Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 864738 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #475 on: 13 October, 2010, 12:02:27 pm »
Well, I changed the spec on the width of the bars on my new Pompino. I wish it would hurry up and be delivered.  I'm quite interested to see these crinkly spacers in the flesh.

Like this

They are unpleasant if you hit your knee against them.

I've got those on the Kaffenback, and I don't think I've ever managed to hit my knee on them.
Actually, it is rocket science.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #476 on: 13 October, 2010, 06:58:20 pm »
I parted with some initial funds to secure n+1

Now waiting for december and new Roberts touring bikey  :D

So, will you need to buy a matching tent to go with it?

« Reply #477 on: 13 October, 2010, 08:20:33 pm »
Well, I changed the spec on the width of the bars on my new Pompino. I wish it would hurry up and be delivered.  I'm quite interested to see these crinkly spacers in the flesh.

Like this

They are unpleasant if you hit your knee against them.

I've got those on the Kaffenback, and I don't think I've ever managed to hit my knee on them.

Oh. I have often managed to cut, graze, or gouge my knees on the headset bolts or crinkle cut spacers on a variety of bikes when climbing out of the saddle.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #478 on: 13 October, 2010, 08:35:16 pm »
Not bought today but my JTek shiftmate widget (to enable Shimergo gearing) arrived from the US today.  :thumbsup: Via customs in the UK who charged me import duty.  >:( Bastards.
a great mind thinks alike

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #479 on: 14 October, 2010, 03:22:53 pm »
My Profile T2+ tribars arrived in the post today, now I'm itching to get home and fit them on the bike.  A Blackburn Mars 1.0 rear light and a new bottom bracket should also be winging their ways to me from Parker as I type - I've been on an autumn spending spree.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #480 on: 14 October, 2010, 03:27:00 pm »
I have still managed to not buy a Hope hub

The adjustable stem arrived yesterday though so hopefully I will be able to play with that at the weekend.  Quiet there at the back.

« Reply #481 on: 14 October, 2010, 03:29:36 pm »
down to market to get a wire brush - found a packet of 6 - 2 nylon, 2 brass, 2 wire, all small enough to fit into nooks and crannies.

£1.50
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #482 on: 14 October, 2010, 11:05:42 pm »
I've been umming and ah-ing over a Topeak Road Morph for my touring bike - getting a Wiggle £5 voucher clinched the deal.

corshamjim

« Reply #483 on: 14 October, 2010, 11:14:04 pm »
I've been umming and ah-ing over a Topeak Road Morph for my touring bike - getting a Wiggle £5 voucher clinched the deal.

Ummm ahh oooh  yeeerrs, that looks nice!  I was only thinking today that maybe I've acquired all the cycling gadgets, gismos and widgets I'll ever need ...  maybe not!  ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #484 on: 14 October, 2010, 11:38:11 pm »
Scored a set of shiny new bar-end shifters on eBay, and ordered some brake levers from CRC, to replace those damaged yesterday.  Reckon I should be okay to ride the 'bent by the time I've got and fitted those.  Upright might take a little longer.

Either way, I'm going to Whitstable next week, even if I have to ride all the way to London through an oil slick and a whole army of rage-infected badgers, dammit.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #485 on: 15 October, 2010, 09:22:21 am »
True Grit.  We'll have to start calling you Rooster Cogburn.
Getting there...

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #486 on: 15 October, 2010, 09:36:25 am »
Some Duranos, which are now fitted.

I'd better cross-post this on the fettling thread.
It is simpler than it looks.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #487 on: 16 October, 2010, 12:14:23 pm »
A pair of 25C Durano Plus arrived in the post this morning. At last! Hurrah!

Thanks, Feline, for the pointer in the direction of Petracycles. Never used them before but will probably use them again.  :thumbsup:

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #488 on: 16 October, 2010, 02:20:38 pm »
Shifters and levers arrived this morning.  The sun's out, my leg hurts: today is fettling day.

Clandy

« Reply #489 on: 16 October, 2010, 06:04:43 pm »
Went a bit spendy today.

A pair of Specialized BG Tahoe mtb shoes. It is unbelievable how comfortable these are. The nearest thing to trainers with cleats I've ever worn!

A Minoura V150 Magturbo trainer. Used it twice today, incredible how much resistance it can give and how quiet it is compared to my old Tacx. I can now hear the radio/TV while training, wonderful!

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #490 on: 16 October, 2010, 06:14:44 pm »
Crud Roadracer Mk2s for the fixed, to avoid sporting a brown stripe up my back all winter.
Klickflix adapter so that I can go shopping on the fixed bike when I want to, without sullying it with (shudder) panniers.
A Brixton Cycles cap, to fly the flag for a great LBS.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #491 on: 16 October, 2010, 06:32:35 pm »

A Brixton Cycles cap, to fly the flag for a great LBS.

Another good call
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #492 on: 16 October, 2010, 08:17:50 pm »
dhb Pace Roubaix Tight from Wiggle.  Actually ordered on Friday afternoon and delivered this morning before noon.

Lycra Man

• SR 2011, 2012 & RRTY
« Reply #493 on: 16 October, 2010, 09:09:53 pm »
Popped into Decathlon Surrey Quays on Wednesday, and bought 2 x bib shorts @ £15.99, 1 x arm warmers, 1 x leg warmers and 1 x track mitts. Total was £58.00 or so.

Got the leg warmers home and on putting them on for first ride realised I had two left legs (that is, two left leg warmers). My own legs are fine. Matched pair, don't you know. Contacted them about returns, and sent them back today.

Otherwise amazed by very good value of bib shorts. Notgtested over any length of ride yet, but look anf feel lovey.

Lycra Man

« Reply #494 on: 17 October, 2010, 12:27:27 am »
No purchase (yet) but I spent about an hour talking yukons with Paul Smith today and will take a similar look at the september Sunday afternoon.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #495 on: 21 October, 2010, 11:12:05 am »
Just ordered a pair of Madison Shield Protec roubaix tights from Petracycles. Good price. Fingers crossed, they might even arrive in time for tomorrow's FNRttC...

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #496 on: 21 October, 2010, 04:04:17 pm »
Well I just bought three Accu-Chek Glucometers, one for home, one for work, and one for the bike!
Actually, it is rocket science.

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #497 on: 21 October, 2010, 05:25:49 pm »
I returned a Mavic A317 Disc to Chain Reaction Cycles.

It was dirty and had been used.  The give away were the tyre marks inside the rim.  I probably would not have noticed if someone had bothered to wipe away the dust and finger prints and marks left by sticky labels.

Possibly it had only been used for photographing tyres.  I should have been told and the rim should have been cleaned.

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #498 on: 22 October, 2010, 04:56:33 pm »
I ordered two Mavic A317 Disc rims from Bike24.  I had planned to buy one locally but LBS's phone was engaged the several times I rang it so I could not check if they had it or not.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #499 on: 22 October, 2010, 05:51:22 pm »
A pair of Crud RoadRacer MKII mudgaurds for the Trek (actually mrs. jogler bought them for me) :smug: