Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 437494 times)

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #2700 on: 18 August, 2021, 08:17:03 pm »
Quote from: fboab
ffs on this one, too

Should have checked you were replying to internal peeps not external on this, shouldn't you?

Now wishing the ground would open up and swallow me, and instead of being righteously annoyed with failing supplier now have to look like a complete tool.
Bugger.

See also: responding to a message on MS Teams as though it's a personal message from the sender, rather than as actually posted in the meeting chat. That will teach me for trying to be more efficient.  :facepalm:
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

ian

« Reply #2701 on: 18 August, 2021, 08:31:14 pm »
I have ameliorated this problem by ensuring I have no filter.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #2702 on: 20 August, 2021, 04:04:36 pm »
It looks as though I may have forgotten to book the leave I was supposed to book in September...   :facepalm:

Luckily we haven't booked anything away anywhere - we were just going to be on the boat.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2703 on: 20 August, 2021, 05:20:06 pm »
Tried to clean my teeth (those remaining) with denture fixative. Very similar tube to the toothpaste.
Eyuck.  Disgusting.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2704 on: 24 August, 2021, 08:36:41 pm »
Not me, but us.

Pingu: where are the roof racks?
Me: ??? gestures at roof racks. Goes to inspect. They are for our previous car.  :-\
<we spend 5mins looking in the shed>
Me: we *have* actually used (other) roof racks on the Future Classic haven't we? Not imagining it?
Pingu: yes, yes we have
<Pingu & Mrs Pingu spend another 5 mins wondering if we've lost all our marbles>  ???
Eventually I espy the correct roof racks, cunningly hidden between the shed roof joists and the top of the wee room I had built in the shed.
Phew.  :thumbsup:
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2705 on: 02 September, 2021, 11:33:15 am »
Currently fitting a diagonal into the left wing of our main gate. Quite a faff, holding a 2-metre oak board diagonally against the frame to mark it  - took about an hour of slippy-slidey with MrsT bravely supporting one end of the board and ignoring the swears.  Then had to persuade my 25-year-old mitre saw to swing to the correct angle and stay there. Eventually got it cut and did a dry run at fitting it into the frame. It's OK but it's a bit thick so it's sitting 5 mm proud.  No problem, just have to chamfer it down; so back to the workshop, get my Stanley n°6 going, and half an hour's planing does it.  I love planing and get into a sort-of trance, a bit like doing a long climb.

All done, shavings into the box under the bench, admire the result and realize: I've chamfered the wrong bloody edge.

I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Re: The &quot;I'm Such a Fecking Div&quot; Thread
« Reply #2706 on: 02 September, 2021, 08:05:07 pm »
I’ve got a sheet of “bollocks to brexit - we told you so” stickers.
Today I walked past two Wetherspoons.
Did I have the stickers with me?

« Reply #2707 on: 02 September, 2021, 08:43:58 pm »
Photographing all of Ms Nutty's summer activities for school project (yes, we shouldn't have left it until the last week).  First set of photos on SD card in Mrs Nutty's study for her to upload when she gets a chance between meetings.  I needed to photograph the next project in action, so selected and grabbed another SD card off the pile to put in the camera.

Only 3 photos free   :(.   I went through the camera and deleted the ones not needed.  Only 3 photos left and still no space  ??? ??? ???   Removed card to stick it in the laptop and look.  Then I realised I'd grabbed a 16Mb card and not the 8Gb I thought I'd selected  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2708 on: 02 September, 2021, 11:14:21 pm »
Photographing all of Ms Nutty's summer activities for school project (yes, we shouldn't have left it until the last week).  First set of photos on SD card in Mrs Nutty's study for her to upload when she gets a chance between meetings.  I needed to photograph the next project in action, so selected and grabbed another SD card off the pile to put in the camera.

Only 3 photos free   :(.   I went through the camera and deleted the ones not needed.  Only 3 photos left and still no space  ??? ??? ???   Removed card to stick it in the laptop and look.  Then I realised I'd grabbed a 16Mb card and not the 8Gb I thought I'd selected  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Phew, I was expecting you to say you used the same SD card and deleted the first set of photos before Mrs N had uploaded the. 
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #2709 on: 02 September, 2021, 11:38:22 pm »
Pulled one of the tents out for a looksee as it has been quite some while due to Lockdown etc, and  the tent only having been used once before. I was thinking that I  really must get hold of a footprint for this tent as the groundsheet is quite thin, only to discover that I had already fitted one. Doh........ ::-)
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2710 on: 05 September, 2021, 09:28:38 am »
I went out early this morning to join the volunteer street cleaning group.  I was a little late so missed them at you usual meeting place. Wandered around looking for them until I Whatsapped one of them.
Turned out that I wasn't a little late.  I was a little early.  One week early.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #2711 on: 06 September, 2021, 08:20:52 am »
I'm away from home a week, down in Cambridge to work.

Travelling involves much stomping around between train stations. Obviously no bike, so I'm hoofing it everywhere.

Decided this would be a good opportunity to break in new boots.

I have blisters, major blisters, already.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2712 on: 06 September, 2021, 10:13:54 am »
I used to line the insides of the backs of new shoes with Sellotape to reduce friction. Worked beautifully.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2713 on: 06 September, 2021, 12:30:57 pm »
Well, I didn’t think that through properly. I’ve been replacing my soffits and facias, and have reached the box ends, which had me stumped for a while. I managed to order a small length of the right width board and set about cutting it to shape this morning. Oh. How am I going to join it to the soffit? I’ve got the right angled piece to connect it to the fascia, but that’s only going to work well if the box end also has the bullnose on the bottom.  :facepalm:

Now I could bodge it, but,that will forever annoy me and will probably leak in any case. So I need 350mm of 400*18mm bullnose facia. It’s sold in 5m lengths! At circa £100 plus delivery which isn’t exactly cheap fo a 5m length of anything.  Sigh.

I might look for and approach a window firm and se if they’ve got any offcuts.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #2714 on: 14 September, 2021, 02:45:21 pm »
I bought an aftershock headset and have spent the last 6 months moaning internally about the lack of a pause button on them.  I found it last night.  It is on the left side.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2715 on: 14 September, 2021, 04:50:27 pm »
Picked up a splinter from the top of our gate when I was going over it with a scraper this morning, which reminded me that my 10-yearly tetanus vaccination is due for renewal this year - I got the first one after inadvertently stabbing myself in the wrist in 1991.  It took me an hour of hunting to find my vaccination card, whereupon I found that:

- the first one wasn't 1991 but 1992
- my last vaccination was in 2002. Oops.

I suppose that means I'll have to have one asap and a booster in 2 years. Bugger.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #2716 on: 14 September, 2021, 05:16:36 pm »
I bought an aftershock headset and have spent the last 6 months moaning internally about the lack of a pause button on them.  I found it last night.  It is on the left side.

You're not alone!  The only difference in my case was that I don't care about the pause button because I only use them for Zoom meetings, but I was surprised to find it there, accidentally.

I've had trouble, but it was entirely down to the bluetooth dongle needed to stuff into the desktop PC being crap, so a replacement was sourced.  As I use a wired microphone on the desk, during a meeting I can go to the nearby bathroom for a pee, whilst still listening in, but not making piddling noises for all to hear!  As I wear hearing aids, they are an excellent solution for me, and will be used at 1900, for another bloody Zoom meeting.  Hopefully this one will only be a couple of hours, unlike Saturday's 5 hour epic.
Wombat

« Reply #2717 on: 14 September, 2021, 05:18:07 pm »
Picked up a splinter from the top of our gate when I was going over it with a scraper this morning, which reminded me that my 10-yearly tetanus vaccination is due for renewal this year - I got the first one after inadvertently stabbing myself in the wrist in 1991.  It took me an hour of hunting to find my vaccination card, whereupon I found that:

I suppose that means I'll have to have one asap and a booster in 2 years. Bugger.

We now do a lateral flow test and you only get the booster if the LFT says you need it.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2718 on: 14 September, 2021, 05:42:25 pm »

We now do a lateral flow test and you only get the booster if the LFT says you need it.
I was going to say that a doc had told me that once you’ve had a two or three most people don’t need another anywhere near as regularly as was thought to be the case.
Given the lack of vaccination card and my accident prone earlier years, I’ve had plenty of tetanus booster over the years, but was bemoaning a missed visit after yet another self impalement when said doc mentioned the above.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2719 on: 15 September, 2021, 10:13:54 am »

I was going to say that a doc had told me that once you’ve had a two or three most people don’t need another anywhere near as regularly as was thought to be the case.
Given the lack of vaccination card and my accident prone earlier years, I’ve had plenty of tetanus booster over the years, but was bemoaning a missed visit after yet another self impalement when said doc mentioned the above.

That's interesting.  Just phoned the local pharmacy to see if they can do it PDQ, but it has to be the doc.  I've had a total of three shots, the last one 19 years ago.  Had a few scrapes in the last 10 years but none that I can recall involving old wood. Plenty of the stuff around here, though - our barn is around 150 years old.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2720 on: 16 September, 2021, 03:18:19 pm »
It would appear that if you apply pressure on some types of fillers in order to squeeze them out of a mortar gun into small cracks, if you don’t use a big enough nozzle, the pressure accelerates the curing time! If it doesn’t say application by mortar gun, it’s probably not suitable for application by mortar gun  :facepalm:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2721 on: 16 September, 2021, 04:11:45 pm »
Ah. You weren't still talking about my tetanus jab.  Alles Chlor.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2722 on: 17 September, 2021, 05:27:02 pm »
The weekend, and I'd just sat down with a fake beer after some pre weekend hoovering. Noticed that giant crap candle we were given as a gift and thought, must put that in the tip pile.
Leaned over, picked it up by the lid, moved it towards me, at which point the candle parted company with the lid, right over my glass of fake beer.
Glass *everywhere*
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #2723 on: 19 September, 2021, 01:01:51 pm »
This is almost more of a tip, advice or what have you. You know that bit where you are fettling a bike that hasn't been ridden for a while? In fact, all things considered possibly the first fettling you've done for a lockdown-while? That bit where you are cleaning and oiling the chain? Well, when you are spinning the rear wheel while cleaning the clag off the chain, just because you can't see the spokes as the wheel is turning too fast, that doesn't mean they are not there any more.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2724 on: 20 September, 2021, 11:07:56 am »
And a similar one from me, if whilst out on a ride you notice the bar end plug is working a bit loose, don't try thumping it home again whilst riding along. 
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens