Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 864788 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #825 on: 03 March, 2011, 05:21:18 pm »
A Charge Spoon saddle, a pair of Altura crochet mitts, a couple of narrow Bontrager inner tubes, and three spokes.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #826 on: 03 March, 2011, 06:55:27 pm »
Finally got hold of a nelson long flap after 3 months. Thank you Christine.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #827 on: 03 March, 2011, 06:57:04 pm »
A Carradice Super C handbar bag  ;D
It matches my Super C Barley (which is a Sue)

« Reply #828 on: 03 March, 2011, 06:57:54 pm »
A Pixeo.  ;D

Along with two dozen other YACFers.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #829 on: 03 March, 2011, 08:52:11 pm »
Some new pedals, as the retaining part on the float adjustment had dropped off, meaning I couldn't clip in on one side.  Plus a couple of new tyres and a set of mudguards.   :o
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #830 on: 03 March, 2011, 09:50:44 pm »
Not bought, but got given 4 buff-a-likes for me and the Cubs and Dearly_Beloved to shared between us.  But I might adopt them all :)

« Reply #831 on: 04 March, 2011, 04:03:30 pm »
Postie just arrived with a Parks Tools 'the Big Blue Book', a spare gear cable to go in my saddlebag and a summer weight buff :)

I am going to read up on further fettling skillz.

essexian

« Reply #832 on: 04 March, 2011, 04:22:21 pm »
I do not need new wheels for the MTB…. I do not need new wheels for the MTB…. I do not need new wheels for the MTB…..

I never ride it (only once since Christmas) and thus, new wheels would be pointless. And I have my cars MOT coming up….

No, I do not need new wheels for the MTB…..

Yes, just ordered them. Well, they were half price…. Who needs a car???

corshamjim

« Reply #833 on: 04 March, 2011, 06:08:13 pm »
Today, these inexpensive panniers arrived - they're a birthday present from my wife Claire so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I get my grubby hands on them.  Seeing as they were so cheap, I persuaded Claire also to get me the matching handlebar bag (all in red).

Panniers: RCP WP100 carrier bags  of Red Cycling Products cheap order at the bikester.co.uk online shop with fast shipping and RCP WP100 carrier bags dealer discount. Buy cheap via mail order at out bicycle online store
Handlebar bag: RCP WP100 Pro handlebar bag  of Red Cycling Products cheap order at the bikester.co.uk online shop with fast shipping and RCP WP100 Pro handlebar bag dealer discount. Buy cheap via mail order at out bicycle online store

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #834 on: 04 March, 2011, 06:13:01 pm »
A Carradice Super C handbar bag  ;D
It matches my Super C Barley (which is a Sue)

Mine's a Sue too :thumbsup:.

I've had deliveries from Parker and CRC: tyres, tubes, cassette. Fettling this w/e ;D
Pen Pusher

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #835 on: 05 March, 2011, 06:37:46 pm »
A new jacket after my old one disintegrated in the wash  Some inner tubes because i realised i don't have any spares for my 29er  the spare i had was too narrow  and come cone spanners.

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #836 on: 06 March, 2011, 06:41:25 pm »
Yesterday we went to Manchester were I took the opportunity to visit the Harry Hall cycle emporium where I bought mudguards ,a bottle cage and a brake cable .I also drooled over some very nice bikes.

« Reply #837 on: 08 March, 2011, 10:12:43 am »
What jacket did you get, I am after a recumbent friendly one that keeps you dry even though there is a small lake on the tum.

A new jacket after my old one disintegrated in the wash  Some inner tubes because i realised i don't have any spares for my 29er  the spare i had was too narrow  and come cone spanners.
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #838 on: 08 March, 2011, 10:31:16 am »
Today, these inexpensive panniers arrived - they're a birthday present from my wife Claire so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I get my grubby hands on them.  Seeing as they were so cheap, I persuaded Claire also to get me the matching handlebar bag (all in red).

Panniers: RCP WP100 carrier bags  of Red Cycling Products cheap order at the bikester.co.uk online shop with fast shipping and RCP WP100 carrier bags dealer discount. Buy cheap via mail order at out bicycle online store
Handlebar bag: RCP WP100 Pro handlebar bag  of Red Cycling Products cheap order at the bikester.co.uk online shop with fast shipping and RCP WP100 Pro handlebar bag dealer discount. Buy cheap via mail order at out bicycle online store

They look brilliant! Please let us know what the quality etc is like, I might grab some myself :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #839 on: 08 March, 2011, 01:58:22 pm »
Yee Ha!

Wiggle have just announced that my Oval Stem has been despatched.  It's quite a rare beast (not in their 2011 catalogue) suggested by Biggsy.

Well done to both!
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #840 on: 08 March, 2011, 04:46:59 pm »
My glue gun arrived from a fleabay seller today with a whole bunch of glue sticks. This might be overkill just to fill my cleat bolts  ;D
Now what else can I glue together ...  :demon:

« Reply #841 on: 08 March, 2011, 05:03:21 pm »
Hope Hed Doctor (in red, who cares if it doesn't match), plus a set of headset spacers.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Clandy

« Reply #842 on: 08 March, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »
Ordered a nice Livestrong top.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #843 on: 08 March, 2011, 06:43:22 pm »
Well, I actually got it yesterday.... but I now own one of these.

I find this slightly odd.

corshamjim

« Reply #844 on: 09 March, 2011, 07:46:33 am »
They look brilliant! Please let us know what the quality etc is like, I might grab some myself :)

I've made a note in my diary to remember to do that - I won't get them until 25th.  By all means remind me if I forget.

corshamjim

« Reply #845 on: 09 March, 2011, 12:26:53 pm »
Ordered a nice Livestrong top.

Thanks for the tip - I just bought a pair of Karrimor shoes and a Craghoppers fleece from M&M.

Today I also heard my new wheel with SA 3-speed hub has been despatched from SJSC.  At last after a lot of faffy fettling I should hopefully get my Pashley back on the road tomorrow.

« Reply #846 on: 09 March, 2011, 05:07:42 pm »
I got my new Alpkit headtorch from the PO this morning.
It's not purely a cycling bit of kit but that's mostly when I'll be wearing it.
First impressions are favourable.
My previous, cheap Ebay headtorch came off worse during a coming together with a "not quite open" garage door.

clifftaylor

• Max - "make mine a Beophar Hairball Paste please"
« Reply #847 on: 09 March, 2011, 05:30:12 pm »
A Hope hed doctor expander bung thingy, with a nice red top cap. It's very well made, but I have sent them an email suggesting that instructions would be a good idea  - there are plenty of people around who think the these devices hold something in place.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #848 on: 10 March, 2011, 05:39:05 pm »
Spokes for HK's MTB front wheel, some pedals and a couple of meaningless but interesting things.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #849 on: 10 March, 2011, 06:22:07 pm »
3 more spare tubes and 3 pairs of Kool Stop salmon brake pads. 4 of these are to go straight onto the Sabbath then 2 will be spares.