Author Topic: First-World Problems.  (Read 335109 times)

Re: First-World Problems.
« Reply #550 on: 20 June, 2014, 09:42:53 pm »
I'm now in the pub, wearing shorts. Their dog keeps licking my legs..... I must taste of something nice....
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #551 on: 22 June, 2014, 06:13:30 pm »
I just had to fill in my details twice to order a ticket at Raby Castle, as the first time through Adblock wouldn't let the Online payment system open up. And the autocorrect insisted on me typing in each box instead of filling the boxes automatically.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #552 on: 23 June, 2014, 12:45:37 pm »
Bobb and I have just had to pay an additional £56 between us for the privilege of sharing a double bed when we go to Mykonos in 67 sleeps.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #553 on: 23 June, 2014, 12:51:05 pm »
A mouse has been removing the contents of the food cupboard and relocating them to various nesting points around the house.

As a result, my yoga mat is full of lentils.  :-[ :facepalm:
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #554 on: 23 June, 2014, 12:52:56 pm »
Oh dear, I do hope they're organic. You wouldn't want pesticide-ridden pulses in your yoga mat!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #555 on: 23 June, 2014, 02:49:06 pm »
Each summer I treat myself to scones, Wilkin and Sons Little Scarlet strawberry jam, and Cornish clotted cream.

First the scones run out, so I have to buy more to use up the cream. Then the cream, so I have to buy more to finish the scones. Then the jam.... and so the endless cycle goes on and on.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #556 on: 24 June, 2014, 05:58:54 am »
I need to buy some scones to take back to Germany on Sunday (with the Little Scarlet and clotted cream of course). Do you have a recommended Scone supplier?
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #557 on: 24 June, 2014, 10:11:08 am »
Mostly in Scotland, I believe. You could contact the Old Stables Tea Room at Paper Mill Lock and see if they could prepare a batch for you. Am I right in thinking that Little Scarlet it a flavour of Wilkins Jam? Good scones deserve nothing less than jam from Tiptree, although again some of the Dundee confections pass muster.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #558 on: 24 June, 2014, 10:44:53 am »
The artisan baker in town was closed when I went past this morning :( will have to settle for biscuits instead of a pastry with my coffee this morning.

« Reply #559 on: 24 June, 2014, 01:26:04 pm »
The artisan baker in town was closed when I went past this morning :( will have to settle for biscuits instead of a pastry with my coffee this morning.

You have an artisan biker? Oh..... <Books appointment with optician>

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #560 on: 24 June, 2014, 08:58:18 pm »
The Sainsburys man burst my tub of buttermilk so I won't be getting any freshly made scones this weekend ;(
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #561 on: 24 June, 2014, 10:53:21 pm »
I need to buy some scones to take back to Germany on Sunday (with the Little Scarlet and clotted cream of course). Do you have a recommended Scone supplier?

If I can't persuade Mrs O to make some, then I have to make do with Waitrose's best.

Ruth

« Reply #562 on: 29 June, 2014, 05:51:40 pm »
My M+S crayfish salad with edamame beans and noodles was disappointingly bland.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #563 on: 29 June, 2014, 06:16:23 pm »
My mother and I went to the Royal Academy last Monday to see the Summer Exhibition.
It was CLOSED for the day so we had to go to Fortnum & Mason.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #564 on: 29 June, 2014, 06:24:31 pm »

My mother makes the best scones.... her cheese scones are to die for, and are best eaten warm from oven slathered with butter.

You may have a heart attack - but you'll die happy!  :thumbsup:
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #565 on: 30 June, 2014, 02:36:33 am »
My mother and I went to the Royal Academy last Monday to see the Summer Exhibition.

Substitute "the Carlsberg brewery" and "the Tivoli Gardens" and you have my day in Copenhagen in 1993 ;D
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #566 on: 30 June, 2014, 08:45:06 pm »
Sat on the M25 for 2.5 hours on Friday evening last whilst attempting to travel the few miles around to the M3, the thought occurred to me upon gazing at the 8 lanes of static machinery (or is it 10?) with countless thousands of vehicles in both directions, do we not comprehend how barking mad this really is?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #567 on: 01 July, 2014, 12:54:24 am »

Substitute "the Carlsberg brewery" and "the Tivoli Gardens" and you have my day in Copenhagen in 1993 ;D

Having grandparents in Copenhagen made Tivoli a fairly frequent treat.

They lived here http://goo.gl/maps/hwxQq

I 'did' the Tuborg brewery with my Late Uncle Robert when I was about 10... We drank fizzypop but Robert (Bier) had the BEER.
More nominative determination...

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #568 on: 01 July, 2014, 03:11:03 am »
Sat on the M25 for 2.5 hours on Friday evening last whilst attempting to travel the few miles around to the M3, the thought occurred to me upon gazing at the 8 lanes of static machinery (or is it 10?) with countless thousands of vehicles in both directions, do we not comprehend how barking mad this really is?

Good evening Lemmings....

« Reply #569 on: 01 July, 2014, 06:47:00 am »

Clearly you did not.    :demon:

ian

« Reply #570 on: 01 July, 2014, 08:24:29 am »

I regularly get a taxi to Heathrow via the M25. I have been playing a pointless game where I see how single occupancy cars I can count before I spot one with a passenger. Motorbikes and lorries don't count. Last week I hit 82.

Mind you, I'd just back from the 5,500 mile flight. I should buy a bigger car.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #571 on: 01 July, 2014, 10:37:50 am »
The turmeric I put in with my rice has stained my wooden spoon yellow. It now doesn't match the other wooden serving implements.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #572 on: 01 July, 2014, 05:36:04 pm »
Waitrose! Will you please put a huge warning sign on any product of Israel so that I can more easily boycott it? I had assumed, naively, that the samphire I bought to go with the salmon steaks was locally produced.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #573 on: 01 July, 2014, 09:14:34 pm »
The turmeric I put in with my rice has stained my wooden spoon yellow. It now doesn't match the other wooden serving implements.

Buy a chocolate fountain?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #574 on: 01 July, 2014, 09:44:23 pm »

Buy a chocolate fountain?
Make more rice with turmeric, using different implements, until they are all the same colour again.
216km from Marsh Gibbon