Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 863763 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #575 on: 13 November, 2010, 08:08:00 pm »
I am tempted to start saving for a camera.  I'm fed up of the shit we have to put up with.

As it is, I ordered some cable & heatshrink for Butterfly's lighting (as recommended by Kim, so it must be good :) )
Getting there...

« Reply #576 on: 13 November, 2010, 09:44:48 pm »
I just put in an order for some Michelin Pro 3 Races (in red of course!) from ChainReaction, at £22-49 each, which seems like good deal.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #577 on: 13 November, 2010, 09:46:15 pm »
I just put in an order for some Michelin Pro 3 Races (in red of course!) from ChainReaction, at £22-49 each, which seems like good deal.

Nice tyres, I have them on my Planet X. That is a good price for them.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #578 on: 13 November, 2010, 09:57:01 pm »
ChainReaction are doing them at £24-99 for 3 or more, and with the 10% discount I can currently get, that's another £2-49 off.

If you don't mind having them in Tobacco Digital Blue (I'm not sure if they're folding), you can get them for £17-98 each! (possibly plus another 10% off, if you can get that).

« Reply #579 on: 13 November, 2010, 09:58:50 pm »
Have just ordered an Topeak Road Morph from Wiggle with the help of a £5 voucher they emailed me for not buying anything recently.

Fed up of riding on a soggy 60psi tyre after faerie incidents as that's all I can manage with my current on-bike pump.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #580 on: 13 November, 2010, 10:04:04 pm »
A cheap track pump (or even better, an expensive track pump!) is a good idea for such events.  I've often been too knackered after a day at work to pump a tyre up to full pressure, so have waited until I got home to pump them back up all the way.

Of course, with modern decent bomb tyres on the commuter, that's luckily a rarity anyway.

« Reply #581 on: 13 November, 2010, 10:38:20 pm »
Oh I have a track pump at home and check the tyres every morning before I set off. Normally deflate them and refill as not sure about the gauge accuracy when attaching to a 'full' tyre.

Just don't like having to ride any distance after a puncture (whilst out and about) on 60psi, whilst I've been fine so far I find myself continually worrying about dinking the rim on something and I'm sure it's harder work even if it is all in my mind.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #582 on: 13 November, 2010, 10:41:21 pm »
Well bought a karrimor cycling jacket and a couple of frames.

Just done an order with chain reaction and gone through one with parker international.

Hopefully that means I have enough bit to piece together a couple of bikes to sell to the masses but no idea how it will sell this month.

« Reply #583 on: 16 November, 2010, 06:32:26 pm »
Some 700C×32 Schwalbe Marathon Supremes for my spare tyres pile, from ChainReaction, since they just sent me an email telling me they're in stock.  Hopefully I'll have beaten the rush!

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #584 on: 16 November, 2010, 11:43:17 pm »
2 little flashy rear lights for extra visibility and one of the last remaining Brooks L'Eroica woollen cycling jerseys left in the wild.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Simonb

« Reply #585 on: 17 November, 2010, 09:11:34 pm »
- SKS mudguards (black)
- New wheel build "Ambrosio Excellight SSC"

From Harry Rowland's shed.

« Reply #586 on: 18 November, 2010, 11:21:13 pm »
Yesterday I bought a 1990's Peugeot Equipe bike.
Great bike in good condition, hardly used, a grey and pink frame. 50 quid  ;D
Will post some pictures in Members bikes over the weekend

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #587 on: 18 November, 2010, 11:27:42 pm »
A Mars Click rear light, and a pretty cool Belgian-style winter cap with earflaps. Sunday looks to be below 10 deg C so review next week!

« Reply #588 on: 19 November, 2010, 12:14:46 am »
Something was delivered to the neighbours whilst I was at work, but I don't think they'll appreciate me knocking on their door at this time. ;D

« Reply #589 on: 19 November, 2010, 03:07:18 pm »
Wiggle parcel arrived with some Defeet woolie socks and a spare Garmin cadence/speed sensor for my turbo trainer bike which is not yet in working order.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #590 on: 19 November, 2010, 04:27:24 pm »
Some 26" inner tubes, after the catastrophic failure of what turned out to be my last spare while crammed into a 700c tyre yesterday.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #591 on: 19 November, 2010, 05:30:09 pm »
I totally splurged today. After moaning about cheap DHB kit and putting an SR series in my diary I went and got some Assos shorts, oh, and a winter glove set. My god, I'm skint now.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #592 on: 19 November, 2010, 05:47:01 pm »
Something was delivered to the neighbours whilst I was at work, but I don't think they'll appreciate me knocking on their door at this time. ;D

It turned out to be four separate parcels, from three different delivery companies, only one of which had actually bothered to put a card through my door. :-\

Anyway, two separate deliveries of tyres from ChainReaction and Wiggle, a rather nice Topeak bike stand, and some FiberFix emergency repair spokes from Jenson USA.

« Reply #593 on: 19 November, 2010, 07:40:24 pm »
1 new spoke. I hope that I got the right measurements etc.

« Reply #594 on: 21 November, 2010, 08:30:07 am »
1 new spoke. I hope that I got the right measurements etc.

... and some FiberFix emergency repair spokes from Jenson USA.

You can always borrow one of mine. ;D

« Reply #595 on: 21 November, 2010, 09:33:27 am »
Well in the past week - Midge bars, o/s stem to fit said bars, pair of Conti ultra sports, selle anatomica saddle and some Marathons...got my eye on a frame or two on t'bay....Must sell some more stuff so I can buy new  ;)

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #596 on: 25 November, 2010, 04:57:38 pm »
Just bought an EBC trailer.

I might have also arranged for a Winter hack n+1.  :-[

Well, it was just sat there, looking lonely.

« Reply #597 on: 25 November, 2010, 06:10:35 pm »
A set of Sainsburys Silicone Kid's Utensils.  I reckon the spoon and spatula are perfect for cycle camping, non-scratch (for my non-stick pans), and small and lightweight.

I'm not sure what to do with the brush thing, which is presumably for basting roasts and similar.  Not something I'm likely to need camping.

« Reply #598 on: 25 November, 2010, 07:49:16 pm »

I'm not sure what to do with the brush thing, which is presumably for basting roasts and similar.  Not something I'm likely to need camping.

Give it to Talisker as a toy.

« Reply #599 on: 25 November, 2010, 08:04:28 pm »
Bought some thermal socks from Marks.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain