Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 865302 times)

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #1350 on: 26 August, 2011, 07:20:17 am »
A Merino jersey from Planet X for £20 because the On-One doesn't have pockets.

Thanks padbeat. Just got one myself. Not sure if they are any good ?

They only have Medium and Small left.

Been looking for something for a few month. My Giadana jacket had holes in holes and the zip went. It served me well after 6 + years and I used it on more or less a daily basis. Its binned. :(

« Reply #1351 on: 26 August, 2011, 09:03:40 am »
They're lovely! ;D Nice fit, poss a litle long in the arms, or perhaps they think an XXL cyclist might ave ather different proportions to me (not unreasonably). Nice enough to go to the pub in afterwards too. I'm off to try mine out today.
Allow me to explain through the medium of interpretive dance

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #1352 on: 27 August, 2011, 01:00:18 am »
I can't really afford it but sod it, I've gone and ordered two of those nice stealth-black LS merino jerseys.

And very nice they are too. Probably too warm at the moment but will definitely be welcome as winter draws closer.

I ordered the medium size and they fit perfectly. However, the Italia jersey I ordered the other day was also a medium and it's decidedly snug. I should have remembered that you're supposed to order two sizes up when buying Italian clothing...  :facepalm:

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Snakehips

• Twixt London and leafy Surrey
« Reply #1353 on: 27 August, 2011, 11:17:31 am »
I got a 20" Raleigh Kobo from ebay in surprisingly good condition for one of my granddaughters.
An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?

« Reply #1354 on: 27 August, 2011, 11:39:01 am »
I can't really afford it but sod it, I've gone and ordered two of those nice stealth-black LS merino jerseys.

And very nice they are too. Probably too warm at the moment but will definitely be welcome as winter draws closer.

I ordered the medium size and they fit perfectly.

I've just had the postman bring me three and very nice they are too.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1355 on: 28 August, 2011, 08:09:00 am »
 On holiday and realised I needed new tyres :facepalm:  nextdaytyres came up trumps and delivered :)

Front went on easily enough but five inner tubes later I'm making the walking of shame to the nearest bike shop to have them fit the tyre for me  >:(

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1356 on: 29 August, 2011, 07:23:44 am »
On holiday and realised I needed new tyres :facepalm:  nextdaytyres came up trumps and delivered :)

Front went on easily enough but five inner tubes later I'm making the walking of shame to the nearest bike shop to have them fit the tyre for me  >:(

Feel vindicated as the shop couldn't get it on either.

Now to find out if nextdaytyres returns policy is as their delivery???

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1357 on: 29 August, 2011, 11:51:15 am »
One day last week,while in Cornwall bought one of these*

http://www.probikekit.com/uk/endura-windchill-cycling-gilet.html

& one of these

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLqrymode.a4p?f_ProductID=12869&f_SupersetQRY=&f_SortOrderID=0&f_bct=

from Cycle Logic in Helston.Top shop/serviuce/staff

* in gofasterRed

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1358 on: 03 September, 2011, 08:19:15 am »
Whilst in Settle yesterday I bought:

1 pair of cycling mitts for Mrs T
3M of brake outer
2*brake inners.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #1359 on: 03 September, 2011, 06:49:19 pm »
A couple of Vittoria Cross XN pro tyres arrived yesterday and were fitted and test ridden this morning  :thumbsup:

New Tredz by windy_, on Flickr

« Reply #1360 on: 04 September, 2011, 03:47:07 pm »
Just ordered a couple of Epic batteries from Ay Up. Free shipping during september, which made it less wince inducing.

I'm expecting the flashing function on the batteries to be very wince inducing, will have to angle the lights well down when/if in that mode.

rdaviesb

« Reply #1361 on: 04 September, 2011, 04:06:33 pm »
Northwave GTX winter boots. I am riding this winter, come what may.

« Reply #1362 on: 05 September, 2011, 09:56:15 am »
Planet X titanium skewers (black) since the light bike has a mixed pair.
They're very, err, minimalist ?

groucho

• Humph!!
« Reply #1363 on: 05 September, 2011, 12:08:46 pm »
Snap!
Sabbath titanium skewers in black in a moment of weakness. Also Sabbath bib-shorts that I just know will be too small. I hope my strength returns quickly as I am cycling at the Velodrome, Newport this evening.
Faith, hope and gluttony.........

tiermat

« Reply #1364 on: 09 September, 2011, 10:57:31 am »
Two Schwalbe Big Apple Tyres for the InBred and 3 tubes

the Big Apples are on special offer at Planet-X/On-One at the moment, £24.99 each (in 2.0")
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #1365 on: 09 September, 2011, 11:50:35 am »
A loverly Etxeondo winter jacket on sale at £70 from Paul Hewitt's
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #1366 on: 09 September, 2011, 04:34:07 pm »
Some Spesh Bar Phat tape and a Marathon Plus tyre (in the Tredz sale) for my son's bikes.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1367 on: 09 September, 2011, 04:42:21 pm »
Two Schwalbe Big Apple Tyres for the InBred and 3 tubes

the Big Apples are on special offer at Planet-X/On-One at the moment, £24.99 each (in 2.0")
I go to have a quick peek at the special offers and am assaulted by a link to their prototype Fat Bike. Damn you On-one, damn you all to hell! ;D

(won't stop me getting a Pugsley, but it could mean that bits for sand/snow bikes will become easier to get ...)

tiermat

« Reply #1368 on: 12 September, 2011, 03:44:51 pm »
A bar bag and a top tube bag (the high-5 one I have, somewhere, keeps falling over in use so I have found one on ebay that has 2 pockets and hangs over the top tube, I didn't know you could get them until I saw Deano's)

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1369 on: 12 September, 2011, 03:58:14 pm »
Front and rear racks for Custard The Other Genesis (the front rack being one of those little brake boss mounting platform rack-type things. ideal for lashing a sleeping mat to), plus an Airbone Supernova micro-pump in yellow which, if its any good, will have an orange counterpart at some point in the future.

I'm looking longingly at Ay-Up lights as well ... I will be riding through the winter. Oh yes.

Andyf

• I would engage you in a battle of wits, but it appears you came unarmed.
  • I love my Specialized, and my Specialized loves me
« Reply #1370 on: 12 September, 2011, 08:36:59 pm »
A pair of Schwalbe Ultremo  R.1 from Cycle Surgery £35.99 reduced to.............£22.99  :thumbsup: can't wait to get these babies on my bike!!!!!!!!!!!
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting: "What a ride!" - Brian Davies

essexian

« Reply #1371 on: 13 September, 2011, 06:32:11 am »
After much searching on the interweb and after visits to my three local LBSs without luck, I took myself off to Decathlon near J9 M6 yesterday (failed to mention the trip to my better half for fear of being dragged into IKEA while we were down there) and purchased a set of spd pedal adaptors which make one side of the pedal into flats. I have found over time the further I cycle, the more foot pain I get from the junction between my shoe and pedal. Using these adaptors I hope to have other foot positions so this doesn't happen as much.

tiermat

« Reply #1372 on: 13 September, 2011, 09:26:47 pm »
Finally found some decent full guards for the InBred, trouble is the only place you can get them is in the colonies.

So one transaction in dollars later I am (or will be when they are delivered) the proud owner of a pair of Planet Bike Cascadia 29er fenders mudguards.  Didn't think pink would go down well with the green frame, so have gone for boring black :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1373 on: 13 September, 2011, 10:11:23 pm »
A pair of Durano Plus for Butterfly's plastic bike (just in time, it would seem, as she had an unscheduled deflation incident yesterday), some spare brake blocks, a spare chain (both always handy), some spare connectors for the hub dynamos, and some cable accessories for the Ridgeback, because I have had An Idea TM
Getting there...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1374 on: 15 September, 2011, 01:58:43 pm »
The bike went into auto-pilot as we approached Swinnerton's on the way home from the barber's .It braked,turned left & entered the shop. 8)
So I took advantage of the proximity of the Abus display & bought a "cafe" lock to replace the one I left lost in the pub in St.Keverne.
I must get a roundtoitreturntothepub kit ;)