: 18 July, 2011, 09:58:30 am »
A pair of new wheels for the Yukon: off-the-shelf Hope jobbies with Pro3 hubs and Open Pro rims.  Just hoping the rear hub isn't too loud!
Half term's when the traffic becomes mysteriously less bad for a week.

« Reply #1253 on: 18 July, 2011, 01:44:15 pm »
I'm about to take my credit card on a trip to Condor...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #1254 on: 18 July, 2011, 07:56:28 pm »
Put a deposit down on replacement bike for the one that was stolen. :)

Also:-

SJSC (MarSAS handlebar foam padding, Altura pannier rail and clip, leather straps to be able to add things to the Carradice Barley)
Discount Bicycles (Weeride Kangaroo child seat)
Torc-Anchors/TheSquids/Pragmasis (Ground anchor to be mounted on the wall)

Tomorrow I may take a wobble down to my local Evans to buy a rear light and a cafe lock and maybe a nice D-lock if they have any special offers on. That's if my LBS can't do them for a similar price.

« Reply #1255 on: 19 July, 2011, 04:37:23 pm »
Cateye LD-1100 rear light, Abus 1150 combination lock (for cafe stops), Abus Granit 53 USH D-lock and some new bottle cages (one the hackbike snapped and I need two to fit to the new Tempo).

Also remembered to take my CTC membership card to get the 10% discount (at Evans).

« Reply #1256 on: 20 July, 2011, 10:19:09 pm »
Three pairs of socks in the sale.....

....then a pair of wheels which wasn't planned but I noticed how concave the rims were riding to the bike shop.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1257 on: 21 July, 2011, 07:33:59 am »
Vaude silkroad plus rackpack for Alfie - it's great and very roomy!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1258 on: 21 July, 2011, 08:39:40 am »
Oh, I also bought a new recumbent trike a fortnight ago. Details of construction and first impressions can be found on my blog here: http://wp.me/p1BXNZ-5k
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #1259 on: 22 July, 2011, 06:45:30 pm »
"specialized sport tr" touring shoes. there not many to choose from - shimanos too narrow for me, mavic does them and bontrager, but didn't have a chance to try them on. specialized ones are less comfy than lidl shoes i currently use, but once i break them in - should be fine.

CrinklyUncle

• #TCRNo6cap23
« Reply #1260 on: 30 July, 2011, 12:55:43 pm »
N+1 ordered and I will collect it on Monday :) a Trek FX 7.3

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1261 on: 30 July, 2011, 01:19:43 pm »
\o/

Does that make me officially a bad influence?

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #1262 on: 31 July, 2011, 01:53:32 pm »
Yes - a new SRAM chain set and bottom bracket.

Anyone who's accompanied me on rides will at times have heard various "clicking" noises emanating from my crap FSA chain set on the Planet X.  It tightens up on the non drive side with an inner bolt and an outer ring.  However, despite being re-built twice with a new bottom bracket and 2 sets of replacement washers, it still clicks at times.

If it's tightened up too much that it ceases to click, then it creates too much friction.  And if it's too loose, as well as the clicking, then you run the risk of the outer ring loosening off and falling out (as happened to Bruce on the March FNRttC to Southend).

I had been saying when it wears out, I'll replace it, but after rolling through Dunstable today heading home after about 30 miles, I noticed my LBS was open and I thought "Sod it", popped in, and grabbed a bargain.

Edit - and now it's fitted.  Only 80g heavier than the carbon FSA and one little push sends it spinning around in glorious silence.   8)
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #1263 on: 31 July, 2011, 10:47:42 pm »
At the Sem Fed trade display bought some nice Mavic shorts, Mavic gloves and a Sem Fed official jersey (sleeveless version).

« Reply #1264 on: 01 August, 2011, 06:37:04 am »
A Montane Featherlite Velo H2O waterproof jacket.

« Reply #1265 on: 01 August, 2011, 12:00:48 pm »
Sold my old Kona Kilaeua that was sitting in my garage being cannibalised Was going to get some Shimano RT81 shoes, but I got paranoid about breaking the buckle, so went for the cheaper RT31s. I currently have the choice between SPD sandles and my MW80 winter boots. These will fill that gap nicely.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1266 on: 01 August, 2011, 05:13:12 pm »
Two new handbuilt wheels for my Vantage. LX hubs and Snyper rims  :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1267 on: 01 August, 2011, 06:08:08 pm »
A 17T fixed sprocket for Custard The Other Genesis - the only one I have in the bits box is 1/8", and I need 3/32nd. I discovered to my cost that 75" is far too big a gear for me to push all the time, even in York, so I've decided to tone it down to something more sensible.

(I know I could swap the chain over, but I don't have a spare 1/8" chain, either)

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #1268 on: 01 August, 2011, 10:18:46 pm »
popped into my lbs (decathlon) to see if i have any luck exchanging var sprocket remover tool (chainwhip). i've bought it a while ago but used only handful of times, when the chain links fell apart. i didn't have a receipt, but young lady at the till kindly agreed to replace it with a new one. £9.99 saved - top service from decathlon :thumbsup:

gerwinium

• Occasional smug folding bastard
« Reply #1269 on: 02 August, 2011, 10:29:32 pm »
Ordered:

An Ixon lighting set
Some Ergotec adjustable handlebars
Some SPD M324 single-sided pedals

I'm trying to do up my hybrid for longer rides.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1270 on: 03 August, 2011, 02:32:10 am »
A set of BB7s arrived from China this morning.  They are very shiny looking.  But not as good as a baby kitten.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1271 on: 04 August, 2011, 07:47:02 pm »
    From two forumites, today I have purchased:
    • Tubus Logo rack in black (for the commuter)
    • Smica Carbon seatpost (as above)
    • black Brooks Team Pro, Ti (for use on next year's n+1 :facepalm: )

That should keep me from spending any money in the Rapha sale.  I hope.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1272 on: 04 August, 2011, 10:14:36 pm »
I have spent money in the Rapha sale. Only on a cap though as I have a big head and find standard "one size fits all" cycling caps very tight; hopefully a large size Rapha one will be more comfy.

I've also bought a pair of bib-shorts from Evans. Fingers crossed that they actually turn up as they were the last pair in stock, which happened to be my size, so at a hefty discount.

And, kind of cycling related, a roof box and t-bar adapters for my bike racks so we can take my wife's car to PBP rather than mine. Hers has Euro breakdown cover on the manufacturer's warranty, plus doing much more to the gallon than mine, so the overall saving pays for the roof box which will be needed to fit all the family's stuff in once my bike gear has filled the minimal luggage space.

gonzo

« Reply #1273 on: 04 August, 2011, 10:16:03 pm »
FWIW, I find that Asos caps are good for those of us with big heads and are now my standard 'go to' hats.

« Reply #1274 on: 04 August, 2011, 10:52:40 pm »
I may or may not have bought another pair of M520s for an n+1 which hasn't arrived yet  :-X