Author Topic: Frozen shoulder...  (Read 11790 times)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Re: Frozen shoulder...
« Reply #50 on: 23 April, 2021, 03:01:39 pm »
What are the symptoms that you have had as a frozen shoulder.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #51 on: 24 April, 2021, 08:45:57 pm »
Anyone?

Am asking as Naproxen isn't doing much but paracetamol seems to do better at pain reduction. Also this is no name paracetamol ;)

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
« Reply #52 on: 23 September, 2022, 04:05:45 pm »
Is frozen shoulder when you don't have full movement in your arms? I seem to have something like this for the last 5 months and it's both my shoulders!

« Reply #53 on: 23 September, 2022, 07:26:22 pm »
I had frozen shoulders years ago - both but at different times. Technically they were Rotator Cuff injuries - bloody painful themselves, but the ineffective treatments were almost as bad.
After all those years I still haven't regained full movement.
Sorry for the bad news.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #54 on: 23 September, 2022, 10:28:06 pm »
Rotator cuff injury does not equal frozen shoulder. Totally different pathology. Like saying a motorbike and bicycle are the same because they both have two wheels.

« Reply #55 on: 24 September, 2022, 05:36:49 am »
Rotator cuff injury does not equal frozen shoulder. Totally different pathology. Like saying a motorbike and bicycle are the same because they both have two wheels.
Ah! Thanks - that explains stuff that I've wondered about for yonks. Although my memory is increasingly shot, I think the GP would always refer to it as Frozen, but the consultant said it was rotator cuff.

« Reply #56 on: 24 September, 2022, 09:06:26 am »
It is not my field and I always have clever people around to look at shoulders.
Frozen shoulder is an adhesive capsulises. Basically everything sticks to everything. So both active and passive ROM are reduced.
Rotator cuff tears or impingement reduce active ROM but leave passive intact, although possibly painful.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #57 on: 24 September, 2022, 12:24:46 pm »
There are multiple causes of non-traumatic shoulder pain. Some are self-limiting, some aren't.
Acute calcific supraspinatus calcification
Adhesive capsulitis
Subacromial bursitis
Rotator cuff problems
And more

All have specific diagnostic patterns, natural history and treatments (useful or not!)

Opining online is none too helpful. Shoulders should be assessed by folk who know.

« Reply #58 on: 24 September, 2022, 03:04:46 pm »

Opining online is none too helpful. Shoulders should be assessed by folk who know.
Almost certainly true of all things medical
(and, yes, I'm as guilty as the next of consulting Dr Google)

« Reply #59 on: 24 September, 2022, 04:04:04 pm »
If its frozen shoulder then I had that about 3-years ago and went to a private sports injury clinic for treatment which involved one injection known as Hydodilatation straight into the joint.  The difference within just a few minutes was huge and I have had no further problems since then.

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
« Reply #60 on: 05 October, 2022, 07:14:33 pm »
Well physio today and more exercises. Follow up in 2 weeks.  After that maybe a referral and maybe a steroid injection.  Left shoulder hurts all the time and I can't get a night's rest as every time I move I wake up with pain. Sigh

« Reply #61 on: 24 October, 2022, 08:16:49 pm »
had it some years ago in left shoulder. ended up with GP injecting joint. no better a couple of weeks later. so he stuck the needle in and pumped a load of steroids in. He then said that I can`t have anymore for several months as he had just used up the allocation for some time to come. It worked
couple of years later I got it in the right shoulder. more steroids, joint free and the good news that it only happens once in each joint. He appears to be right. That was many moons ago and no sign of it since

« Reply #62 on: 24 October, 2022, 08:50:33 pm »
Steroid injections are the first line option.  I had 2 separated by a few weeks then, as you say, they won't do more if the pain persists. 

Hydrodilatation was truly the miracle cure for me.  Went into hospital with chronic debilitating pain that had been with me for months and walked out 30 minutes later pain-free and no recurrence since.
The sound of one pannier flapping