Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 522067 times)

Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #4675 on: 21 July, 2021, 01:12:16 pm »
Which ACME member is this?
https://youtu.be/17kZwcUhVtM?t=34

It's quite a way from Mid Essex!  :thumbsup:

« Reply #4676 on: 21 July, 2021, 01:29:10 pm »
Which ACME member is this?
https://youtu.be/17kZwcUhVtM?t=34

It's quite a way from Mid Essex!  :thumbsup:

My latest starring role is uncovered ...

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

felstedrider

« Reply #4677 on: 21 July, 2021, 02:30:38 pm »
Just finished my latest build.   Has anyone got any ACME mudguard stickers ?

I can collect at the R&R.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4678 on: 21 July, 2021, 05:30:10 pm »

Dark blue AUK stickers - plenty; ACME ones (red with dynamite) were for 2019 PBP qualifiers, but I have some of those left too. I should have some new RAW ACME mudflaps soon: long front & rear so AUK compliant, and they'll be in the new reflective version, for just a quid more per set I think - need to do me sums, add in postage etc ... When the organiser's funds are in good shape next year, we could have some more dedicated ACME goodies.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4679 on: 21 July, 2021, 07:52:40 pm »
You need to show me your flaps Tomsk, Fred's has suffered a stress fracture so I could be in the market.

Also I have a freebie ACME jobbie which tucks into tour saddle rails for those uncouth sorts who don't have mudguards.

felstedrider

« Reply #4680 on: 21 July, 2021, 08:59:06 pm »

Dark blue AUK stickers - plenty; ACME ones (red with dynamite) were for 2019 PBP qualifiers, but I have some of those left too. I should have some new RAW ACME mudflaps soon: long front & rear so AUK compliant, and they'll be in the new reflective version, for just a quid more per set I think - need to do me sums, add in postage etc ... When the organiser's funds are in good shape next year, we could have some more dedicated ACME goodies.

I found 2 AUK stickers.  Both of the other bikes have ACME stickers but I can’t remember when I got them.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #4681 on: 21 July, 2021, 11:04:46 pm »

I'd be up for some rears
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4682 on: 22 July, 2021, 07:56:27 am »
I'll pack some in the saddlebag. Huggy should have some AUK ones too.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4683 on: 22 July, 2021, 08:07:07 am »
I'll pack some in the saddlebag. Huggy should have some AUK ones too.

Oh, I might hold out for an AUK rear flap just to add variety  :thumbsup:

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #4684 on: 25 July, 2021, 06:08:54 pm »
Anyone using Toppeak kit that uses the "square" mount on the bike side?

I have a few spare mounts from obsolete lighting - headset top caps, bar mounts, helmet mounts and cable tie mount. Plus the old lights (killed by UK weather) and battery hardware and soft cases with matching slide mounts. I wouldn't trust the 12v (li ion) batteries, but the electrical connectors are the same as B&M, so not yet recycled (safely).

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #4685 on: 28 July, 2021, 07:38:02 am »
I'm trying to keep some motivation for the bike at the moment which has led me to looking at places I'd like to visit, potentially #AGD if we are able to head abroad again (and I have enough money to spend!)

Riding through water and over a viaduct for starters.... with perhaps some Belgium beer in-between.... odd town names such as Genk and Donk... and maybe a bike part in 3 countries too (again...)

https://www.visitlimburg.be/en/what-to-do/cycling-through-water
https://www.visitlimburg.be/en/cycling-through-the-heathland
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4686 on: 28 July, 2021, 08:21:39 am »
I'm trying to keep some motivation for the bike at the moment which has led me to looking at places I'd like to visit, potentially #AGD if we are able to head abroad again (and I have enough money to spend!)

Riding through water and over a viaduct for starters.... with perhaps some Belgium beer in-between.... odd town names such as Genk and Donk... and maybe a bike part in 3 countries too (again...)

Got ant thoughts on dates?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4687 on: 28 July, 2021, 08:32:32 am »
I have the new super reflective ACME mudflaps from RAW. £20.00 per set, including stainless nuts and bolts. I'll bring some to the pub tonight and they'll be available at the social on 8th August along with other ACME goodies.

I've a stash of AUK stickers in the Carradice, but yet to have a good rummage around for the old ACME PBP ones.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #4688 on: 28 July, 2021, 09:59:54 am »

Got ant thoughts on dates?

No not yet - depends on me getting fixed etc... maybe a pre-LEL jaunt (worked well when I did similar in the same area in 2017)... I'm fairly sure it won't be this year given the state of stuff at the moment anyhow...
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #4689 on: 28 July, 2021, 10:14:22 am »
I'm fairly sure it won't be this year given the state of stuff at the moment anyhow...

In which case I'd be interested, and happy to help with planning.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4690 on: 28 July, 2021, 10:25:48 am »
I'm fairly sure it won't be this year given the state of stuff at the moment anyhow...

In which case I'd be interested, and happy to help with planning.

2022 would be ace. 

Just something else to consider... I'm very keen to return to the Alps next year, mid to late June seems to work well.

« Reply #4691 on: 28 July, 2021, 10:56:04 am »
I am also in need of some motivation and Belgium or the Alps (or both) would be perfect - Limburg is the ecstasy production capital of Europe if anyone needs a pick me up.

There is still time for something UK-based this year.  Whether there is sufficient fitness is another matter altogether.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4692 on: 28 July, 2021, 11:08:09 am »
I am also in need of some motivation and Belgium or the Alps (or both) would be perfect - Limburg is the ecstasy production capital of Europe if anyone needs a pick me up.

There is still time for something UK-based this year.  Whether there is sufficient fitness is another matter altogether.

Something UK based over a weekend would be smashing.  Early September maybe?  I really enjoyed our 2 night bivvy extravaganza last September so would be up for something similar but equally up for other suggestions.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #4693 on: 28 July, 2021, 01:40:14 pm »

Something UK based over a weekend would be smashing.  Early September maybe?  I really enjoyed our 2 night bivvy extravaganza last September so would be up for something similar but equally up for other suggestions.

Maybe by then I'll be in a better state of repair also! though it gets busy again in Sept with the schools back. There is talk of Thetford tails by some of the other instructors in 1st week Sept...
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #4694 on: 28 July, 2021, 01:45:19 pm »
Is the Peddars and Thetford ride likely to happen?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4695 on: 28 July, 2021, 04:29:20 pm »
I've a stash of AUK stickers in the Carradice, but yet to have a good rummage around for the old ACME PBP ones.
I have a goodly number of old ACME PBP stickers, I'll bring a couple of sheets along this evening
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4696 on: 28 July, 2021, 04:35:34 pm »
I have a goodly number of old ACME PBP stickers, I'll bring a couple of sheets along this evening

Have you any ACME “I came within a gnat’s cock of qualifying for PBP” stickers?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4697 on: 28 July, 2021, 04:36:27 pm »

no

Oscar's dad

« Reply #4698 on: 28 July, 2021, 04:39:50 pm »

no

>:( I pay my road fund tax you know.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #4699 on: 28 July, 2021, 05:06:49 pm »

no

>:( I pay my road fund tax you know.
It's not a tax!