Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1576606 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #1300 on: 13 January, 2012, 06:47:27 pm »
Arse.  There's nothing in the fridge and I cant be bothered to drive 15 mins each way to go to t***o.  I suppose I can at least buy some beer while I'm there..

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1301 on: 13 January, 2012, 08:11:14 pm »
Arse.  There's nothing in the fridge and I cant be bothered to drive 15 mins each way to go to t***o.  I suppose I can at least buy some beer while I'm there..

Village pub not do food?
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1302 on: 13 January, 2012, 09:01:31 pm »
I got chilled fettling the bike before putting it away after today's ride and now just can't warm up!  I've had warm dinner, the heating's on and I'm dressed warmly...

I'm starting to consider a hot bath with a glass of wine*! BRRRRRRR!

*the wine may not help my actual temperature, but I may care less

« Reply #1303 on: 13 January, 2012, 09:04:51 pm »

Village pub not do food?

it does, but MrsMike's away and it always Ends Badly when I go there without her... :D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1304 on: 13 January, 2012, 11:26:50 pm »
I got chilled fettling the bike before putting it away after today's ride and now just can't warm up!  I've had warm dinner, the heating's on and I'm dressed warmly...

I'm starting to consider a hot bath with a glass of wine*! BRRRRRRR!

*the wine may not help my actual temperature, but I may care less

Try something hot, sweet and milky; hot chocolate or custard...

LindaG

« Reply #1305 on: 13 January, 2012, 11:38:43 pm »
Hot bath, warm drink, hot man.  To warm your feet on, obviously.

My body clock is all over the shop.  This gets less funny by the day.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1306 on: 14 January, 2012, 07:02:09 am »
Hot bath, warm drink, hot man.  To warm your feet on, obviously.

you very nearly got ten out of ten there  ;)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #1307 on: 15 January, 2012, 12:49:00 am »
many people claim a positive thing of there being 12 disciples.

I'm sure they do.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #1308 on: 15 January, 2012, 01:25:09 am »
many people claim a positive thing of there being 12 disciples.

I'm sure they do.

d.

I'm sure the twelve of them that Didn't get nailed up felt lucky. The thirteenth bloke wasn't so lucky.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

« Reply #1309 on: 15 January, 2012, 09:24:07 am »
My ludicrously large xmas booze stash has finally run out... :(
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1310 on: 15 January, 2012, 12:33:45 pm »
It's still January.Clearly it was not large enough.Do better next time.

« Reply #1311 on: 15 January, 2012, 04:18:09 pm »
I succumbed and bought a couple of bottles of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1312 on: 15 January, 2012, 06:35:14 pm »
I'm sure it's a great advantage putting off-road long distance paths into the Google mapping software, but it makes planning cycle routes with it a lot harder now. Apparently the best way from Kildale to York is straight over the top of the moors on a dirt track.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1313 on: 15 January, 2012, 06:57:20 pm »
Them things called maps may challenge Scholes in the come-back stakes ;D

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1314 on: 15 January, 2012, 07:01:29 pm »
OS maps I haz, but with route planning it was easier to let the machine do it.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1315 on: 16 January, 2012, 12:20:09 pm »
I'm proper Grumble with myself.I've ponced about wrt the train tickets for Kildale to the extent that I've missed out on the cheap tickets on the Friday.Cheapest now is £52 &  I'm not paying that much 'cause it's more than petrol would be ::-)

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #1316 on: 17 January, 2012, 10:22:49 am »
Ok sinuses, its not funny anymore, I want to be able to breathe properly plz. Making my nose whistle is irritating and not being able to breathe in properly is highly annoying as I have given myself a sore throat by breathing through my mouth. >:(
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1317 on: 21 January, 2012, 06:55:56 pm »
Why can't some people get a grip on what's important in this life?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-16648829
7 years ago, my cousin, his wife and two tots (<4 IIRC) had a miraculous escape from the tsunami at Phuket. When they returned to their hotel, another resident bemoaned the lack of marmalade for breakfast!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1318 on: 21 January, 2012, 07:33:45 pm »
According to information (that is t'internets, not the airport) our flight may not arrive until 1am, meaning we won't get back to bed in Furrybootoon until 3-4am :-(.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1319 on: 22 January, 2012, 11:03:04 am »
Why can't some people get a grip on what's important in this life?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-16648829
7 years ago, my cousin, his wife and two tots (<4 IIRC) had a miraculous escape from the tsunami at Phuket. When they returned to their hotel, another resident bemoaned the lack of marmalade for breakfast!

Quote from that report:

"There was certainly no 'women and children first' policy. It was disgusting."

No, there isn't, apparently, and it's a good thing too. It's been weighed up, and the stress and difficulty of dividing spouses, or fathers from families, wastes time. A good evacuation gets everyone queued up and in the boats and away, regardless.

I've never quite understood the women and children first thing, or the general feeling in any tradegy that women and children's lives are more important than men's. If anyone should get priority, it's those least able to help themselves or most susceptible to cold, regardless of age or sex.

I expect a tidal expert could probably assure the lady that her husband will end up off Monaco eventually.

(of course, the Concordia evacuation, or lack of it, does sound like it was very badly handled initially, that's not in dispute. I can't help thinking though, that if everyone had been told to be ready to get off, and then nothing happened, there'd be complaints about the inconvenience...)
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1320 on: 22 January, 2012, 11:17:18 am »
The fact that approx 4000 people were evacuated off a sinking vessel,in the dark, demands that someone deserves a great deal of credit.

« Reply #1321 on: 22 January, 2012, 11:28:06 am »
True, it could clearly have been a lot worse. But whatever happens, someone will moan about it.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1322 on: 23 January, 2012, 01:22:20 am »
Is one night of uninterrupted sleep too much to ask for?  Apparently, 'yes'.  It would be nice if I could sleep for more than 3 hours at a time - haven't done so in weeks.  Hopefully I can fall back asleep before it's time to wake up.  :-\
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #1323 on: 23 January, 2012, 01:45:23 am »
I also would like some sleep.  My head has been in such agony this past week or so that I finally succumbed to popping around 20 Dihydrocodeine 30's through the night follwed by, I think, 12 Tramadol 50's through the Sunday up to about 11pm. I have to be at a very important appointment with a psychiatric consultant tomorrow morning that means I'll have to be up for 7am.  Every time I lie down the pain makes me feel like I am floating round the room and ready to blow chunks with the Seasick feelings. All I want is a "Day off from all this" and remember the motivation, opportunism, love for adventure and self confidence I used to have back in the days where a months nett income 25 years ago was a LOT more than I now get in a year and the fact that I actually enjoyed the competitive and satisfying nature of my work and lifestyle. I'd like to know what I did to earn so much Bad Karma.

ETA: I'd also like to be the 10 stones lighter that I was back then and up to the early part of this century when I all but doubled my weight to a 40.9 bmi :sick:
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

essexian

« Reply #1324 on: 23 January, 2012, 08:14:27 am »
Currently getting quite upset with ATG ticket agency. Firstly, a £4 per ticket booking fee for a theatre you own! Robbing Gets  >:(

And then, you decline my card (and yes, its pay day so there is more than plenty of money in there!) but don't give me a second chance of trying again...oh no, I have to phone your "Helpline" which doesn't open until 9am.

Not a very good service.  ::-)

GRRRRR