Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1575944 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #1150 on: 07 December, 2011, 02:42:36 pm »
Halfwit. 

Those crudcacher 'road' mudguards you've spent 3 days trying to get to fit properly without rubbing?  Check your tyres.  The one you thought was a 23 might be a 25. 

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1151 on: 07 December, 2011, 06:00:21 pm »
Tonsils, sinuses, nose, ENT system in general.  You've been crap for a week now.  I am completely bored AND exhausted as I'm not sick enough to stay off work anymore, just feeling crappy and TIIIRED.  Immune System! Sort it!

« Reply #1152 on: 09 December, 2011, 12:55:22 pm »
Son of mine: I was young once. A long time ago, maybe, but I know all the tricks. Coughing unconvincingly when you hear me coming up the stairs isn't going to make your claim of illness credible. You've tried earache earlier in the week as well as a sore throat today. Now, there may be issues at school, so I'll talk to you about that another time soon, but I had plans for today and you managed to convince your mother that you're ill & I have to stay in to look after you. Don't expect any X Box/TV/PC today and yes, you do have to stay in bed. You're ill, remember?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1153 on: 09 December, 2011, 04:33:36 pm »
^^^^^^^
BTDTGTTS with bar ;D

Even now I sometimes find it appropriate to remind my heirs that nothing they come up with is new or original & that I,& their mother,have been there & done all that before they were born.
My grand daughters appear to be grasping this fact rather well :thumbsup:

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #1154 on: 09 December, 2011, 04:53:00 pm »
I can always tell if the boys are really sick: they don't have the energy to fight with each other, and goading goes un-thumped.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1155 on: 09 December, 2011, 05:40:38 pm »
Cats, gonnae no eat each others food plz?
you're supposed to be getting the P-binder <-- and --> you've got enough issues withouth eating the stuff you don't need
kthxbai
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1156 on: 09 December, 2011, 06:17:42 pm »
Rather embarrassingly I had to take him along to the school xmas fayre today. He made such a miraculous recovery that he was able to eat a burger, a couple of cupcakes and a chocolate fountain dipped skewer of marshmallows in full view of his teachers! Me a governor, as well.

Still, I think he got it well & truly drummed into him today that he was out of order. I made the point by subjecting him to extreme boredom. The only TV he saw was the snooker...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1157 on: 12 December, 2011, 04:52:13 pm »
Letting agent - it's nearly Christmas, you usually only remember to do flat visits in June. Why have you decided you want to inspect mine (and all the ret of us in the area's) on Wednesday?

I've got other things to do in preference to cleaning at the moment. :(
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1158 on: 12 December, 2011, 07:34:50 pm »
The in-ear headphones of my mp3 player broke today (not for the first time) & were "repaired" but Elvis is emenating from one ear bud only.A bit of firking 'n fiddling demonstrates that a broken wire within the stem is probably the problem.
Maybe Santa might replace them but he'll be as suprised as me no doubt at the cost.I imagined these to be tenapenny items but they're not.
I've only had them about 4 years & used almost daily for several hours ::-)

essexian

« Reply #1159 on: 13 December, 2011, 09:30:53 am »
Dear Tescos

Er, I did A level maths back when A levels were hard (runs and hides from the students and teachers out there) but your latest "Special Offer" has been somewhat confused.....

How is it a special offer to sell two large cheeses at "2 for £4" when they are £2 each anyway? Where is the saving????

Thanks in advance.

Confused of Stafford

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1160 on: 15 December, 2011, 11:58:19 am »
Will the git who stole my number plates please DIAF >:(
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #1161 on: 15 December, 2011, 12:03:18 pm »
Apparently, the reason scrotes steal number-plates is so they can fill up with fuel and drive off without paying.   Then you get a call at the door from Mr Plod...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1162 on: 15 December, 2011, 12:28:10 pm »
I had a set stolen some three and a half years ago and no sign of plod yet.  I'm more concerned about getting home tonight with bits of paper stuck in the windows...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1163 on: 16 December, 2011, 09:25:15 am »
My 'unfinished business' in Wales will remain unfinished in 2012 - I'm already have plans for the weekend of the Elenith (well, its successor).  :( 
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #1164 on: 16 December, 2011, 12:07:51 pm »
Letting Agent : "The last tenant changed it to a prepaid meter to save money."

BG : "Yes we can change your meter it will take a while but don't worry because I have checked and there is no outstanding debt on the account."

BG : "Who are you and how did you get your meter changed if you are not the registered customer?"

Me : "Dunno."

BG : "There's a debt on that account you've been paying a higher rate for your electricity."

Me : " >:( >:( >:("

BG : "You are now the registered customer and here's a credit for the excess you have paid."

Me : "Thank you."

Thank you to Iain and I'm sorry I was a bit  >:(  but this whole place is turning into a grinding mess of down, down, down.

« Reply #1165 on: 16 December, 2011, 12:49:40 pm »
Bollocks. I must've had a clash of recordings on the Humax & I failed to record John Arlott in Conversation.

« Reply #1166 on: 16 December, 2011, 02:08:06 pm »
Fellow Birmingham Cyclist forumite: It's an old chestnut this, but I had just said I wanted those pedals on the For Sale board. Trying to sneak in minutes later saying you could pick them up today was a very obvious way of trying to jump in front of me. I considered posting to that effect, but didn't. Anyway, the seller did the right thing and is selling them to me, so yaboosucks to you! Please to be looking up the word "etiquette" and acting thereupon.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1167 on: 16 December, 2011, 06:50:28 pm »
I had a similar thing a while back AWL, where an item got sold to A.N.Other.  Made me very grumbly at the time!

« Reply #1168 on: 16 December, 2011, 07:45:56 pm »
The pedals had been up for 2+ weeks and this bloke had the cheek to post 7 minutes after I'd said I was interested. It wasn't as if he said "I'll have them if AWL doesn't", he hinted strongly that he should be a better prospect, as he could get them today. Harrumph!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1169 on: 16 December, 2011, 07:58:35 pm »
About an hour ago, barakta prodded me in the elbow (for some legitimate kitchen reason) that's born the brunt of countless unplanned dismounts, and it's still hurting like a really hurty thing  >:(

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1170 on: 16 December, 2011, 08:09:36 pm »
hurting like a really hurty thing  >:(

I had an elbow like that,being the result of a "gentle" crush incident at work,which persisted for many months despite pain killers etc etc.Ultimately I tried using one of those gold plated brass wrist bands with a magnet in it.Despite my initial scepticism the pain eventually went away & I continue to wear the wrist band.

JHAT  I wonder if I could get one for my knee ;D

« Reply #1171 on: 16 December, 2011, 08:22:21 pm »
About an hour ago, barakta prodded me in the elbow (for some legitimate kitchen reason)

Was she trying to tell if you were cooked yet?
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1172 on: 16 December, 2011, 08:30:41 pm »
About an hour ago, barakta prodded me in the elbow (for some legitimate kitchen reason)

Was she trying to tell if you were cooked yet?

No.  We had that argument[1] about the chicken.

"Hmm, it's a bit pink"
"...and?"
"Well, it's a bit pink, that's what I'm saying."
"Pink's a bad thing, right?  How pink?"
"A bit."
*facepalms* "2 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? What?"
"I don't know, why don't you taste it?"
*sighs* *cuts a bit out and tastes it* "Hmm, about 5 more minutes, I reckon."
[time passes]
*removes chicken from oven, prods* "Well?"
(from other side of room) "Well what?"
"Well is it still pink?!?"
"I don't know..." *looks* "Not pink now, how does it taste...?"

Needless to say, I don't normally cook by colour.

[1] This is about as arguey as Kimandbarakta get.  We're not very good at it.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1173 on: 16 December, 2011, 09:04:13 pm »
KFC ftw?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1174 on: 16 December, 2011, 09:06:51 pm »
MY cooking isn't *that* bad.   :P