Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 865538 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #1000 on: 09 May, 2011, 08:40:26 pm »
Carradice Barley (black) arrived today...just need to work out how to fit it.

I've got one of those too! Currently fitted to my non brooks road bike using the Carradice SQR system, but that is rather heavy and bulky, so I'll see about fettling something up!   :thumbsup:

Do let me know if you figure it out. I'm looking at the Bagman Quick Release.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1001 on: 09 May, 2011, 08:57:39 pm »
80s vintage Gazelle Champion Mondial, in very good condition, for not very much at all.  Now I just have to buy everything else...
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

corshamjim

« Reply #1002 on: 09 May, 2011, 09:24:29 pm »
Do tell .. what are you planning for 'everything else'?

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1003 on: 09 May, 2011, 09:47:01 pm »
Weeeell, I'm not going to be making any use of the dérailleur hanger, I know that.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

corshamjim

« Reply #1004 on: 09 May, 2011, 09:48:26 pm »
 :thumbsup:

« Reply #1005 on: 10 May, 2011, 12:40:50 am »
Nitto Randos ordered this morning to go on the Holdsworth.

« Reply #1006 on: 10 May, 2011, 11:50:36 am »
My Wiggle parcel arrived with:

Carradice Super C  panniers
QR clips to go with them
Tubus rack
Some toe straps (for luggage)
Carradice Bagman expedition support
Koolstop Salmon brake pads

;D
My Carradice Camper longflap is on back order.
The panniers look really nice and go well with my super C Barley and super C bar bag, I have a matching set  ;D
They do feel quite heavy even when empty though. My new camping gear is so small I might actually only need to use one pannier unless I am away for a week or so. I am considering going to the Sem Fed with my local CTC group which is why I decided to get panniers as well as my more streamlined Camper Longflap set up.

« Reply #1007 on: 10 May, 2011, 01:54:57 pm »
Got Barbara a new style seat cover for her trike from Kevin (of D-tek fame) He achieved the fastest EVER  delivery time from putting phone down in the morning to delivery late afternoon.
     Is it a plane, is it a bird, nope its Super Kevin (sorry  :facepalm:)
                                        ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #1008 on: 10 May, 2011, 04:57:04 pm »
that should be in the terrible jokes thread  :facepalm:  ;D
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #1009 on: 10 May, 2011, 05:17:04 pm »
Yes, indeed, I thought it might be a bit to (f)punny for this thread but hey (ouch, double ouch)  :o
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #1010 on: 10 May, 2011, 11:03:58 pm »
New big ring, new chain, topeak tri bag, some nuun tablets, some wheels from rose.de (A319 LX / LX dynohub), rim tape, cassette removing pin/nut thing & chainwhip, iq cyo, couple of spare seat bolts. Hopefully, that lot will see me through the next few months.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1011 on: 11 May, 2011, 12:36:51 am »
A couple of pairs of Aldi mitts.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1012 on: 11 May, 2011, 12:44:24 am »
A couple of pairs of Aldi mitts.

Kim, is Aldi the one on the Brissle Road, near you?  (I always get confused between Aldi and Lidl and rock up at the wrong one)

And were there any left?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #1013 on: 11 May, 2011, 08:03:36 am »

Kim, is Aldi the one on the Brissle Road, near you?  (I always get confused between Aldi and Lidl and rock up at the wrong one)

[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1014 on: 11 May, 2011, 01:30:38 pm »
Kim, is Aldi the one on the Brissle Road, near you?  (I always get confused between Aldi and Lidl and rock up at the wrong one)

And were there any left?

That's the one, yes.

A fairly reasonable selection of mitts as of yesterday evening: I was able to bag a couple of pairs of medium in BLACK after sifting through several of size large in assorted colours, so you're probably in luck.

Not so much of the other stuff, unless you're after a cheesy cable lock (of which they had many), a set of cheapo blinkies or 406 Schrader inner tubes.  Oh and helmets, lots of helmets.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #1015 on: 11 May, 2011, 08:40:01 pm »
I won some vintage touring shoes on ebay  :thumbsup:

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #1016 on: 11 May, 2011, 10:11:25 pm »
Oh - and a 'campag' cotton cap and some old style shoe cleats for toeclips and straps - the outfit for L'eroica is complete :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1017 on: 12 May, 2011, 08:37:07 am »
You will certainly look the part. 
Getting there...

« Reply #1018 on: 12 May, 2011, 04:27:14 pm »
Kryptonite Kryptoflex cable, which I shall deploy together with my mini d-lock when on tour.

« Reply #1019 on: 12 May, 2011, 05:23:19 pm »
Some Fizik gel bar tape so I can fettle my Sabbath bars and levers today.

A 26T TA chain ring for my Fuji. I want to use this bike as my commuter but the current 30T is not a low enough gear for the lumpy bit in the middle of the route (Cheddar Gorge and the Mendips). The 26T should give me a great gear range as well as making it possible to use that bike for a spot of touring now I have my Panniers and camping gear  :thumbsup:

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #1020 on: 13 May, 2011, 12:04:27 pm »
Surprisingly I did buy some cycling kit today!
I had actually popped into Aldi to see if they had any Household Ammonia for making WMDs for adding a few drops to my fish tank (sans fish) to get the bacteria filter up and running.

No household ammonia, but they did seem to have some cycling stuff left!  Came away with two pairs of mitts, one red, one blue to match the aldi cycling jerseys I bought a few years ago (1 blue, one red). The gloves  are surprisingly more comfy than my other more expensive pair!

Also came away with an ultralight cycling jacket, probably no where near rain resistant, but it'll probably do as an emergency wind proof layer.  Folds up nice and small!

Also a new Bikemate branded Bicycle Computer, loads of functions on it, and nice and cheap!

:thumbsup:

« Reply #1021 on: 13 May, 2011, 12:09:16 pm »
Somehow I managed to lose my best fitting mitts between taking them off the washing line on Wednesday and looking for them today to pack for the BCM. I could find my son's mitts and my not-so-good ones that I washed at the same time  ???

So I ended up riding to the LBS to pick up a new pair (tried on lots, ended up with an updated version of the Spec BG Gel ones I've used for ages), which I wore home and have now just given a wash to soften them up a bit and get rid of some of the black bits that were making my white bar tape grubby.

« Reply #1022 on: 13 May, 2011, 01:24:19 pm »
My new Spec BG Comp (womens) mitts arrived in the post today  :thumbsup:

Also my Sea-to-Summit silk sleeping bag liner and an elastic camping washing line. I'm just about fully prepared now for a first cycle camping effort at some point!

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1023 on: 13 May, 2011, 01:27:38 pm »
Since my wife is has now put a hanging basket on my workstand (OK to be fair my workstand was the bracket for a hanging basket, I've just bought a new workstand

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1024 on: 13 May, 2011, 02:12:50 pm »
No household ammonia, but they did seem to have some cycling stuff left!  Came away with two pairs of mitts, one red, one blue to match the aldi cycling jerseys I bought a few years ago (1 blue, one red). The gloves  are surprisingly more comfy than my other more expensive pair!

I'm a big fan of Aldi mitts.  They do the job just fine, and at 3 quid a pair you can happily abuse them with your zero-tolerence cleaning method of choice and bin them when they start to disintegrate.   :thumbsup: