Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 851367 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #1225 on: 08 July, 2011, 04:36:01 pm »
The Son 28 disc arrived this morning, truly a beautiful item. Actually gasped when opening the box,
just pure bike pooRn! Almost a shame to have it built into a wheel.....Awaiting arrival of the shimano m756 6 blot freehub.

Frere

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1226 on: 09 July, 2011, 04:32:43 pm »
Not personally, but I just took a little trip to the corner shop with the CrinklyAuntie.

N+1 will have its (free) mudguards, bottle cage and bike computer fitted and be ready to collect on Monday.

\o/

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1227 on: 09 July, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »
Not personally, but I just took a little trip to the corner shop with the CrinklyAuntie.

N+1 will have its (free) mudguards, bottle cage and bike computer fitted and be ready to collect on Monday.

\o/
It's only n+1 by proxy ;)
What did she decide on?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #1228 on: 09 July, 2011, 05:22:34 pm »
A 48t chainring, a couple of BBs, a cassette, a chain, a SQR system and a couple of Klickfix bits.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #1229 on: 09 July, 2011, 05:40:54 pm »
Needed a bar end cap. Went to LBS no caps - strewth!
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1230 on: 09 July, 2011, 06:08:36 pm »
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

CrinklyAuntie

• aka Auntie Cake and The Sheriff of Christmas
« Reply #1231 on: 09 July, 2011, 08:25:56 pm »

\o/
What did she decide on?

It is a Trek 7.2 FX WSD and it has put a big smile on my face today :)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1232 on: 09 July, 2011, 08:32:56 pm »

\o/
What did she decide on?

It is a Trek 7.2 FX WSD and it has put a big smile on my face today :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And thus the descent into serious bike riding begins....

She's a bad effluence that sister of yours :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #1233 on: 12 July, 2011, 07:18:55 pm »
Handlebars, a cap, some chamois cream and a couple of inner tubes.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #1234 on: 12 July, 2011, 07:51:22 pm »
Wiggle parcel arrived with:

Easton drop bars and stem for my Fuji conversion from hybrid.
Another nice Lezyne pump since I've been nicking the Fuji's white one for the Sabbath since it's such a good and tiny pump.
Frame pump for my son's new (to him) retro road bike.
Caffeinated energy gels to try, possibly for PBP.
Moar Assos arse cream.
Assos arse healing cream (this better be good for £15, but I won't find out probably until PBP).
New SRAM chain for my Sabbath (current one has now done over 4k miles).

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1235 on: 12 July, 2011, 08:34:02 pm »
Which Easton bars?  Ergo?
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #1236 on: 12 July, 2011, 11:12:56 pm »

Yep, the ergo ones, they look very nice, and are virtually the same as my Sabbath's ones :)

« Reply #1237 on: 13 July, 2011, 10:42:15 am »
I must be having a bike-bits-fest this week.
This morning my Spesh Bar Phat tape and Shimano 105 triple levers arrived. I have all the bits to do my Fuji's bars now. There will be a few fettle-firsts involved in this process for me though  :-\

Another parcel from Carradice, my new camper longflap. It's a Debby! It looks a perfect size for lightweight camping. I got fed up of waiting for Wiggle to get it in stock after 8 weeks and I need it for the Dun Run so had ordered it from Carradice on Monday. Very fast service  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1238 on: 13 July, 2011, 10:55:03 am »
Well, I actually bought it yesterday, but I was too busy playing with it and then watching the TdF highlights on the pooter to get round to reporting it here: I have just bought a second hand flat-barred Hewitt Cheviot.

I rode it to work this morning and it is a delight: no more sluggish, it seems, than my usual commuting bike, but it will need a few further tweaks to get it ready for the DunRun and future tours.  Handlebars have been cut down slightly too much for my taste, so the outer edges of my palms press against the bar ends, and there's a bit of very slight unhappiness in the drivetrain that I will need to diagnose. 

But the Mahura HS11 brakes are a joy to use.  It'll be interesting to see how they work when the bike's loaded up and I can get it to the top of a decent hill.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1239 on: 13 July, 2011, 11:42:57 am »
Well, I actually bought it yesterday, but I was too busy playing with it and then watching the TdF highlights on the pooter to get round to reporting it here: I have just bought a second hand flat-barred Hewitt Cheviot.

I rode it to work this morning and it is a delight: no more sluggish, it seems, than my usual commuting bike, but it will need a few further tweaks to get it ready for the DunRun and future tours.  Handlebars have been cut down slightly too much for my taste, so the outer edges of my palms press against the bar ends, and there's a bit of very slight unhappiness in the drivetrain that I will need to diagnose. 

But the Mahura HS11 brakes are a joy to use.  It'll be interesting to see how they work when the bike's loaded up and I can get it to the top of a decent hill.

I've got a little used (<100 miles) flat bar in teh shed if you're interested

« Reply #1240 on: 13 July, 2011, 01:54:12 pm »
That's v kind PaulF.  As it happens, I have a japanese (possibly nitto) bar in a fetching metallic brown on my Mezzo, and I think I might use that, and put the original risers back on the Mezzo.

« Reply #1241 on: 13 July, 2011, 09:40:12 pm »
Pair of Avid BB7 calipers, pads, bolts and 160mm G2 rotor discs, from an eBay shop.

Gore sealed brake cable system from Wiggle.

B&M IQ Cyo Senso Plus, aluminum retro look, D Toplight Plus LED rear from Bike24.

Now to decide which pair of tyres to get - Marathon Racer or Supreme...AND what size....decisions...decisions....

Holding off on B&M eWerk and cache battery for now, too spendy and questions about its utility with an iPhone 4.

Holding off on a cheap functional steel trekking/touring frame for now - need to investigate OLN and drop outs further.

Frere

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1242 on: 13 July, 2011, 10:47:11 pm »

Yep, the ergo ones, they look very nice, and are virtually the same as my Sabbath's ones :)

Have those on my Madison.  Very comfortable.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1243 on: 14 July, 2011, 09:24:19 am »
Frustratingly, Butterfly's new wheel (which we wanted for the weekend) seems to have arrived, and been delivered next door (our neighbours are very kind and helpful in this respect).  Sadly, they seem to have been out last night, so I didn't get a chance to fit it :(
Getting there...

« Reply #1244 on: 14 July, 2011, 08:09:41 pm »
Highly recommend the Supremes, very resistant to the charms of the fairy that must not be named
                                     ;)

Pair of Avid BB7 calipers, pads, bolts and 160mm G2 rotor discs, from an eBay shop.

Gore sealed brake cable system from Wiggle.

B&M IQ Cyo Senso Plus, aluminum retro look, D Toplight Plus LED rear from Bike24.

Now to decide which pair of tyres to get - Marathon Racer or Supreme...AND what size....decisions...decisions....

Holding off on B&M eWerk and cache battery for now, too spendy and questions about its utility with an iPhone 4.

Holding off on a cheap functional steel trekking/touring frame for now - need to investigate OLN and drop outs further.

Frere

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #1245 on: 14 July, 2011, 08:14:11 pm »
just had a quick visit to Chain Reaction, am defixilating my other road frame because I've not been using it enough on one cog and the only thing I cant find in the garage is the cable guide.. 

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #1246 on: 14 July, 2011, 11:08:26 pm »
elite maxi cincio 1l bidon..

billplumtree

• Plumbing the well of gitness
« Reply #1247 on: 17 July, 2011, 01:49:11 pm »
I've Embraced The Orange ((c) Interzen) and acquired Adrian, who is one of these

with the requisite orange saddle and correct number of gears

Even comes with washing instructions

which is probably why he's still immaculate.  Ta very much to his previous owner, bumper of this parish, for taking such good care of him   :thumbsup:

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1248 on: 17 July, 2011, 01:55:07 pm »
I've Embraced The Orange ((c) Interzen) and acquired Adrian, who is one of these

Welcome, brother :)
Yellow (the colour of the 2011 Day One 'cross) would also have been acceptable.

I like the colour-coordinated bar-end plugs. The saddle, not so much (the first thing to go on OrangeGina was the godawful stock saddle).

Hmm. I feel a 'themed' ride plan brewing ;D

« Reply #1249 on: 17 July, 2011, 02:28:28 pm »
Glad it went to a good home Bill  :thumbsup:

Now go and ride it, it's got guards on  ;D
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert