Author Topic: Katie Hopkins does it again  (Read 17678 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: Katie Hopkins does it again
« Reply #25 on: 29 August, 2014, 04:56:14 pm »
Can we please stick to slagging off Katie Hopkins rather than telling fat people why they're unacceptable again?

A friend of mine saw her coming out of a motorway service station toilet cubicle and leaving the toilets without washing her hands. I'd happily send her off to America, but can't we make them keep Piers too?
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

ian

« Reply #26 on: 29 August, 2014, 07:05:42 pm »
Can we please stick to slagging off Katie Hopkins rather than telling fat people why they're unacceptable again?

A friend of mine saw her coming out of a motorway service station toilet cubicle and leaving the toilets without washing her hands. I'd happily send her off to America, but can't we make them keep Piers too?

No one said it was unacceptable.

And I still don't know who Katie Hopkins is.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #27 on: 29 August, 2014, 07:12:47 pm »
Ask Wow.
It is simpler than it looks.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #28 on: 29 August, 2014, 07:15:38 pm »
And I still don't know who Katie Hopkins is.

Makes two of us. Expected for a TV-free Grumpy Old Woman.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #29 on: 29 August, 2014, 07:35:17 pm »
Well, I googled.  Still no eyed deer.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #30 on: 21 April, 2015, 10:03:49 am »
Headlined "Rescue boats?
I'd use gunships to stop migrants" the 40-year-old, Katie Hopkins, said she didn't care and said the migrants were "built to survive a nuclear bomb".
She wrote: "Show me pictures of coffins, show me bodies floating in water, play violins and show me skinny people looking sad. I still don't care.
"Because in the next minute you'll show me pictures of aggressive young men at Calais, spreading like norovirus on a cruise ship.
"Make no mistake, these migrants are like cockroaches. They might look a bit 'Bob Geldof's Ethiopia circa 1984', but they are built to survive a nuclear bomb. They are survivors.
"Once gunships have driven them back to their shores, boats need to be confiscated and burned on a huge bonfire."

At what point do comments in a paid newspaper column turn from controversial "banter" into a tirade of hate?

Could I legitimately punch her in the face and claim it was "banter"?  I hope so because, although I don't approve of violence to settle an argument, I would have no sympathy if this was settled with a slap from
a relative of someone who just drowned.

How far will she take the Katie Hopkins "Woman of controversy"  character?

So Katie...How did you spend your precious time on Earth?

Katie - "I was a Troll and said spiteful things for money"

Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #31 on: 21 April, 2015, 10:24:27 am »
I think we've found the new presenter for Top Gear no?
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #32 on: 21 April, 2015, 10:32:53 am »
But doesn't she lack Clarkson's subtlety and charm?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #33 on: 21 April, 2015, 10:37:44 am »
RB Comments

Hopkins & Drowned Immigrants

But doesn't she lack Clarkson's subtlety and charm?

Yes.  Clarkson is a genuinely funny writer (in my opinion) whereas Hopkins is no different to any internet troll.  No wit, no irony, just trolling.

I think Russell just about sums it up.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #34 on: 21 April, 2015, 10:45:31 am »
Wow, I've never seen Russel Brand in any way like that before.

He's just soared in my estimations.

Thanks very much for that.
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

« Reply #35 on: 10 December, 2015, 03:03:40 pm »
I never had a problem with Hopkins as she was just entertainment value, now she's being used by Trump as justification for his views of the UK, I've realised a bit too late just how dangerous she is.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #36 on: 11 December, 2015, 07:01:27 pm »
I think they should get married, as long as they're not allowed to breed.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #37 on: 11 December, 2015, 07:08:40 pm »
Any prejudiced crank given breath incites those with even less self control to do stupid things.   Hopkins, Trump, Littlejohn, that Alaskan hockey mom, etc. are more dangerous imo as their radicalised views are somehow tolerated.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #38 on: 11 December, 2015, 09:18:52 pm »
ISTR that Oswald Mosley's downfall came when he organised a big Blackshirt march through London and people turned up in their droves to point and laugh.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #39 on: 12 December, 2015, 10:49:24 am »
ISTR that Oswald Mosley's downfall came when he organised a big Blackshirt march through London and people turned up in their droves to point and laugh.

Some numbskulls have been trying that in Liverpool the last few months. English Action? advertised they were going to hold a "white mans march" and set the city aflame if they were banned. In the event about 30 turned up and ended up hiding from the counter demonstration in the stations left luggage office ;D

About 15 of them turned up unannounced this time a few weeks back unfurled a banner for a photograph and then scuttled away again
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

« Reply #40 on: 12 December, 2015, 10:59:27 am »

Some numbskulls have been trying that in Liverpool the last few months. English Action? advertised they were going to hold a "white mans march" and set the city aflame if they were banned. In the event about 30 turned up and ended up hiding from the counter demonstration in the stations left luggage office ;D

About 15 of them turned up unannounced this time a few weeks back unfurled a banner for a photograph and then scuttled away again

National Action,  nasty lot.  The chap who tried to kill that dentist in Mold was one of theirs, they were sending threats to Wavertree MP Luciana Berger as well,
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
« Reply #41 on: 12 December, 2015, 11:04:04 am »
Any prejudiced crank given breath incites those with even less self control to do stupid things.   Hopkins, Trump, Littlejohn, that Alaskan hockey mom, etc. are more dangerous imo as their radicalised views are somehow tolerated.

Much as I find myself at the remotest possible distance from the views they espouse, living in a society which didn't tolerate all views (including theirs) would be much worse than one that does.

People use the term tolerance a lot - but forget what it means. It means putting up with something really objectionable, uncomfortable, or nasty - not just "we're a tolerant country - look, you can see lots of foreigners wearing their funny foreign clothes".

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #42 on: 12 December, 2015, 11:18:21 am »
but how far does your tolerance go? Do you tolerate murderers?

Free speech is a fine thing,  but speech is a damn good way to incite and organise much more harmful activities.

https://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/human-rights/free-speech-and-protest/speech-offences
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #43 on: 12 December, 2015, 11:48:41 am »
National Action,  nasty lot.  The chap who tried to kill that dentist in Mold was one of theirs, they were sending threats to Wavertree MP Luciana Berger as well,

Luciana Berger?  Sounds FOREIGN.  Put her in the garbage scow next to Mrs Farage and cast it drift off Bong Bongo Land.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #44 on: 14 December, 2015, 11:28:02 am »

Luciana Berger?  Sounds FOREIGN.  Put her in the garbage scow next to Mrs Farage and cast it drift off Bong Bongo Land.

Fairly solidly BRITISH I believe. For right wing nutjobs suffers from the twin handicaps of being female and jewish.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

« Reply #45 on: 14 December, 2015, 12:01:36 pm »

Much as I find myself at the remotest possible distance from the views they espouse, living in a society which didn't tolerate all views (including theirs) would be much worse than one that does.

People use the term tolerance a lot - but forget what it means. It means putting up with something really objectionable, uncomfortable, or nasty - not just "we're a tolerant country - look, you can see lots of foreigners wearing their funny foreign clothes".

But, we don't tolerate all views and behaviours as a society, do we?   Why do we have laws to punish a raft of crimes?   Clearly tolerance has it's limits.

I can recall events that have not been tolerated such as Ron Atkinson, Andy Gray, Russell Brand, the aussie radio broadcasters, Clarkson, etc.   In my opinion tolerance ends when ordinary, innocent people are subject to unprovoked prejudice and nasty attack in whatever form it comes.    So, why is Hopkins allowed to continue unabated? 

red marley

« Reply #46 on: 14 December, 2015, 12:15:57 pm »
Great quote from David Mitchell...

[Donald Trump is] the Lord High Emperor of the planet Katie Hopkins came from.

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
« Reply #47 on: 14 December, 2015, 12:18:09 pm »
But, we don't tolerate all views and behaviours as a society, do we?   Why do we have laws to punish a raft of crimes?   Clearly tolerance has it's limits.

The line I'm happy to draw - and used to be broadly reflected in our laws - was that freedom of views and expression of those views is to be tolerated but some behaviours are criminalised and not tolerated. So, tolerate the expression of "send all foreigners home" or "build a caliphate/republic/communist utopia/whatever" but don't tolerate - criminalise - duffing up foreigners or blowing things up in support of whatever cause.

I can recall events that have not been tolerated such as Ron Atkinson, Andy Gray, Russell Brand, the aussie radio broadcasters, Clarkson, etc.   In my opinion tolerance ends when ordinary, innocent people are subject to unprovoked prejudice and nasty attack in whatever form it comes.    So, why is Hopkins allowed to continue unabated? 

Don't know half the people in your list! But have they actually been prosecuted for just saying things? Or have they been pilloried and eviscerated on twitter for saying unpopular things? The latter is fine by my book.

You touch on the most uncomfortable aspect of free speech: "tolerance ends when ordinary, innocent people are subject to unprovoked prejudice and nasty attack". I get what you mean. But the alternative is to allow speech to be regulated and criminalised in accordance with definitions set by the likes of Theresa May.

« Reply #48 on: 14 December, 2015, 12:42:12 pm »
Y'see, I regard respect and decency as essential elements in a functional society.   As soon as that goes then discrimination becomes acceptable regardless of any showcase laws that apparently make it illegal.

As a disabled person I experience discrimination first hand on a regular basis.   I cannot imagine how shitty life could be if I ticked a few more boxes.   It's far too easy for us all to simply ignore the intolerance of others where it doesn't affect us personally.

In my opinion, what Katie Hopkins often says is filled with bile and hatred, prejudice and intolerance, not spoken with any value for society, and purely for her personal financial gain.   That is her so-called contribution to society!

« Reply #49 on: 14 December, 2015, 12:47:49 pm »
From the BBC

Quote from: BBC News
Pastor McConnell, 78, of Shore Road in Newtownabbey, County Antrim, is charged with improper use of a public electronic communications network and causing a grossly offensive message to be sent by means of a public electronic communications network.
The prosecution against Pastor McConnell centres on his remarks about not trusting Muslims.

How is what Hopkins says about refugees in boats or fat people any less grossly offensive?