Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 863784 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #1425 on: 14 October, 2011, 06:57:16 pm »
I got a pair of Ortlieb style panniers bags from the local Lidl for all of £12.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1426 on: 14 October, 2011, 08:06:17 pm »
Bought: One Marathon Plus tyre from Corridori.

Found: Carradice panniers in the cellar :thumbsup:
Getting there...

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #1427 on: 15 October, 2011, 06:49:59 pm »
Managed to drop into Lidl on trip to town to buy new suit for work :sick:. Picked up new pair of shorts, pair of gloves and a set of panniers. As hubner notes above, the panniers cost £12 which seems to me an incredible price but they appear to be reasonably well made. I'll fit them to the Royal tomorrow and go out on a trial run. They'll be just the job when I go off in the summer to seek my fortune, or at least tour outside the county.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #1428 on: 15 October, 2011, 06:52:28 pm »
Got some new black SKS mudguards for Ting Tong...

...and another flag for the recumbent.  I was only after the pole really, so I'll have to find another flag to go on it.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1429 on: 15 October, 2011, 09:30:11 pm »
Wandered into my LBS today to get some spare brake pads. Didn't get them, but got a topeak "Super Chain Tool" instead :facepalm:.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #1430 on: 16 October, 2011, 07:52:13 pm »
On line last night - another pair of gloves and a pair of armwarmers.

Also, failed to buy n+1 road bike from ebay - outbid. Bit of a relief really!

Moose57

• Hippopotamus scandere potest colles
« Reply #1431 on: 16 October, 2011, 07:56:26 pm »
Looking at impending weather, bought on line tonight some bib tights.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1432 on: 16 October, 2011, 09:36:59 pm »
Today:- Back-up Knog lights in case of emergency;

I was quite impressed by the brightness of the front one.  Much better than the previous version, even if you allow for the nice fresh battery.   :thumbsup:

Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #1433 on: 16 October, 2011, 10:10:20 pm »

Whereas I have successfully bought n+1 on eBay and am picking it up near Birmingham on Tuesday! :)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1434 on: 16 October, 2011, 10:20:46 pm »
Whereas I have successfully bought n+1 on eBay and am picking it up near Birmingham on Tuesday! :)

Ooh, I didn't realise it was an n+1.  Spill the beans!  Will it be ridable?  Etc.

« Reply #1435 on: 17 October, 2011, 12:17:46 pm »
Two new black bottle cages to match the new fixie colour, and a Pedros Fixie tool.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1436 on: 17 October, 2011, 12:23:21 pm »
Ronhill tracksters from the huge new Go Outdoors shop in Colchester. Poppy the dog was allowed in with me, even to the changing rooms!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1437 on: 17 October, 2011, 07:18:49 pm »
A pair of dinky wee button rubber band lights. SmallestCub pointed out this morning that he had no lights on his balance bike, and was also most disgruntled that my bike and the Eldest's got left at the lbs on the way to school and his didn't. So when we went to collect mine on the way home we got lights for him, and his seat put up (he really wanted them to do it, not me!) and we went to stroke the carbon bling while we were there:)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1438 on: 19 October, 2011, 10:47:38 am »
Not really bought, I wrote to http://www.supernova-lights.com about my old lights and just received a brand new E3 Pro front and back light for me to play with, now how cool is that ! 
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #1439 on: 19 October, 2011, 02:00:42 pm »

New bike! When I noted the other day that I had been outbid on Ebay it was rather that I had reached the limit of what I was prepared to risk. Returning yesterday evening from a late meeting at work, I checked the listing and found that with 25 minutes to go it was only slightly over budget. So…. I raised my bid and got it for 10% over budget. Normally I would be at a language class on Tuesday evening and would have missed the sale but due to the late meeting…perhaps it’s fate! (Or perhaps I’m a mug who has been manipulated by Ebay)

Anyway, I had decided that my N+1 should be sufficiently different to my existing bikes and was tending towards a modernish road bike.  So, a Cannondale CAAD4 (you’ve bought a what?!) which I hope to pick up the weekend. This will be the first non steel framed bike that I have owned, or for that matter ridden, so I am quite excited about getting it.

« Reply #1440 on: 20 October, 2011, 10:58:53 am »
Cool Juan, hope it's lots of fun :).

I've just ordered a new dynohub front wheel for my winter bike and a cyo to go with it. 8)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

fuzzy

« Reply #1441 on: 20 October, 2011, 01:01:00 pm »
No  :-[

Again.

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #1442 on: 20 October, 2011, 10:38:35 pm »
Not yet purchased though Im thinking about some Mike Giant ski gloves for cycling and matching bar tape.

Should I ? I think the bar tape comes in two forms. Cork & velvet >>>>>>>

Anyone got any ?

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1443 on: 20 October, 2011, 11:27:16 pm »
a set of half clips, for the boy's islabike.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #1444 on: 20 October, 2011, 11:53:58 pm »
 ;D With the help of a friend I have got a Thorn Sherpa frameset that should be with me next week!
Looking forward to building it up to be a Good Expedition tourer and actually USE IT AS SUCH!
I have finally kissed goodbye to motorbikes.  I love Bicycles and Tricycles! :thumbsup:

ETA......... Thanks to Deao and others for rekindling the spark and giving me some motivation.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

« Reply #1445 on: 21 October, 2011, 02:12:27 am »
;D With the help of a friend I have got a Thorn Sherpa frameset that should be with me next week!
Looking forward to building it up to be a Good Expedition tourer and actually USE IT AS SUCH!
I have finally kissed goodbye to motorbikes.  I love Bicycles and Tricycles! :thumbsup:

ETA......... Thanks to Deao and others for rekindling the spark and giving me some motivation.

Great to hear you sounding so enthusiastic about N+1  :thumbsup:
Look forward to seeing pictures.

« Reply #1446 on: 21 October, 2011, 08:00:43 am »
Ordered some replacement Cane Creek SCR5 brake lever hoods on my steel steed from George Hall Cycles on Ebay - these things only seem to last a couple of years before the rubber wears thin :(

While I could have had nearly identical brand new Tektro levers for a only few quid more, I found in the past that George Halls are some of the good guys and wanted to give them business.

Also when the last hoods went, these hoods were not available from anyone in the UK.  So after a whinge at the distributor, I ordered some from the states via Amazon.

Also, it's easier/lazier to slip on new hoods than change the levers

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #1447 on: 21 October, 2011, 10:18:55 am »
New Carradice panniers for the eldest lad. Magic shine headlight for Lady V. Macdonald's bacon roll for me. :thumbsup:

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1448 on: 21 October, 2011, 10:23:58 am »
Not yet, but after this morning's ride in I feel that new brake pads are going to be looming large in my life fairly soon (plus I need to get some spare disc pads for the Surly, so ...)

« Reply #1449 on: 21 October, 2011, 10:45:29 am »
Some blingy new 2012 Centaur Black/Red bits - shifters, mechs and brakes - along with a Chris King MegaExo BB. Oh, and new freehub bodies to convert Kysriums and Hope Pro 3's from Shimano to Campag.

So now just need to sell the Sram bits I took off!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)